Sponsored

Are my timing corrections within limits?

Geo670

New Member
First Name
Geo
Joined
Sep 9, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Car(s)
2026 Toyota GR Supra
Hello fellas,

I need some help verifying my logs, I did a street tune recently for Flex Fuel. I looked at my logs last night and noticed some timing corrections. What is the max value for timing corrections? On my WOT pull from 3rd to 4th gear on E40 blend, I noticed that Cylinder 3 had a timing correction from -6.8 after I shifted to 4th gear and as RPM's went up, timing correction slowly went down to like -3.4. And then on my log for 91 octane, at the start of the WOT pull from 3k rpm, Cylinders 1 and 6 had a timing correction of -5.7 and as RPM's increased, went down to -1.2. I asked my tuner and he said he just suspects "noise" affecting the knock sensors like rattling in the engine bay, bumps on the road, etc. He also suspected that the fuel from Shell was not good quality. My tuner is pretty well known, but at the same time, I'd like to still verify with a 3rd party for assurance. Based on his responses, I feel like he is getting irritated with all my questions and responds very vaguely as well.

E40 Log
https://datazap.me/u/statixx670/log...-3-8-9-10-11-17-36-37-38-39-40-41&axes=shared

91 OCT Log
https://datazap.me/u/statixx670/log...sc=3-9-10-11-17-36-37-38-39-40-41&axes=shared
Sponsored

 

Traxion

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
495
Reaction score
820
Location
Southeast, USA
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about tuning but I have picked up a little bit as I've been tuned and my tuner is kind enough to teach me a little bit. It does seem like you have valid concern about the logs.

I have zero timing correction for my final revisions on my stock turbo 93 logs, stock turbo e30 logs, and Pure 650 e30 logs. If fueling tables are set up right, STFT should try to stay close to 0 as well and yours seems out of scope.

My Pure 650 e30 logs below. Notice the smooth addition of timing throughout the pull and no timing correction. Also fuel trims staying close to 0 so it's barely needing to adjust how much fuel to get the right AFR.

https://datazap.me/u/traxion/logs/c...-23-24-25-26-27-34-35-36-37-38-39&axes=shared
 
OP
OP
Geo670

Geo670

New Member
First Name
Geo
Joined
Sep 9, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Car(s)
2026 Toyota GR Supra
I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about tuning but I have picked up a little bit as I've been tuned and my tuner is kind enough to teach me a little bit. It does seem like you have valid concern about the logs.

I have zero timing correction for my final revisions on my stock turbo 93 logs, stock turbo e30 logs, and Pure 650 e30 logs. If fueling tables are set up right, STFT should try to stay close to 0 as well and yours seems out of scope.

My Pure 650 e30 logs below. Notice the smooth addition of timing throughout the pull and no timing correction. Also fuel trims staying close to 0 so it's barely needing to adjust how much fuel to get the right AFR.

https://datazap.me/u/traxion/logs/c...-23-24-25-26-27-34-35-36-37-38-39&axes=shared
Wow, I looked at your log and it is smooth! Thank you for the response! Looks like I am going to have to move on to a new tuner. I even noticed that the data for my boost seems so erratic.
 

Evolution

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sean
Joined
Mar 10, 2021
Threads
18
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
3,717
Location
CA
Car(s)
21 Supra
You should have 0 timing corrections, period. That is half the point of getting a custom tune. Noise can be an issue but doesn’t seem common with our cars. Pretty easy issue to figure out as a tuner, unless he doesn’t know what he is doing.
 
OP
OP
Geo670

Geo670

New Member
First Name
Geo
Joined
Sep 9, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Car(s)
2026 Toyota GR Supra
You should have 0 timing corrections, period. That is half the point of getting a custom tune. Noise can be an issue but doesn’t seem common with our cars. Pretty easy issue to figure out as a tuner, unless he doesn’t know what he is doing.
That’s what I was wondering, not only that, it’s only usually on 1 cylinder at a time if not, 2. Would you happen to have a tuner to suggest by chance?
Sponsored

 
 








Top