AngelsofVerdun

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I was going to drive to Hoover and look, but I am having to wait for my local BMW to address their shitty CPO car they sold me. lol. I went and looked at a manual Grand Sport C7 Corvette today.... 😂 I'm already thinking about trading-in this M2C, just too sketchy for me.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I was going to drive to Hoover and look, but I am having to wait for my local BMW to address their shitty CPO car they sold me. lol. I went and looked at a manual Grand Sport C7 Corvette today.... 😂 I'm already thinking about trading-in this M2C, just too sketchy for me.
Honestly, the crank hub bolt issues were the breaking point for me. Every noise you hear, every time you back off of the throttle hard, etc.... Did that just cost me $5k? Having the proper fix done to prevent the issue really isn't any cheaper, either.

Otherwise, I absolutely loved driving the M2C. Not as quick as the Supra, but MUCH more raw. And MANY more rattles. haha

The extremely aggressive rear diff lock-up got a little annoying sometimes - like when making a left onto a road in front of a cop. Virtually impossible not to spin a tire, especially if it's cold or wet out. If no one was around to care, then that definitely added to the fun factor! :)

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
$10K+ for CF wheels is completely normal.... Don't understand why people are getting upset about this.

$13,000 for CF Wheels is a steal. Normally they are easily $24K+ for premium brands.

Also the performance gains from CF wheels is significant when compared to aluminum wheels on the same platform.

Last edited:

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
$10K+ for CF wheels is completely normal.... Don't understand why people are getting upset about this.

$13,000 for CF Wheels is a steal. Normally they are easily $24K+ for premium brands.

Also the performance gains from CF wheels is significant when compared to aluminum wheels on the same platform.
Well
 not that significant, actually. You’re gaining more from where the weight is on the wheel (I.e., closer to the center) than in actual weight. A typical 19” fully carbon fiber wheel is around 17lbs. A typical 19” aluminum wheel with carbon fiber barrel, like these, is around 20lbs. Not actually that light, compared with some of the lightweight forged wheels on the market.
The point is, for $13k, yes they are cheap for wheels with a carbon fiber barrel
 but unless you’re at the very fringe, it is a complete waste of money - and at that point, you’re also likely to want wheels wider than the stock ones, which is where these really fail.
If you want light, expensive wheels, get some of the BBS FI-R and save yourself
 um
 well, enough to take the significant other out to dinner, at least!

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
A Nissan dealership for me was doing a bidding war on the new Z, it’s wild to see how after a few days, the bid was already at 80k..just get a Porsche at that point, smh. Please

Mthrice

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Porsche GT3 2015 BMW M3
50K adm here in Vegas. Why not just wait a year, they didn't spend all that time producing this to only sell 500 units. Their gonna make a bunch next model year.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
A Nissan dealership for me was doing a bidding war on the new Z, it’s wild to see how after a few days, the bid was already at 80k..just get a Porsche at that point, smh. Please
Yes! I will never understand people who substantially overpay for cheap cars... Like the BRZ and GR86 going for $40k++. You DO realize that these cars are good *for the money* right? Like, them being cheap is the whole damn point.

All of the MK8 Golf Rs around here are going for near-$60k. Yeah, let's see - New Golf R, or a low-mileage older GT-R? That's a tough call! $80k for a Z - I get it, it's the new shiny - but come on, you could have damn near anything for that money, and so many of those things would be significantly better. Hell - I could buy a new Supra, and get a great used 370Z for that money! haha

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Well
 not that significant, actually. You’re gaining more from where the weight is on the wheel (I.e., closer to the center) than in actual weight. A typical 19” fully carbon fiber wheel is around 17lbs. A typical 19” aluminum wheel with carbon fiber barrel, like these, is around 20lbs. Not actually that light, compared with some of the lightweight forged wheels on the market.
The point is, for $13k, yes they are cheap for wheels with a carbon fiber barrel
 but unless you’re at the very fringe, it is a complete waste of money - and at that point, you’re also likely to want wheels wider than the stock ones, which is where these really fail.
If you want light, expensive wheels, get some of the BBS FI-R and save yourself
 um
 well, enough to take the significant other out to dinner, at least!
Just looked back at the potato pics on the site. I see that it's a 2 piece wheel with a CF barrel. So likely they weigh about 20 lbs for the front and 21 lbs for the rear.

OG OEM wheels weighed 24 and 25 pounds.

Magnesium wheels are the real winner. Monoblock mag wheels at 19 x 9 only weigh about 15 lbs.

Think I might get me some now that I'm talking about it.

Edit: Looking back at that dealers posting. Those wheels look like 2 piece RS5RRs from Litespeed Racing.... So I highly doubt that those are OEM wheels.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Just looked back at the potato pics on the site. I see that it's a 2 piece wheel with a CF barrel. So likely they weigh about 20 lbs for the front and 21 lbs for the rear.

OG OEM wheels weighed 24 and 25 pounds.

Magnesium wheels are the real winner. Monoblock mag wheels at 19 x 9 only weigh about 15 lbs.

Think I might get me some now that I'm talking about it.
Yep, exactly. Carbon fiber wheels are a cool talking point - but for them to have ANY kind of reliability on the street, they need to be somewhat heavy (relatively speaking).

Magnesium alloy is definitely where it's at! Litespeed only charges (ONLY, hah) $3400 extra for magnesium - you can get a full set for barely over half of what these OEM wheels cost, in a similar style, and they weigh in at less than 17lbs for the sizes we would want.

For comparison, they charge $10k extra (bringing it to a little over $15k) for a carbon fiber barrel - and $13.5k upcharge (a little over $18k total) for a carbon fiber barrel with magnesium face.
Sponsored