Anyone upgrade their shifter bushings?

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Coming from other manual transmission cars, and never driven a BMW in my life aside from maybe a handful of times, I find the stock 6MT shifter to be very insulated and rubbery while being very very low on the notchy side compared to what I am used to.

I've looked for shifter bushings but I can't seem to find anything aftermarket for the A91 6MT yet, though I know this transmission is used in other cars. Has anyone tried using upgraded shifter bushings from another car? I'm hoping upgraded bushings from another car like a 3 series, etc would fit, hoping someone here can confirm. TIA!
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Welcome to bmw MT. That feeling is common on lots of BMWs.

OP
OP

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Welcome to bmw MT. That feeling is common on lots of BMWs.
Yeah, that's what I've heard, and people I know that drive BMW's have echoed the same thing. I'm hoping there's a way to change that, though. Being that its a mechanical design, there has to be a way to eliminate that rubbery feeling, and I'm hoping its through bushings which are from other cars that are compatible.

Natedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche
I wonder what toyota did to it vs BMW. if I had to guess they just changed the rear shift bushing. But there's other ways you could stiffen it up more.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I suspected that would be the case after driving a friend's M4 (or was it an M3?). The shifter felt like it was out of an old VW Rabbit.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I shit you not some days my car is noticeably more notchy then others... like especially after sitting for a little, the 2-3 totally changes... and then sometimes it feels like normal. maybe I am just going crazy

dreadforge

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro MT
I shit you not some days my car is noticeably more notchy then others... like especially after sitting for a little, the 2-3 totally changes... and then sometimes it feels like normal. maybe I am just going crazy
You are in Florida, maybe it's tighter when it's cooler out :D Or fluid temp/viscosity through the CDV?
Sponsored