Anyone try Hawk HPS 5.0 pads?

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Need something for triple duty - street, air cross, and HPDE. Curious if these pads are much of an upgrade of stock pads
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I used to run them on many prior BMWā€™s. Low dust but sometimes noisy.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Literally I'd love anything better than the dust storm with mediocre stopping of the oem pads

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
great, think Iā€™ll give ā€˜em a go. Was looking at CSG CP pads, but theyā€™re more than double the price of Hawk HPS
They are also a lot more pad. last longer and stop better.

Depends on your usage.
Hawk will be great around town and spirited driving. If serious about road track than CSG- end of debate.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Depends on your usage.
Hawk will be great around town and spirited driving. If serious about road track than CSG- end of debate.
Is there any more brake squeal than stock with the hawk pads? I think mine are doing it a ton lately because of the cold + residue build up and I havenā€™t washed the areas at all.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Is there any more brake squeal than stock with the hawk pads? I think mine are doing it a ton lately because of the cold + residue build up and I havenā€™t washed the areas at all.
yes. the more aggressive a pad is the more it talks back

OP
OP

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE

Depends on your usage.
Makes sense. Iā€™ve only done 3 track days (mid-Ohio) and I thought the stock pads felt pretty good from my novice point of viewā€¦ so the hawk HPS should be a good small bump up.

OP
OP

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I donā€™t have first hand experience, but most of what Iā€™ve read says the increase in squeal with the Hawk HPS is minimal over stock. The Hawk HP+, which is the entry level dedicated track pad from Hawk, gets a lot of complaints on squeal

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Anyone ever try anything from Dynamic Friction Company? Not to hijack thread, just thought I'd ask as long as we're talking brake pads.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I don't have these, so I don't have firsthand experience with it.

I considered these pads when looking for pads that more or less see street work with 1-2 track days a year.

The reviews across multiple forums (WRX, Porsche, bimmerpost, etc.) was very mixed. Some love it, but others say it's not a track pad at all and fades within 5 laps (course-dependent of course). Coming from so many sources, I would maybe spend a bit more and get some pads that come with more universally good reviews.

I got fronts and rear Endless MX72s from topendmotorsports for around $600 which will be going on next week. Less than CSGs but more than Hawks.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
The Hawk HP+, which is the entry level dedicated track pad from Hawk, gets a lot of complaints on squeal
Can confirm the HP+ pads are unbearably noisy on the street. Like ā€œlooks like you canā€™t afford new brakesā€ noisy.

I have yet to see a pad that can handle street + ā€œtrackā€ (not autocross) duty and not make all the race car noises that come with the track on the street.

OP
OP

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Can confirm the HP+ pads are unbearably noisy on the street. Like ā€œlooks like you canā€™t afford new brakesā€ noisy.

I have yet to see a pad that can handle street + ā€œtrackā€ (not autocross) duty and not make all the race car noises that come with the track on the street.
Iā€™m glad you said this because I keep having an inner debate that maybe I should just get the HP+ Instead of the HPS 5.0, and maybe they wonā€™t be too annoying on the street.

you have the HP+ on the Supra? How do you like the performance?
Sponsored