Aftermarket Seats

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Just wanted to add a bit of clarity to the thread in case someone is looking for seats.

As long as you unplug the battery before install and re-connect the seat belt receptical to the OEM harness under the seat (white male connector that connects to the farther black female connector) you will still retain all functions including cruise control.

HOWEVER, you will have a persistent error for the driver's harness. It's annoying but at least it doesn't impede other functions.

See the rest of the thread for coding that out. I know there has been an update to the bimmergeeks protool app so the current process may or may not work.

I also recommend the Macht Schnell mount + rails! Overall it fit pretty well, instructions could be a bit more precise but not bar all things considered.
20230815_211940.jpg
20230815_211857.jpg

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
For anyone who has replaced one or both seats, what are you doing with your stock seats? I can't sell these damn things, want them out of my office, and don't want to throw them in the construction dumpster down the street. Seems like a waste. I thought about marketing them to the sim racing crowd...

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
For anyone who has replaced one or both seats, what are you doing with your stock seats? I can't sell these damn things, want them out of my office, and don't want to throw them in the construction dumpster down the street. Seems like a waste. I thought about marketing them to the sim racing crowd...
Are they red or black, and if black, Alacantara base or full leather Premium seats?

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Are they red or black, and if black, Alacantara base or full leather Premium seats?
Full leather black premium seats. Only about 6500mi in butt time and are in excellent condition. I have both driver and passenger side.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Been trying to sell mine for months.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Have you tried a salvage yard?

Also, how’s the race seats working out for ya? Any dash lights or errors you have to deal with while driving on track?

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Have you tried a salvage yard?

Also, how’s the race seats working out for ya? Any dash lights or errors you have to deal with while driving on track?
I haven't yet tried a salvage yard. I'm kind of leaving that as a last option given the price I'll get, BUT at least I'll get some cash rather than have a set of seats sitting around doing nothing. I think the last option is going to be to post 'em on a sim racing site and give Facebook Marketplace a shot, though I doubt the latter will be worth the time given the limited reach.

I didn't have any issues with the limited track time I got and no further codes on the road after handling the initial batch. I'm currently sidelined from the track though (surgery this winter) so it will be next year before I'm able to get back in it and throw it around, sadly. You still having issues with codes?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I haven't yet tried a salvage yard. I'm kind of leaving that as a last option given the price I'll get, BUT at least I'll get some cash rather than have a set of seats sitting around doing nothing. I think the last option is going to be to post 'em on a sim racing site and give Facebook Marketplace a shot, though I doubt the latter will be worth the time given the limited reach.

I didn't have any issues with the limited track time I got and no further codes on the road after handling the initial batch. I'm currently sidelined from the track though (surgery this winter) so it will be next year before I'm able to get back in it and throw it around, sadly. You still having issues with codes?
Thx for the info :) Surprisingly, she’s happy now. Good luck with your surgery & hope you get well soon!!!!

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Just wanted to add a bit of clarity to the thread in case someone is looking for seats.

As long as you unplug the battery before install and re-connect the seat belt receptical to the OEM harness under the seat (white male connector that connects to the farther black female connector) you will still retain all functions including cruise control.

HOWEVER, you will have a persistent error for the driver's harness. It's annoying but at least it doesn't impede other functions.

See the rest of the thread for coding that out. I know there has been an update to the bimmergeeks protool app so the current process may or may not work.

I also recommend the Macht Schnell mount + rails! Overall it fit pretty well, instructions could be a bit more precise but not bar all things considered.
20230815_211940.jpg
20230815_211857.jpg
So I can't seem to get my cruise control to work anymore... I coded out the errors minus my seat belt light kept flashing...

Not sure why that happened or how...not that i used cruise but it was annoying that I couldn't get it to work after installing the seat

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I can't seem to get my cruise control to work anymore... I coded out the errors minus my seat belt light kept flashing...

Not sure why that happened or how...not that i used cruise but it was annoying that I couldn't get it to work after installing the seat
Are you sure you have the seat belt receptical connector connected to the harness emerging from the carpet?

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Are you sure you have the seat belt receptical connector connected to the harness emerging from the carpet?
Yeah it is, i saw someone else have this same issue so not sure. Wish some coders could chime in cause i think this is why my cruise control stopped working

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah it is, i saw someone else have this same issue so not sure. Wish some coders could chime in cause i think this is why my cruise control stopped working
Hmmm interesting. Yeah I installed my seat and didn't connect that which threw the cruise control error. After disconnecting the battery, reconnecting that harness, and reconnecting the battery it went away
Sponsored