MKVSAL

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Whats up Supra family.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with my 23 A91-MT which I purchased new around December of 2022. Two weeks after I purchased the vehicle (which I waited almost a year and a half for) my wife and I found out she's pregnant with our first child. We weren't necessarily planning on having children just yet but you know how that goes 😆. Anyways, needless to say the pregnancy was a happy surprise. With that said, although the supra was and is my current dream car, I don't think I would have necessarily purchased it after finding out my wife was expecting.

Now, I'm debating wether or not to put the supra up for sale. I also placed an order for a 23 Tundra TRD PRO around the same time which I have yet to get a call for.

I paid 6k over MSRP when I purchased the vehicle and I'm currently financing it through a local credit union. My wife has a small SUV with is more than sufficient for now and other than the Supra I have a BMW motorcycle which I use to commute to and from work.

So I just wanted to get some friendly advise from anyone who has been in the same predicament. I know the decision is ultimately mine, just wanted to hear your guy's thoughts. :thumbsup:

FullSizeRender-compressed.JPG
Sponsored

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Keep it!!! Life is too short to give up your dream car just cause you got a little one coming, especially since your wife has an SUV that can be used.

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
Whats up Supra family.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with my 23 A91-MT which I purchased new around December of 2022. Two weeks after I purchased the vehicle (which I waited almost a year and a half for) my wife and I found out she's pregnant with our first child. We weren't necessarily planning on having children just yet but you know how that goes 😆. Anyways, needless to say the pregnancy was a happy surprise. With that said, although the supra was and is my current dream car, I don't think I would have necessarily purchased it after finding out my wife was expecting.

Now, I'm debating wether or not to put the supra up for sale. I also placed an order for a 23 Tundra TRD PRO around the same time which I have yet to get a call for.

I paid 6k over MSRP when I purchased the vehicle and I'm currently financing it through a local credit union. My wife has a small SUV with is more than sufficient for now and other than the Supra I have a BMW motorcycle which I use to commute to and from work.

So I just wanted to get some friendly advise from anyone who has been in the same predicament. I know the decision is ultimately mine, just wanted to hear your guy's thoughts. :thumbsup:

FullSizeRender-compressed.JPG
First priority is financial stability for you and your growing family. If you have the financial stability to support your family while having the Supra and the Tundra, then it becomes a matter of do you want to keep it or not?

If this is really your dream car and you enjoy driving it and the finances are good, then keep it. If you could use a little extra money for when the baby comes, then it might be best to part ways with it.

Figure out the financials and go from there.

OP
OP
MKVSAL

MKVSAL

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
First priority is financial stability for you and your growing family. If you have the financial stability to support your family while having the Supra and the Tundra, then it becomes a matter of do you want to keep it or not?

If this is really your dream car and you enjoy driving it and the finances are good, then keep it. If you could use a little extra money for when the baby comes, then it might be best to part ways with it.

Figure out the financials and go from there.
Financially we are set for now. I'f it wasn't for the baby I would absolutely not consider selling the supra. I definitely would not be able to finance both the supra and the tundra at the same time without putting a strain on our financial well-being. That would be like 140k in auto loan debt. So that's a no go. It has to be either or.

This is our first baby so we are new to this. I agree with you, financial stability should be my priority which is why I started debating parting ways with the supra in the first place.

OP
OP
MKVSAL

MKVSAL

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Keep it!!! Life is too short to give up your dream car just cause you got a little one coming, especially since your wife has an SUV that can be used.
I wish I could have both the Supra and the Tundra hahah. I wish I could have fleet of vehicles like you bro 😆.

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
As someone with two kids, both unexpected, I’ve learned there is never a “right” time for that vacation. That expensive dinner. That car you’ve dreamt of. If you and your spouse are willing to work with finances, make the necessary adjustments where possible, I say keep it. Some of my biggest regrets in life are passing up opportunities because it wasn’t the “right” time, or most convenient. Kids will always be priority, you make other things work around it. At the end of the day it’s a decision between you and your family, but I recommend trying to make it work. You can always sell later if you need to.
Best of wishes to you and yours. Congratulations

OP
OP
MKVSAL

MKVSAL

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
As someone with two kids, both unexpected, I’ve learned there is never a “right” time for that vacation. That expensive dinner. That car you’ve dreamt of. If you and your spouse are willing to work with finances, make the necessary adjustments where possible, I say keep it. Some of my biggest regrets in life are passing up opportunities because it wasn’t the “right” time, or most convenient. Kids will always be priority, you make other things work around it. At the end of the day it’s a decision between you and your family, but I recommend trying to make it work. You can always sell later if you need to.
Best of wishes to you and yours. Congratulations
Thanks brother, this was the type of advice I was looking for. I'm excited to join the dad club in the coming months.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Would just get a reliable suv commuter and keep the supe

OP
OP
MKVSAL

MKVSAL

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Would just get a reliable suv commuter and keep the supe
Definitely an option, I was an off-road guy before buying the supra so that's why I gravitate towards buying and building out a Tundra TRD PRO. My wife and I enjoy camping and hiking in the middle of nowhere so we would get great use from a Tundra or even a Sequoia. I can only imagine the adventures we would have in a built out off-road rig if you know what I mean.

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
If possible, keep it. Sell it if you need or actually enjoy more environmentally capable vehicles,

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Keep it and take the little one for some rides! My kid was 2 when I introduced him to the Supra and it's by far his favorite car now.

He enjoys it more than my Jeep and off roding...

OP
OP
MKVSAL

MKVSAL

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Keep it and take the little one for some rides! My kid was 2 when I introduced him to the Supra and it's by far his favorite car now.

He enjoys it more than my Jeep and off roding...
Nice!! regardless I will have to invest in a vehicle with a backseat in due time. Im glad your little one enjoys the Supra as much as we do.

SupraCess

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR Surpa and a turbocharged FRS
Definitely an option, I was an off-road guy before buying the supra so that's why I gravitate towards buying and building out a Tundra TRD PRO. My wife and I enjoy camping and hiking in the middle of nowhere so we would get great use from a Tundra or even a Sequoia. I can only imagine the adventures we would have in a built out off-road rig if you know what I mean.
You definitely will have some fun off road with the Tundra TRD PRO.

OP
OP
MKVSAL

MKVSAL

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
You definitely will have some fun off road with the Tundra TRD PRO.
I agree bro. I had some wild and fun adventures in my last off road rig. I miss it.

Don't get me wrong, I’m very happy I purchased the Supra. I just keep picturing all of the adventures to come with my little one and I can’t fit all 3 of us in the Supra 😅.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Nice!! regardless I will have to invest in a vehicle with a backseat in due time. Im glad your little one enjoys the Supra as much as we do.
I get you. I had to get something with a back seat and 4 doors too. I drive a boring 4 seat electric suv daily..... much easier with the kid though. I honestly don't mind driving it everyday knowing I have the supra sitting there waiting for some fun to happen. If you can swing it, do it.
Sponsored