A90 Supra engines and parts diagrams (all) revealed!

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
It's worth noting that this parts list doesn't include any of the US-spec front and rear bumpers, which include those shitty reflectors, so it's safe to assume these parts lists are not final.
I believe the only differences as far as reflectors go are in the lights themselves, no? I believe the bumpers are the same for US spec.

Could be wrong.

Jeff
Sponsored

Cjp78

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past cars -1985 supra, 1989 supra, 1992 supra turbo, 1989 supra turbo. Current - lease various BMWs
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but what about the liquid intercooler integrated into the intake manifold on the B58 engine? I wonder how much of an issue this will be as far as upgrades? I work on the engine line at BMW manufacturing and see this engine daily. The plastic intake manifold has coolant lines running into it as it serves as the intercooler.

kaneda

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kaneda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Demon, 2018 Civic Type R
I'm so confused. Who engineered this car? It all seems BMW to me. BMW engine. Interior. Chassis. Did Toyota just license the car to slap Supra on it as a marketing move? Seems like they did not want to invest in a new Supra, just use the iconic name without doing ANY of the real work to make this new car Toyota and iconic. Am I wrong?

corry29

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
惏惁惭ć‚Æ
Haha! This was debated many times and has sparked many arguments between the members. But at the end, it all comes down to when the car is fully finished and revealed, then cast the judgments

I personally think itā€™s exactly what you described, I think itā€™s 98% BMW with Toyota making up the rest 2% with its own slapped on logos and slightly redesigned (from the new z4) exterior.

Thereā€™s a fine line between the initiated and the un-initiated in this forum.

Last edited:

PilotMahoney

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS 250
I'm so confused. Who engineered this car? It all seems BMW to me. BMW engine. Interior. Chassis. Did Toyota just license the car to slap Supra on it as a marketing move? Seems like they did not want to invest in a new Supra, just use the iconic name without doing ANY of the real work to make this new car Toyota and iconic. Am I wrong?
Im new registered here in this forum but have been reading and following this forum since long time ago, and this is my first reply... With all respect, Man seriously STOP this thing about if this Supra is a BMW... You dont know whats inside the MKV, how its gonna be, specs or how was it build, how was the collaboration project made etc etc... but dont talk all the time just for seeing some pics or rumours.

Let the car be presented on the 14th, then drive it or test drive and then take your conclusion... If you like good for you man, if you dont stop this shit and crying and respect the car as it is, go for other brands simple as that.

Its getting too far and boring this thing about if the MKV is a BMW.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
What is the point of a discussion forum?

Here's a thought: Instead of whining like an 8 y/o with a skinned knee and calling for threads with discourse to be deleted, you simply don't participate?

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
Say you want to build you own gaming computer. And you design your own case, but you buy the motherboard, cpu, hard drive and power source from Asus or Toshiba or Sony..whoever. And then you put your own OS on it. Is it still a Sony computer or your own design? The car is a Toyota, built using BMW parts and tuned by Toyota. There are other models coming with more Toyota-parts if you want to wait and spend a little more money.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
What is the point of a discussion forum?

Here's a thought: Instead of whining like an 8 y/o with a skinned knee and calling for threads with discourse to be deleted, you simply don't participate?
What is there to discuss? Nothing. The car isnā€™t revealed yet and itā€™s weeks away from being on sale. This isnā€™t a discussion, itā€™s a therapy session for disgruntled people. Save it for your shrink.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
What is there to discuss? Nothing. The car isnā€™t revealed yet and itā€™s weeks away from being on sale. This isnā€™t a discussion, itā€™s a therapy session for disgruntled people. Save it for your shrink.

Interesting and rather ironic logic. Whining about whining..

Why does this forum exist, and why do you have 267 posts if there is nothing to discuss?

rob13567

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 camaro 2ss
I'm just wondering where to go buy it, Bmw dealers or Toyota dealers
Sponsored