A90 Catted Downpipe Warranty

A90Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra Launch Edition
Hey, I was thinking about getting a catted downpipe for my A90 Supra. Will this void the warranty?
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Generally speaking...its not the DP that will void, it's the accompanying tune. Though at the end of the day it's up to the dealer to decide and they can't say for example your power seat going out won't be under warranty because you have a DP.

ikingkhaos

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Generally speaking...its not the DP that will void, it's the accompanying tune. Though at the end of the day it's up to the dealer to decide and they can't say for example your power seat going out won't be under warranty because you have a DP.
Nailed it!

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They’ll likely void your engine warranty. The turbo warranty will for sure be gone.
Pay to play, if this sounds like too big a risk maybe a car back exhaust is better suitable right now.
Mods are completely up to the dealers discretion, they can void it and you can bring in the magnuson moss law like everyone does but at the end of the day will it be worth your time, money and resources?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Or just run it and if something happens put it back to stock 🤷🏻

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I have tons of clients with the Active Catted dp and have brought into dealer for multiple warranty repairs, no issues. I had a 21 client who blew his turbo on jb4 with the AA dp, he unplugged jb4 but left the dp and they replaced no issues. I have an active catted for sale if you want, $1650 retail, selling for 699 shipped after core refund.

mvtte

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
I have tons of clients with the Active Catted dp and have brought into dealer for multiple warranty repairs, no issues. I had a 21 client who blew his turbo on jb4 with the AA dp, he unplugged jb4 but left the dp and they replaced no issues. I have an active catted for sale if you want, $1650 retail, selling for 699 shipped after core refund.
how did he manage to blow his turbo running jb4??

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
how did he manage to blow his turbo running jb4??
High map without running ethanol too much boost. So he says. It was a well abused car. Not the norm for jb4

mvtte

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
High map without running ethanol too much boost. So he says. It was a well abused car. Not the norm for jb4
sheeeeesh lol i will be putting the AMS catted DP and eventually JB4 so I figured I'd ask...

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Hey, I was thinking about getting a catted downpipe for my A90 Supra. Will this void the warranty?
Talk to your dealer. When I took mine in the first time(putting the A91 spoiler on) they encouraged me to mod it. When I took it in for first oil change and brake recall they didn't say a word about my downpipe, exhaust, intake, lowered nothing.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be surprised if the dealership could visually ID the difference unless they were really trying..

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
The dealership can deny a free job repair if they have proof that your mod caused the damage. If this is the case, you should not expect them to repair your car for free.
The dealership will still have to honor the warranty for all unrelated repairs.

The aftermarket downpipe is higher flow than stock; it reduces backpressure. It cannot be blamed for causing any damage to the car. It's a safe upgrade that will not get you into trouble with the dealership.
Sponsored