A90 GR Supra Super GT Concept at Tokyo Autosalon (Updated with leaked photo pg. 4)

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Have you sat in the R35 gtr? I still get hives getting launched everytime. I did one full track day in a friends GTR Nismo and i felt like I had vertigo around the corners because of how planted it was.

If this supra is a no go, it will be the nsx for me :9
Dude, I sat in an NC1 last night and the seats are so soft!
Sponsored

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
I guess now is as good a time as any...

The reason I decided not to buy an R35 GTR was because I decided to buy and fully restore to like-new condition an R34 GTR (my dream car). For years it has been the one car I have wanted and until recently it has always been out of reach financially. I decided rather than spend $100k on a R35, to spend $40k on an STI and the rest on an R34 from Japan.

I will say, the info I have received about the MKV (track & street) have been legit up to this point and are very tempting, but it's just that every time I think about any other car....I keep going back to the R34. I am a Nissan enthusiast at heart, and as much as I believe the MKV will be a BADASS car, it's just not my dream car.

Again, this decision has NOTHING to do with the information provided to me about the MKV. From what I have heard from reputable people, the MKV should be the best Supra ever. Yes, that's coming from the biggest skeptic on this forum.
How much in estimate do you think it costs to bring a R34 over here? Iā€™m assuming 60k based on your figures you provides?

EDIT: Price includes the R34 itself as well lol

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
How much in estimate do you think to costs to bring a R34 over here? Iā€™m assuming 60k based on your figures you provides?

EDIT: Price includes the R34 itself as well lol
Iā€™ll post documents up of everything in time in case anyone is interested in knowing what it will cost to import a non-road-legal car in the States. The car wasnā€™t too bad in terms of cost, however, the frieght, quarantine storage fees, and JAAI & JEVIC certifications are a b***h! Very pricey!

My advice to anyone wanting to import from Japan, get the car as cheap as possible....even if it means finding a less than average example.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll post documents up of everything in time in case anyone is interested in knowing what it will cost to import a non-road-legal car in the States.
I'm curious... do you have a lot of experience driving RHD cars? I only ask because it would suck to go through all the trouble of importing and restoring Godzilla, only to find out you don't enjoy RHD. I know I didn't. (R33, Z33, R32, S15/14/13, vintage Mini, USPS Mail truck... haha) BTW - I'm left-handed, so rowing the lever wasn't the problem.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Good luck on the R34 GTR. They are selling for approx. 100 K CDN up here landed....just wild! Im assuming you are not planning on plating it if you are bringing it over Which is a shame because since its under 25 years you wont ever be able to legally register it.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious... do you have a lot of experience driving RHD cars?
Iā€™ve driven a few RHD cars and itā€™s not as bad as people make it out to be. Like everything else, it will take some getting use to.

Us Aussies have lots of experience and parts for the R34 too, sing out if you need anything specific. I had an R32 and R33 gtr back in the day.
Yes! Thank you sir, appreciate it!

Good luck on the R34 GTR. They are selling for approx. 100 K CDN up here landed....just wild! Im assuming you are not planning on plating it if you are bringing it over Which is a shame because since its under 25 years you wont ever be able to legally register it.
The goal is to get the car here and begin disassembly right away. The car will not be plated. I can go through the proper protocols to get it certified for road use, but itā€™s too expensive. Besides, the car wonā€™t be ready for the road for a few years anyhow. I figure I take my time restoring it and then when the 25yrs come up, the car will be done and ready to be registered. The wait sucks, but I also look at it as an investment. Btw, I paid nothing near $100k for mine :D.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The goal is to get the car here and begin disassembly right away. The car will not be plated. I can go through the proper protocols to get it certified for road use, but itā€™s too expensive. Besides, the car wonā€™t be ready for the road for a few years anyhow. I figure I take my time restoring it and then when the 25yrs come up, the car will be done and ready to be registered. The wait sucks, but I also look at it as an investment. Btw, I paid nothing near $100k for mine :D.
Once a car is imported here illegally, it will be always be illegal even after 25 years

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Once a car is imported here illegally, it will be always be illegal even after 25 years
The safety requirements and laws differ after that time. I have already discussed this multiple times with the importer. Also, depending on how you declare your vehicle for importing affects its status in the States (racing, show, etc...).:D

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The safety requirements and laws differ after that time.
Yeah I understand, I am just saying a car has to be 25 when imported to be road legal.
I have already discussed this multiple times with the importer. Also, depending on how you declare your vehicle for importing affects its status in the States (racing, show, etc...).:D
Obviously those instances are different but you stating "Besides, the car wonā€™t be ready for the road for a few years anyhow" implies that you would like it for road use as some time in the future.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I'm not trying to burst your bubble but as Justbake stated. If the car is in the US before 25 years it will NEVER be legal. I've had RHD cars in Canada for over 10 years and have seen many situations unfold. But if you plan on ever plating the car, don't bring it before 25 years.

There are always loop holes and what not. But if you bring the car in as a "show car" or promotional vehicle before 25 years. You CANNOT change it once its 25 years to a different classification.

I think R34 GTR's are badass. I've driven one. But i would hate to see you buy your dream car and not go the way you think it will.. Keep in mind importers will also tell you different from the truth because they want the sale and don't care what happens 5 years down the line.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not trying to burst your bubble but as Justbake stated. If the car is in the US before 25 years it will NEVER be legal. I've had RHD cars in Canada for over 10 years and have seen many situations unfold. But if you plan on ever plating the car, don't bring it before 25 years.

There are always loop holes and what not. But if you bring the car in as a "show car" or promotional vehicle before 25 years. You CANNOT change it once its 25 years to a different classification.

I think R34 GTR's are badass. I've driven one. But i would hate to see you buy your dream car and not go the way you think it will.. Keep in mind importers will also tell you different from the truth because they want the sale and don't care what happens 5 years down the line.
Fellas, donā€™t worry about me or how the car will be registered. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ll say about that. I appreciate everyones concerns. This wasnā€™t a $50 decision that I could afford to gamble on....just know that everything is guaranteed and documented. I hired attorneys for my paperwork.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Anyways, this new Supra is going to be absolute knock-out. Just. Enter. Formula. One. Again. Please.

If Toyota has too much on their plate, a Lexus F1 car would be sexy as well. :love:
I think it's a long time before Toyota looks at F1 again in any capacity. Sad. To be fair though, F1 these days really isn't what it used to be. In all honesty I'd love to see a Lexus F1 car.

The R35 is a superior car, no arguing that. The R34 is just so raw and mechanical...itā€™s my dream car.
I know I'm damn well getting old, but I swear growing up the Evos & R34s were the Playstations of the car world. Sigh, how times have changed.

Us Aussies have lots of experience and parts for the R34 too, sing out if you need anything specific. I had an R32 and R33 gtr back in the day.
Not an Aussie here, but my brother and I run a performance shop and the aussies are def the business when it comes to Skyline parts. We carry stuff from Platinum Performance, GFB and Spool (all aussie). We are finishing up his RB25/30 swapped R33 to be back on the street/strip sometime next year, but you can hit us up if you need parts as well.

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
Fellas, donā€™t worry about me or how the car will be registered. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ll say about that. I appreciate everyones concerns. This wasnā€™t a $50 decision that I could afford to gamble on....just know that everything is guaranteed and documented. I hired attorneys for my paperwork.
I mean... you can just import it to Florida and then register and title it. There are states like Texas and Florida that are very lenient on this especially if you have actual possession of the car. Shoot, FL will register a hot dog cart with a 2J in it

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean... you can just import it to Florida and then register and title it. There are states like Texas and Florida that are very lenient on this especially if you have actual possession of the car. Shoot, FL will register a hot dog cart with a 2J in it
Lol! Again, the folks who know me well on this forum (close friends) know how I managed to get all my ducks in a row with importing the R34....legally....and with no worries :rolleyes::cool:.

Everyone always assumes they are two steps ahead of me on these types of matters. Iā€™m spending over $50k on the GTR, not $50....TRUST ME, I know what Iā€™m doing ;):thumbsup:.
Sponsored