A91 Edition Owners - Do you regret the missing HUD?

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Completely untrue. If you believe this then don't brake at a redlight when you're behind a car and let's see if your car will stop on its own without ramming into the car in front of you.
Which part is "completely untrue"? Toyota claims these phases - of course there isn't 100% rate and it depends on the conditions but it's discussed here:

Phase discussions start at 1:20.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
The very first time I parked my Supra behind one of my other cars on my driveway, I was like literally 3 inches from the back of my other car and the car did nothing to stop itself.

I knew the nose was a lot longer than my other cars so I wasn't about to actually hit my other car, but I was a little surprised the Supra didn't brake on its own especially when it is super sensitive going in reverse.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The very first time I parked my Supra behind one of my other cars on my driveway, I was like literally 3 inches from the back of my other car and the car did nothing to stop itself.

I knew the nose was a lot longer than my other cars so I wasn't about to actually hit my other car, but I was a little surprised the Supra didn't brake on its own especially when it is super sensitive going in reverse.
The system is not active below 3mph...

I suspect if you were parking the Supra behind another vehicle then your speed was less than 3mph and the system would not be active at that time....

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Remember the system in this car is bmw based, it isn't Toyotas true "toyota sense". My 2019 Corolla Hatchback would stop on its own and in general, the safety features were a lot more intrusive than the Supra. I would not rely on the supra to stop on its own, all I've gotten was an audible and visual warning when coming up on someones ass too fast. My Corolla would have applied the brakes by the time the audible warning activated.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
The system is not active below 3mph...

I suspect if you were parking the Supra behind another vehicle then your speed was less than 3mph and the system would not be active at that time....
You're right, I was probably creeping up slower and a turtle would've probably thought my car was all show and no go.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Remember the system in this car is bmw based, it isn't Toyotas true "toyota sense". My 2019 Corolla Hatchback would stop on its own and in general, the safety features were a lot more intrusive than the Supra. I would not rely on the supra to stop on its own, all I've gotten was an audible and visual warning when coming up on someones ass too fast. My Corolla would have applied the brakes by the time the audible warning activated.
I mean.. the system is for an emergency and not for testing out if you car is gonna rear end someone at the traffic light for giggles. I'm gonna continue using the pedal for stopping.

Car has 0 issues stopping from highway speeds in adaptive cruise control mode though so it's not like it doesn't have the guts & programming to do this, but emergency stopping has inherently different parameters then normal driving so :dunno:

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
You canā€™t miss what you never had. Most A91 owners donā€™t come from a car with a HUD. So they wonā€™t miss it as much.

What you need to figure is that youā€™ll be lucky to get an A91 for MSRP whereas you can get a regular car with HUD for $4,500 off. This was the major deal breaker to me although I like the blue.

Also, HUD shows more than just speed it shows:

Speed limit
Entertainment info
Directions
Safety warnings
And Iā€™m sure more stuff I havenā€™t figured out

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
I never had a HUD before the Supra. I always just thought it was a gimmick. But now that I have it I find it very useful to not have to look down at the regular speedo.
The steering is sensitive and the car goes where it is pointed very quickly (which is a good thing) so the less time I have my eyes off the road the better.
I really don't understand the logic of the annual special edition model not having all the features of the regular model.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Having just picked up my A91 and never having an HUD before in any car i dont miss what i dont have or never had. However it is still weird that i dont get that being that i have a Special Edition. I wanted the Blue and i got it for invoice so it was a deal i couldnt pass up, but at the end of the day the only difference is that i get blue stitching, black wheels, free spoiler, and some vinyl stickers.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Having just picked up my A91 and never having an HUD before in any car i dont miss what i dont have or never had. However it is still weird that i dont get that being that i have a Special Edition. I wanted the Blue and i got it for invoice so it was a deal i couldnt pass up, but at the end of the day the only difference is that i get blue stitching, black wheels, free spoiler, and some vinyl stickers.
invoice is great for A91, which dealer did you go to?
Sponsored