All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Thank God Toyota went the opposite direction and got rid of the awful pops and bangs after the 2020 model. The 21 and up sounds great with an aftermarket catback. Sophisticated burbles rather than those awful firecracker bangs.
I don't know if car manufacturers are trying to imitate the sound of anti-lag with those pops and bangs but they don't sound good at all, unlike real anti-lag, they just sound so tacked on and cheesy.
Sponsored

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
I personally really dont care about comparisons because they are generally a waste of time if the tires are wildly different. The SS 1LE comes with eagle f1 supercars and the supra comes with PSS. 300 vs 220 treadware. The Mustang comes with a Cup 2, which are 180 treadware. The PSS is a piece of shit on the track so its really no surprise that a car with very similar power to weight but better tires is faster around a track. Power to weight between the supra (.114) and the SS 1LE (.1179) is .0039 hp per pound difference.

That being said the fact that the chassis code is going to be the same as the 370 tells me all I need to know about the new Z.
Can't find too many lap times for both cars at the same track other than MT @ Laguna Seca (1LE was ~3sec faster) and C&D @ VIR (1LE was ~5sec faster). The GY SC3 isn't that much faster than the PSS. The Sport Cup 2 might be close but not the SC3.

As for the Z, not disputing that, I'm certain it will be slower than a Supra on track and much slower than the Track Pony's.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
I will say that hands down Nissan will never build a car that actually competes with this and not cost twice as much. If the new Z comes close to a 3.0 premium, it'll come in the form of a $70,000 Nismo edition and still not be the same.

They're already just comparing to the 2.0 in many write-ups.

And the interior is just as vomit worthy as any other Nissan

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I was interested in the comparison between Camaro and Supra. I tried building a 1LE and it came with an msrp of $75kā€¦is that right? That would be >$15k more than what the msrp on my Supra was. Seems A little apples to oranges to me šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø That Camaro seems very nice though, certainly much nicer than the base models.

Iā€™m disappointed in the Z. I hate the front bumper, plastic interior, hype about a 400hp engine that seems u likely to be 400 at the wheels, and now the slow shifting and body roll. Also, where the hell is it? Theyā€˜ve been ā€œrevealingā€ it forever. The supply chain issues must have really screwed production up.

I hope itā€™s nicer that it seems. Iā€™d love to love it, Supra killer or not. The just the noise video didnā€™t give me any reassurance šŸ˜”

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
I was interested in the comparison between Camaro and Supra. I tried building a 1LE and it came with an msrp of $75kā€¦is that right? That would be >$15k more than what the msrp on my Supra was. Seems A little apples to oranges to me šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø That Camaro seems very nice though, certainly much nicer than the base models.
Sounds like you're building a ZL1 1LE and not an SS 1LE. The ZL1 1LE is on a whole other level. SS 1LE starts at $46K USD MSRP.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Track friend has Zl1 1LE above ^^^
Bone bone stock. I can pass him on the straight and corners but mine is pretty far modified as a track toy. I have driven it a couple times. The GM motor and suspension is very very impressive right out of the box

There was an orange one in some of my other videos. i will dig up...
Usually see him at Summit. He is better driver and runs 100 wear tires. Much more even.
Amazing cars. Just heavy. In short technical tracks there are vulnerable- it is just physics. On fast tracks like Summit Main or VIR they are monsters.

I agree with several above comments the Z will be a cool street car, car show, going to get super riced out. But not much on the track.
Japanese Dodge is the best comparison.

Edit: video found

Orange 1LE comes into video around 3:30 Friend in a cool N54 135 and I catch up to him. Some good footage of a 1LE going around Summit. fwiw

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Yes that is going to FF10. I deal with Vehicle Effects and they build the cars for FF. I have actually been involved with the Fast and Furious stuff since 2013...
What is that other car on the trailer? American cars almost don't exist in my country, I really don't know much about older muscle cars.
Sponsored