A91 Edition Owners - Do you regret the missing HUD?

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Hello everyone,

I was dead set on getting an A91, but then I found out it didn't have the HUD. This was super perplexing to me, but I wanted to ask:

Do you ever wish your A91 had it?

It seems to me like it would have been a lot more useful with a tachometer.

Thanks,
Sponsored

860_ZUPR4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1383, 2015 WRX, 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2018 Civic Type R
Don't have an A91 edition, but I forget I have a HUD 98% of the time. Just so used to looking down for speed. Fully agree that it would be way nicer if it had a tach/gear position indicator.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is this a fact? I don't get why anyone would remove a feature on a special edition...
Did you check your settings?
I'm quite happy with the HUD on daily.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
One of my favorite features on a modern sports car.. why would they remove it on a special edition. I don't get it either.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It's a non issue. I don't need a speedo 2 inches above another speedo lol. It's a gimmick. Nothing more. But I was surprised that the A91 doesn't have them.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
When the HUD features were first unveiled on the 2020MY, I was greatly disappointed that it didn't include a tachometer or shift indicator which would have been a critical benefit on a road course.

Though I was initially very surprised that the highest trim version of the 2021MY didn't include a HUD when I picked up my A91 at the dealership, it is not something that I miss.

I think there is one positive attribute to not having the HUD which is a thicker/more durable windshield than the ones used for Supras equipped with the HUD (which I believe uses a two layer windshield).

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had it off for awhile and didn’t care. The only useful info it displays are directions which are also displayed in two other spots in the car. So :dunno:

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
I was completely fine with the car not having it. I would have turned it off and never used even if it did have it. I find HUDs to be more of a distraction than a help.

CaptRapt

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Raptor, 2020 TRD 4Runner, 2021 A91
The only useful feature of a HUD on a dedicated sports car would be the tach, imo. Since there's no tach, I was going to get a base 3.0 with no hud and the alcantara anyway. The blue was a super bonus. I also don't like cars consistently reminding me of the speed limit...makes me feel like a deviant.

OP
OP
type-964

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Thanks all for the helpful responses!

Does your A91 edition have wireless charging? I found this article that indicates (at least in Canada) that is also missing on the A91.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
no wireless charging either? odd

Wireless charge for me was slowwwww, so i never used anyway. phone is in a mount so i can watch boost and stuff so i am plugged into the usb 100% of the time

i do like the heads up. Never had it before. really like it on the track where i can glance at entry and exit speeds for various corners. For example, last lap i braked to 65 lets try 70 on turn X. I can feel and hear revs pretty good.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
no wireless charging either? odd
What the heck. It's not a bare bone Miata, these cars should all come with both modern technology and sportiness on the top/special trims.

There is a difference between choosing not to use a feature, and not having it.

I hope the future special trims come with everything because at the rate of Toyota making changes, I would like to buy another Supra before they are gone.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
It's a non issue. I don't need a speedo 2 inches above another speedo lol. It's a gimmick. Nothing more. But I was surprised that the A91 doesn't have them.
Is not a gimmick sorry but disagree.

The red warning ⚠ symbol the other day on HUD helped me avoid a near crash.

Plus the radio stations easy selection plus the cruise control Green bars closeness to other cars all make the driving experience more safer as eyes are firmly on the road and not down focused on other things.

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
not at all.
Sponsored