Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I don't know why some of you guys get really heated with the BMW comments. Technically, it is. So what? It's still a fun as hell car.
I don’t mind, I’m just saying I found it interesting his change up and how those types of videos further push the negative outlook. I’m a big believer in getting whatever you like and enjoying it. Haha
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
For the no test drive rule I like to look at it from the dealerships perspective, no salesperson will say it to your face but they don't want their time wasted by people who aren't even looking to buy. Imo if you're looking for a sports car, you know exactly what you want so a test drive won't make or break that decision, just a quick sit down to make sure your ass actually fits.
I understand the dealer's POV, but from a buyer's perspective if I'm dumping that amount of money on any car I want to have a preview of what it's like to live with. Also buying a sports car can also be an impulsive or passion purchase. A test could be enough to push someone that is on the on the fence over.

Last edited:

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
^^^^ for me, the test drive sealed the deal for me. I was skeptical at first. After driving it, I was like I want one. Lol
I wasn't sold on the look of it, especially the back end but when I saw it in person that all changed :thumbsup:

Then I drove it....game over :)

Now driving a standard one leaves me cold...:rolleyes:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I wasn't sold on the look of it, especially the back end but when I saw it in person that all changed :thumbsup:

Then I drove it....game over :)

Now driving a standard one leaves me cold...:rolleyes:
the look grew on me more and more. Back in feb of 2019, I was bashing it like others. Called it a bmw Miata look alike. Lol

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Were you living under a rock in 2011/12? When the 86 aka FR-S was first released the internet and haters trolled it hard as a "rebadge Subaru with a Toyota logo".

Sales are pretty strong so far. It will most likely surpass the total number of A80s in just a few months time. I think the real sales killer are retarded stealerships with their outrageous mark ups and their refusal to let people even take one out for a test drive.
Dealers making it hard to get test drives is not helping.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
I guess dealers handle it very different and it also might vary from country to country.
First sports car i bought the dealer let me had a demo car for a week. The other car I bought i had a demo car over the weekend. No questions asked, just here is the key. Don´t wreck it.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I guess dealers handle it very different and it also might vary from country to country.
First sports car i bought the dealer let me had a demo car for a week. The other car I bought i had a demo car over the weekend. No questions asked, just here is the key. Don´t wreck it.
There is a LOT of leeway between dealers. At least here in America anyway. Demographics probably play a role also.

Maybe the limited number of Supras is part of the issue. A dealer who only has 1 or 2 new Supras in inventory might be hesitant to add miles to one of them.

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
I too absolutely hated the way the A90's looked when it was first released, seeing it in person definitely changed my opinion, especially in red. Just wish the dealer didn't put the clear bra on mine.
Any reason why you don't like the clear bra? I never owned a car that has one and always thought it's a car meant to be driven, not babying it

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Any reason why you don't like the clear bra? I never owned a car that has one and always thought it's a car meant to be driven, not babying it
It only covers a quarter of the hood. You only notice it if you're standing right up on my car but I know it's there and it bugs me lol. I may have it removed and Xpel the entire hood so I don't see any lines.