Comfortable seats for Big Guys (fat)

QLion

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2022 GR LC300
Hello, im looking to get more comfortable seats for my supra because my back always hurts after long drives.
Any recomendations?
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I would advise to lose the extra weight…

buuuuut I think there are items out there that can go on your seat to provide extra lumbar support.
You may also want to adjust your positioning.

I have my first positioning as closer to the wheel and back more straight for when I’m being a hazard to society

second setting is a few inches back, dropped a bit in the back, and seat reclined a little more for the longer chill drives.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Probably any comfort-oriented seat with less aggressive bolsters:
Recaro Cross Sportster CS
Recaro Ergomed/Orthoped/Expert
Sparco GT
Bride Euroster
Bride Streams

Or look into some BMW OEM used seats that could maybe work, like from a 4 series or something.

Also try changing out the bar behind the seats (or take it out altogether, it's not doing too much structurally) to the Cusco harness bar, which can give you an inch or two of extra reclining room.

OP
OP
QLion

QLion

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wouldn't it be cheaper to loose a few pounds instead?
true it would, but I'm trying to lose weight now, but I think even if I lost weight id still want more comfortable seats.

OP
OP
QLion

QLion

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Probably any comfort-oriented seat with less aggressive bolsters:
Recaro Cross Sportster CS
Recaro Ergomed/Orthoped/Expert
Sparco GT
Bride Euroster
Bride Streams

Or look into some BMW OEM used seats that could maybe work, like from a 4 series or something.

Also try changing out the bar behind the seats (or take it out altogether, it's not doing too much structurally) to the Cusco harness bar, which can give you an inch or two of extra reclining room.
Based on looks i feel this is how i would rank most comfortable to least:
1-RECARO Ergomed E & ES (Because it comes with a climate package comprising seat heating and air conditioning which is great for our hot climate in the middle east)
2-Sparco GT
3-Bride streams cruz
Thank you

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Omg love these seats. My buddy just sent me this pic from Instagram, are these yours? If so, where did you get these? Love these. These are the seats in the GTR I believe as well.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
The seats are fully optioned out, with OEM heat integration, airbags (plug&play), you move your oem buckle over. All I got coded was, driver And passenger restraint systems and passenger occupancy sensor.

Omg love these seats. My buddy just sent me this pic from Instagram, are these yours? If so, where did you get these? Love these. These are the seats in the GTR I believe as well.
yeah these are my custom set from AMX Performance. Recaro Sportster come stock in a lot of cars.

are they comfortable? the only problem i have with the current seats is the width of the middle section
Theres no adjustment in lumbar in the global market edition, the JDM/Euro Market Sportster do. Ive had very little seat time in them, but theyre great to me. Comfortable yet aggressive enough bolsters to keep me in my seats with spirited driving.

7D43055D-474B-474D-976E-92AF1BB78FC1.jpeg

Last edited:

Laurentj23

First Name
Laurentius
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota supra
Based on looks i feel this is how i would rank most comfortable to least:
1-RECARO Ergomed E & ES (Because it comes with a climate package comprising seat heating and air conditioning which is great for our hot climate in the middle east)
2-Sparco GT
3-Bride streams cruz
Thank you
Does the recaro ergomed fit the stock seat rails?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
no fr i have back problems thinking of getting sparco GT seats or recaro E S
I'm a skinny guy, but have terrible back problems. My spine (lower back) is curved and twisted. Surgery is in my future. No car seat is 100% comfortable for me, and the Supra is one of the worst. This of course didn't show up during the test drive, but only after I owned the car. I honestly thought I was going to have to sell it, until...

https://a.co/d/1dnZyoC

It's the perfect size to fit down in the crack of the seat, just soft enough to squish down, but just firm enough to provide some support. I know all back problems are not created equal, but I like to share this info when I come across threads like this due to how huge of a difference this made for me. I do plan on getting different seats one day that are a better match for my back, but this addresses 100% of the issue until then.

Hope this helps.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Wouldn't it be cheaper to loose a few pounds instead?
No fucking shit, Sherlock. 🙄 I get it, but come on... I was overweight most of my life, and knew the answer was to lose weight, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be comfortable in their car because they're packing around a few extra pounds.
Sponsored