Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Is this in the Supra premium? I know when I connect my phone on my 21 Tacoma (with the usb cable) I have Apple car play, but on the Supra, no Apple car play???
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Is this in the Supra premium? I know when I connect my phone on my 21 Tacoma (with the usb cable) I have Apple car play, but on the Supra, no Apple car play???
You should have it. Connecting it is a bit of an effort. See if this helps:

vrwm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MKV
The Supra uses Bluetooth/WiFi for CarPlay and is completely wireless. Just connect your phone through Bluetooth. You wonā€™t need to hook up through usb. The first time connecting make sure you follow the prompts on the IPhone as it might ask you to trust/connect the car.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Thanks, but Iā€™ve already established connectivity to my Tacoma, can u use CarPlay for two vehicles?

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
It works the same way as Bluetoothing up to separate vehicles. It can only connect to one at a time but you should be able to pair with as many vehicles as you want

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Thanks, but Iā€™ve already established connectivity to my Tacoma, can u use CarPlay for two vehicles?
You can if your iPhone works.. my iPhone's CarPlay no longer works with my Supra since iOS14.x.x. I tried everything. CarPlay no longer shows up on the Supra's screen as if it wasn't there from the start.

It worked perfectly last year before I hibernated the car and iPhone was still iOS13.x

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You can if your iPhone works.. my iPhone's CarPlay no longer works with my Supra since iOS14.x.x. I tried everything. CarPlay no longer shows up on the Supra's screen as if it wasn't there from the start.

It worked perfectly last year before I hibernated the car and iPhone was still iOS13.x
Which iPhone?
Did you give all sorts of permissions?

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC

What version of 14? I hate that I have to update my phone to retain access for work.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the SE2020 on 14.4.2

And yes, the permissions are all ON including CarPlay as allowed apps. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.. well, don't tell me to go buy another iPhone cause it was working last year..

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
did you try turning it on and off ?
Hmm, I've a rather old iphone 6S on 14.4.2 and it still works on Supra..

Below may or may not be related, but always good to ensure:
Under Settings > General < CarPlay, do you see your car?
Siri on?
Bluetooth on? (CarPlay requires both BT and wireless)
Under Bluetooth, find your car BT > Check if CarPlay is toggled..
Screen mirror off?
Toyota Supra Connect installed and location, etc. access given.
Waze/Maps/etc. access...

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
I have the SE2020 on 14.4.2

And yes, the permissions are all ON including CarPlay as allowed apps. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.. well, don't tell me to go buy another iPhone cause it was working last year..
Try forgetting the phone connection in the car settings and re do it. I had to do that to get mine to work again. I noticed that if my phone is connected to a wifi connection and I jump into the car with it connected it trips out the carplay -YMMV

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Try forgetting the phone connection in the car settings and re do it. I had to do that to get mine to work again. I noticed that if my phone is connected to a wifi connection and I jump into the car with it connected it trips out the carplay -YMMV
Thanks, I did that too. I even used airplane mode with BT only activated after 'forget phone' 'forget car' and still no CarPlay on or off with WiFi.

And yeah, I did do a hard reset a few times on my iPhone and let the car completely shut down a few times.. still not working. And no, Supra shows up in BT pairing (connected) but not in the CarPlay under General settings on the iPhone. Yes, Siri is on, tried it on and off. Does not work.

Something is up with 14.4.2

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
How come on my 21 Tacoma CarPlay only works on usb cable not on WiFi and CarPlay on Supra only works on Bluetooth?!
( if u can get it to work, which, so far, no matter what I do, doesnā€™t work!)

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
How come on my 21 Tacoma CarPlay only works on usb cable not on WiFi and CarPlay on Supra only works on Bluetooth?!
( if u can get it to work, which, so far, no matter what I do, doesnā€™t work!)
Bc the Tacoma isnā€™t wireless car play
Sponsored