Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
When you google that, it returns the same sentence "Final development of the 2JZ-GTE was outsourced to German engineering firm Johann A. Krause Maschinenfabrik GmbH for refinement to meet production car homologation requirements set forth by the former All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship." over and over again with no origins of source or evidence.
So ask yourself this. If you simply type in 2JZ-GTE co-development Johann krause GmbH why then so many hits and links to the story that supports it? There is no evidence of anything to the contrary other than some guy on a Supra forum who claimed to have allegedly phoned Johann Krause 10 years ago to ask if they were ever involved in the development of the 2JZ-GTE, and he claimed they stated they never were. Anyone who believed this bullshit needs to seriously be mentally evaluated.

First of all there is more evidence that supports the historical facts that Toyota outsourced the 2JZ-GTE block to Johann Krause GmbH then contradicts it. Secondly, any company most certainly an engineering firm who has trade secrets of a manufactures engine designs or the development which they plan on implementing for the company they have been hired by isn't going to nonchalantly offer this privy information that is under strict NDA and NCC agreements to some jack-off calling or emailing to settle a forum debate.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
FALSE! The B58M30I 3.0 i6 has only been out a few short years and has made leaps and bounds over what took a 2JZ-GTE a decade to achieve after it's public release in 1993. 27 years of technological advancement and engineering development that surpasses the 2JZ-GTE with ease. It's like comparing a rotary phone to the latest iPhone and claiming that the rotary phone still has some relevant qualities that make it superior to an iPhone.

Papadakis Racing has made over 1,000hp on a fortified rods and piston yet stock bottom end B58M30I, several tuners have tuned the B58M30I to over 900hp on stock block holding just fine still, and the MKV Supra has gone 9's in the 1/4 mile on stock block and transmission and did so in less than 4 months of it's public release. What were the 1993 Supras running back in 1993? 13's? Even 5 years later in 1998 I think they were just barely kissing high 11's if I recall correctly.

I read some of the articles published in 1993 about the tech that went into the A80 Supra which were publicized in magazines and there was no internet for any of us to post and share the information. It was all word of mouth at that time. I assure you the information I shared isn't rumor. Who would just arbitrarily make up such a rumor about another company co-developing a Toyota motor? What would be to gain from such shenanigans?

FALSE! The 2JZ-GTE was co-developed and engineered by Johann Krause a German Engineering firm back in 1991 originally for the Toyota Aristo V (JZS147) which was later sourced for the 1993 MKIV TT A80 Supra. The GETRAG 6 speed transmission in the A80 TT Toyota Supras known as the V160/161 Type 233 is also German and built to Toyota's specifications. The LuK flywheel in the A80 MKIV Supra as well as the Recaro seats from 1995+ J-Spec RZ-Models are also all German.

What's considered recent? 2 years? 5 years or even 10? Your claim here is also false. Aside from the aforementioned motors you listed there is also the Lexus LFA's 1LR-GUE, and the 2UR-GSE in the IS-F, RC-F and LC500 that are all sourced from Yamaha. In fact, Yamaha's Music company tuned the sounds of these motors along with the exhaust notes. If we go back further though, Yamaha designed and engineered the 3M 2.0L i6 which is the origins of all JZ series Toyota motors. Continuing on with the 4A-GE, 2ZZ-GE, 3S-GTE, 1JZ-GTE and a few others.
So using your poor logic the mkiv supra from 27 years ago doesnt perform better than the mkv does now using technology light years in advancement it is a bad platform? Do you realize how far your head is up your own ass? We'll just ignore how technology works and pretend time is irrelevant so your argument makes sense.
Your claim of being tired of the bias towards the mkv yet your own bias wont let your brain absorb reality.

Cheers,

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
So ask yourself this. If you simply type in 2JZ-GTE co-development Johann krause GmbH why then so many hits and links to the story that supports it? There is no evidence of anything to the contrary other than some guy on a Supra forum who claimed to have allegedly phoned Johann Krause 10 years ago to ask if they were ever involved in the development of the 2JZ-GTE, and he claimed they stated they never were. Anyone who believed this bullshit needs to seriously be mentally evaluated.
No I simply see many copy and pastes of the same sentence, there is no story that supports it.

First of all there is more evidence that supports the historical facts that Toyota outsourced the 2JZ-GTE block to Johann Krause GmbH then contradicts it. Secondly, any company most certainly an engineering firm who has trade secrets of a manufactures engine designs or the development which they plan on implementing for the company they have been hired by isn't going to nonchalantly offer this privy information that is under strict NDA and NCC agreements to some jack-off calling or emailing to settle a forum debate.
So you have no sources then? Okay good talk

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So using your poor logic the mkiv supra from 27 years ago doesnt perform better than the mkv does now using technology light years in advancement it is a bad platform? Do you realize how far your head is up your own ass? We'll just ignore how technology works and pretend time is irrelevant so your argument makes sense.
Your claim of being tired of the bias towards the mkv yet your own bias wont let your brain absorb reality.

Cheers,
Fuck yourself! I'm not the one here comparing a 27 year old motor to a new one and claiming that it's still superior to a motor that has 27 years of tech and development. You people here seriously amuse me.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No I simply see many copy and pastes of the same sentence, there is no story that supports it.

So you have no sources then? Okay good talk
I see no story that proves otherwise where is your proof that the 2JZ-GTE was solely built by Toyota? It's well documented that Toyota has been using Yamaha since 1965 for their motors and co-development with other auto manufactures for years. There is a historical trail of evidence that supports this. Why on only one motor is there such denialism on? I know it hurts to find out your iconic movie car isn't what you thought. Tough huh? LOL

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Cheers,
I posted real data that can be substantiated and verified and this is your attempt at a rebuttal? Present your argument by providing something other than a personal opinion. What a waste of forum thread Christ.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I see no story that proves otherwise where is your proof that the 2JZ-GTE was solely built by Toyota? It's well documented that Toyota has been using Yamaha since 1965 for their motors and co-development with other auto manufactures for years. There is a historical trail of evidence that supports this. Why on only one motor is there such denialism on? I know it hurts to find out your iconic movie car isn't what you thought. Tough huh? LOL
Because Toyota isn't going to produce something that says they made themselves. Did they produce a document saying they designed the exterior or interior, or a document saying they engineered the chassis and suspension? No because they aren't Marc Jacobs.

We aren't talking about Yamaha, we are talking solely about Johann krause GmbH. Strawman.

You're talking to the wrong person if you think I blindly support "my iconic movie car"

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Fuck yourself! I'm not the one here comparing a 27 year old motor to a new one and claiming that it's still superior to a motor that has 27 years of tech and development. You people here seriously amuse me.
You're the one comparing the 27 year old motor, does your mud brain not comprehend what you even type? Thanks for the personal attack tho.
Sponsored