About to go Bald

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
the jeep is a piece of shit like you tho no matter what they put in it. It should be so lucky it got that transmission in the first place
Piece of shit? Like you? 😆 Okay Nancy.

I've had it for 5 years now and never had a single issue. Oil changes and tires, nothing else

But I do like having the same slushbox in my Jeep that's in your Supra. For my car, I have a 6MT. I do like the ZF8 for the mall crawler though....
Sponsored

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Piece of shit? Like you? 😆 Okay Nancy.

I've had it for 5 years now and never had a single issue. Oil changes and tires, nothing else

But I do like having the same slushbox in my Jeep that's in your Supra. For my car, I have a 6MT. I do like the ZF8 for the mall crawler though....
Yeah will listen to the guy who keeps trying to compare his 5yr old Fiat-chrysler made shitbox to an already proven high performance sport car.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’ll be the 1st to say I don’t know why it works so well. But it does. So any buyer that is looking at a 2nd, 3rd, whatever car for the track, it’s hard to disappoint the amount of bang for the track buck with this car.

Conversely, if grocery getting, beginning of car hobby and or only car - get the manual, so you don’t loose that experience that will no doubt be gone in the near future. Everyone’s situation is different and one size shouldn’t fit all.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Yeah will listen to the guy who keeps trying to compare his 5yr old Fiat-chrysler made shitbox to an already proven high performance sport car.
Compare it? No, only the transmission since it's exactly the same.

My performance car has a 6MT. My mall crawler has a slushbox. Priorities. LOL

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Nah, the Jeep itself is awesome. The ZF8 is about average.
The programming and internals of the ZF in your jeep is completely different than the Supra and M cars. The cool part of the ZF is it can have a totally different personality depending on programming and internal setup.

No, only the transmission since it's exactly the same.
It’s not “exactly the same”. There is something like 1,200 different configurations the ZF can be setup with. Mechanical and programming.

Some examples:

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 11.10.37 AM.png

Last edited:

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Trackhawks are rad.

The Supra with a manual, after driving one for a bit, definitely feels like an afterthought but good effort.

If OP wants a stick, stick to getting a stick because the only reason why mine isn't for sale is because the new car manual options are BLEAK.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
There is something like 1,200 different configurations the ZF can be setup with. Mechanical and programming.
Mechanically, they are LEGO transmissions. Programming wise, an HTG controller works with all variants.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
The programming and internals of the ZF in your jeep is completely different than the Supra and M cars. The cool part of the ZF is it can have a totally different personality depending on programming and internal setup.

It’s not “exactly the same”. There is something like 1,200 different configurations the ZF can be setup with. Mechanical and programming.

Some examples:

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 11.10.37 AM.png
I already mentioned the tuning is different. That much should be obvious. But for all intents and purposes, it's the same 8 speed transmission. But yeah, the one on my Jeep is built to handle higher torque than the lightweight version in the Supra. I already knew that, but I didn't want to upset the sensitive people around here.

Like I said, it's a good transmission. I like it for my Jeep. Not so much for a sporty car.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No, only the transmission since it's exactly the same.
I already mentioned the tuning is different. That much should be obvious. But for all intents and purposes, it's the same 8 speed transmission. But yeah, the one on my Jeep is built to handle higher torque than the lightweight version in the Supra. I already knew that, but I didn't want to upset the sensitive people around here.

Like I said, it's a good transmission. I like it for my Jeep. Not so much for a sporty car.
It's not the same transmission. I know you are obviously just shitting on the ZF because you are a "purist" but you are incorrect in your statements.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
It's not the same transmission. I know you are obviously just shitting on the ZF because you are a "purist" but you are incorrect in your
It is the same. All ZF8HP transmissions are the same. Different tuning and ratios don't make them different.

And I'm not shitting on them at all.
I said repeatedly that I have one in my Jeep and I like it.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It is the same. All ZF8HP transmissions are the same. Different tuning and ratios don't make them different.

And I'm not shitting on them at all.
I said repeatedly that I have one in my Jeep and I like it.
It makes it different when you say it's boring in your Jeep so it must suck in a sports car. It's different. Totally different experience with different programming and internals, it's more than just ratios.

It's like me saying DSGs are boring because I have the "same" DSG in my Golf Wagon as in the TTRS. It's wrong and not factual.

At this point we all know you actually don't know what you are talking about. If you think the ZF in the M2/M3/M4/M5 is the same as the Supra, then you are wrong. 100% wrong.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Compare it? No, only the transmission since it's exactly the same.

My performance car has a 6MT. My mall crawler has a slushbox. Priorities. LOL
Wrong way around IMO. The Supra is the sportscar, so it should have the faster, better transmission. Let's face it, BMW isn't known for making good manuals. I thought it was rubbery and sloshy. The ZF8 Supra is just better.

The Jeep is already slow, with spongy suspension and mushy brakes, unless we're talking trackhawk or something, so having that with a manual makes no difference.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Piss shadow is just the American version of this aussie dickhead above, ignorant trolls.