Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

tonyng92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E93 M3 F82 M4
Vehicle Showcase
Corvettes are gunna be marked up just as much as the supra is so comparing the marked up supra to a msrp Vette is irrelevant
Idk if this holds true for the c8. I believe their strategy is to sell in quality to make up for the RnD. I have a contact in Virginia that is getting 600 unit by end of this year. That’s just one dealership. All going for msrp. The streets will be flooded with C8 by summer next year.
Sponsored

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
In 4-5 months no dealer will have any markups for the mkv because there will be more than enough available.

Same for the Vette. The first ones will be expensive and that's it.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
people are only kidding themselves if they don't think the Corvette will not impact Supra sales...sure perhaps Supra customers weren't interested in past Corvette generations, but come on there were barely a few MKIV Supra buyers to begin with compared to the masses of Corvette owners. There is no denying what this C8 offers, GM totally proved me wrong with specs & pricing.. If a V8 mid-engine sports car that starts at $60 doesn't make you bat an eye then you ain't thinkin straight. MKV is now relegated to being the alternative & "different" choice that you don't see everyone driving >.<

..this is now Toyota's time to step up to differentiate the Supra by offering a MT since GM won't be putting one the C8.

What’s the difference between now and in 1997 when the C5 just came out and was under 40k? Nothing new that American performance cars are always cheaper compared to imports.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
I just think its funny how much bitching whining and moaning I've heard about no manual trans supra and then they build their first Corvette with a definite no manual trans in the works. I havent heard a gripe yet

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I just think its funny how much bitching whining and moaning I've heard about no manual trans supra and then they build their first Corvette with a definite no manual trans in the works. I havent heard a gripe yet
There's actually plans for a Hybrid and Plug In Vette

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
The C8's specs and price blew me away and I immediately thought about the Supra. But if anyone here is like me, I would never consider buying one. It's just not for me.

Now it's fine if aftermarket tuning is not your knowledge base, but your sentence is confusing. You know the mkiv supra even the mkiii are some of the most tunable cars on the planet right?
Lets correct your statement, BMW left certain mods off the car as a pre planned staged set of mods companies can fill. Like a flea market, they setup the tent for you to sell your goods. How do we know, BMW Toyota said this is what they are doing. The mkiv or mkiii supra was build as an amazing car to be driven unmodded, the Japanese tuner market was born because of cars like this. Like I said, most people will mod these cars the same way, remove the vents, pretuned ecu flashing software, exhaust, high flow cats, intakes, and suspension/chassis improvements. Mainly ones that don't void the warranty. And man you are going to need that warranty if you plan to drive these cars like the YouTube reviewers for any period of time.
Again, the only tuner friendly car coming from Toyota in the past decade was the 86 because it had a Subaru ECU. If the Supra was a pure Toyota it would have been 100% not tuner friendly just like all the trucks/cars and the Lexus F line up. It may be perfect right out of the factory but it would drive away the tuners (only a handful of companies deal with modifying Lexus cars) and that was the strongest points of the MKIV and the 2JZ regardless of how great they were stock.

German engines are one of the most stout out there under constant stress. Driving at high speeds and RPM for hours without any signs of over heating. They do have their flaws but from my experience they're usually electrical rather than mechanical.

Regardless, I never have and never will care about warranty after about 5000km on the ODO. Maybe because I only drive Toyotas and I can't help but modify every car I own.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly my point in the C8 thread that no one else seem to understand :bonk:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
This is exactly my point in the C8 thread that no one else seem to understand :bonk:
Because most Corvettes are driven by old men and they order an automatic anyway. How many exotic car makers still offer a manual? Not many. The Supra is a sportscar. A sportscar should have a manual option. The Corvette is a supercar (now) and supercars only having the best performing option is a lot more accepted.

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
Because most Corvettes are driven by old men and they order an automatic anyway. How many exotic car makers still offer a manual? Not many. The Supra is a sportscar. A sportscar should have a manual option. The Corvette is a supercar (now) and supercars only having the best performing option is a lot more accepted.
Driven by old men? What do you consider old, and what do you think the average age will be for these new Supra's? I would guess not many young guys would be able to afford this car. But seeing as I am old (60) I could be wrong. Age is a state of mind (I think) but my memory is not what it used to be.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Driven by old men? What do you consider old, and what do you think the average age will be for these new Supra's? I would guess not many young guys would be able to afford this car. But seeing as I am old (60) I could be wrong. Age is a state of mind (I think) but my memory is not what it used to be.
I agree with the state of mind. I'm 38 and WAS sold on buying a Supra. Just waiting for an opportunity to test drive one since I'm 6'3 and need to fit. Most expensive fast cars I come across are driven well below the speed limit by "elderly" people, mostly men, in Corvettes, Porsches, etc. Such a shame. I think the Supra and it's 50k price is a lot more attainable. Especially in a couple years when they have plummeted in value like most BMW products do. I do not expect them to hold their value well. People around my age with a halfway decent job should be able to pick one up. 60-65k and up is a bit higher bracket that's mostly filled with more seasoned individuals.

rob13567

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 camaro 2ss
There is a good bit of negative comments on the Corvette c8 forums, first is not my Corvette because its mid engined, second is the looks mainly the rear, and third is the no manual option. Think the Corvette has a older fanbase since I seen the average age of buyers is 57 to 60 and not supra lovers who haven't even driven or own one
Sponsored