Apple CarPlay … difficult to find on occasion

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Is there an easy step or setting to activate Apple CarPlay upon start up? My Bluetooth on my phone is always enabled.

Sometimes it automatically pops up and other times it’s a challenge to find the screen for my Waze access, etc via Apple CarPlay.

Any easy repeatable methods would be appreciated for ease of the application.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Found this… never tried this.

IMG_9935.jpeg

IMG_9934.jpeg

Samsamsam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra
I have same issue ... usually what I find out is if you unlock your phone ( phone screen is on) it seems to connect almost every time so my solution is as soon I start vehicle I unlock my phone

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I have same issue ... usually what I find out is if you unlock your phone ( phone screen is on) it seems to connect almost every time so my solution is as soon I start vehicle I unlock my phone
I'm not sure as I am still waiting for my Supra, but I'm pretty sure there is a setting somewhere in iOS to allow (or disallow) CarPlay while the phone is locked.

Maybe this is the issue?

5Rocket_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I got stuck on Bluetooth last week.
I fixed it by going to media and manually changing the connection from my phone's Bluetooth to Carplay.

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 3.0
Is there an easy step or setting to activate Apple CarPlay upon start up? My Bluetooth on my phone is always enabled.

Sometimes it automatically pops up and other times it’s a challenge to find the screen for my Waze access, etc via Apple CarPlay.

Any easy repeatable methods would be appreciated for ease of the application.

Not sure if this will help if you’re having Apple CarPlay connection difficulty, but I always use the Map button near the iDrive rotary dial thing. That brings me into Google Maps in Apple CarPlay. And then I can go to Spotify and things like that

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Do you have WiFi enabled on your iPhone before you start the car? Without it CarPlay won’t work, and enabling WiFi after you start the car won’t work either. That is in addition to having Bluetooth turned on. I’ve never had CarPlay issues as long as I remember to do that.

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for all of the input … I will try these suggestions and see if I have better success.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I have this issue on occasion. Only thing I've found that helps when the infotainment can't switch over to carplay is to turn off the car, leave...so the whole system turns off, and come back to start it again.

Alternatively, sometimes after a bit of driving the car will connect with the phone automatically

---I have also noticed that, on occasion, if I go into my car with headphones connected to my phone, the car will not connect to carplay

Hope this helps

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
In other words…. No one really knows, click random buttons until you get it. 😂😂

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Bluetooth apple carplay never works perfectly everytime no matter what venhicle or device you use it in. Thats why most manufacturers stick only to wired car play mostly and make wireless carplay look only like a high trim level thing even though it seems easy cuase all cars now are capable of bluetooth. you only get flawless carplay every time thru wired carplay which is lame but it is what it is.

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Bluetooth apple carplay never works perfectly everytime no matter what venhicle or device you use it in. Thats why most manufacturers stick only to wired car play mostly and make wireless carplay look only like a high trim level thing even though it seems easy cuase all cars now are capable of bluetooth. you only get flawless carplay every time thru wired carplay which is lame but it is what it is.
Again, in other words; No one knows, click randomly until you get it. 😂

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
I've found this works. Make sure 1. Wifi turned on, and 2. Bluetooth turned on, and 3. Supra Connect is NOT turned on.

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've found this works. Make sure 1. Wifi turned on, and 2. Bluetooth turned on, and 3. Supra Connect is NOT turned on.
~ I’ve had mine say Wi-Fi isn’t connected even though I have it turned on within my iPhone settings and accepted the Wi-Fi phone prompt to turn it on when starting my car.

Strange. Perhaps I’m missing something? And I’m fairly tech savvy.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk