All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
These air vents are a cool feature. The Z is also getting a 12.3” digital instrument panel, vs. the Supra 8.8”. Still not enough to steer me towards the Z. Toyota brand loyalty here.
283BD11B-2BE2-4BE5-B100-AC3EBCB9C342.png
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
More of a BMW fan than Toyota- so no loyalty

Besides Godzilla, Nissan quality and build has never impressed me. They have sunk to a disposable product and they have chased the bottom demographic for car ownership.

Competition is good.

I do not care for the styling but that is completely Subjective. I am sure some loyal Z folks are wetting themselves

Think the Supras will absolutely eat them alive. Bolt on and tune vs bolt on and tune the gap will be even larger.

You all new to the BMW platforms have probably seen- BMW engines and transmissions are pretty fricken fast out of the gate. Even comparing similar hp- a BMW always seems to get there a tick faster.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
Front 3/4 view looks strikingly similar to the GR86. Seems like they should have announced pricing, since the car is ridiculously similar to the prototype they showed last year. Very glad they're offering a manual, although I was never a big fan of the 6MT in the 370Z.

I test drove a '21 Nissan Versa a little while back because its the cheapest car on sale with Carplay and Adaptive Cruise. It was by far the lowest slowest car I've ever driven, but the interior was surprisingly nice relative to Nissans of the past and its $17k price point. Hopefully they carry some of that improvement forward into the Z.

The name Nissan Z sounds dumb.

I prefer simple Z over a numerical number then Z. I wish they called it what it is which is Fairlady Z.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Yeah, not official though. Base spec gets an open diff :rofl: small brakes, non sport suspension, no rev match, cloth interior. So there's the savings vs Supra lol.
That and they are also reusing A LOT of assets from the last 2 cars. That's how they are able to keep this car so cheap. I don't see it as a bad thing though other than I've seen this same interior for the last 20 or so years.

2006-nissan-350z-grand-touring-in-blue-dashboard-center-console-gear-AREMHW.jpg

2018_nissan_370z_coupe_dashboard.jpg

New Z
2023-nissan-z-o-8-1629245465.jpg

The exterior looks fine to me. I really love the headlights. I'm glad there are so many sports cars at various price points for people.

Hopefully the people that have been begging for this to come with a manual actually buy it with a manual. But that's usually not the case. That's why JDM collector cars with drivetrain options have a 25% price increase with their manual variants... Because very few people optioned them out with manuals when they were new.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
The reveal itself was pretty underwhelming. Essentially nothing more than a color reveal and reconfirming what was already assumed. Seems the marketing wanks have chosen the trickle of info/spec route to keep a steady hype until we get closer to launch.

That aside... RWD, turbo, MANUAL... Yep, I'm still 100% sold on what's likely to be the last of its kind ever produced. The only question I have is do I have to wait for the Nismo to get all of the good/best stuff? And if the 38k base price holds, talk about a "totally lit" undercut.. :thumbsup:

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I can't get past the headlights. I think they could have done better there. They just look... boring. Everything else is spot on.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I can't think of a reason to get rid of my Supra for it. But I want both cars to be successful. I have 2 possible issues with it.

1. The front end mixture of grille and headlights.

2. The possible weight and feel of the car.

I think some folks will prefer the styling of this car because it's very reserved and simple compared to a Supra with a ton of interesting lines, creases and the fake vents which still look great nonetheless.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Y
We need to start a thread of who is all getting rid of the Supra for the new Z!!!
Yes, please… I want to see all the people who are willing to commit to another car before it’s even released. I’m gonna pass on it, there’s nothing really earth shattering for me when it comes to this car. It just feels rehashed and uses way too much from the previous Z cars/Infinitis.
I can't think of a reason to get rid of my Supra for it. But I want both cars to be successful. I have 2 possible issues with it.

1. The front end mixture of grille and headlights.

2. The possible weight and feel of the car.

I think some folks will prefer the styling of this car because it's a very reserved and simple compared to a Supra with a ton of interesting lines, creases and the fake vents which still look great nonetheless.
I feel the same way. Not getting rid of the Supra for it. It’s not an upgrade imo…

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Toyota needs to allow tuning on ecu or I'm tempted for a manual.
other than it’s not Toyotas call… it’s ECM manufacturers being pushed to lock by the EPA. This will be an issue across all cars, not some.

If the only enjoyment you are getting out a car is based on whether it’s a manual car, are you really a car enthusiast? Or a manual enthusiast?
Sponsored