apexracer

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
Hi Everyone,

Thought i would contribute to this forum by posting review of my recent experience with the Ark Performance DT-S Exhaust

Link: https://arkperformance.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=489

Current Set Up: Stock Tune/No aftermarket downpipe
Background: I have the Max orido kit installed so i needed something that would fit; thankfully the Ark Performance exhaust fit. I watched a lot of videos online and knew i wanted something that didn't have drone noise while driving as this was my daily. In addition, i didn't want any raspy tin can style noise when revving, i needed something 'deep' -> Which led to this exhaust with the burnt titanium tip option.

Install Duration: 3 hours
Tips/Things to look out for: The installation was like any other exhaust install, only thing to keep in mind is that they provide washers for mid areas due to the tight fit. For those who never seen the mid pipes for our stock exhaust will later find that they are a "squashed" in (simplest way for me to put it). The Ark performance exhaust pipes are perfect diameter pipes so the washers are meant to keep it from the chassis to prevent major vibration. Even with the washers you can still put the exhaust on just fine without touching - but best to put it on.

Lastly, for the valve, please remember that our cars need to be warmed up before the valves open up etc. When we first installed, we were wondering when sport mode wasn't activating it etc - so drove it a bit.

Daily Driving Impressions: During cold start, it's deep and ZERO raspy annoying noises. When warm start, there's the pops, like a GUN SHOT.

When having a conversation on regular mode; it is perfectly subtle and no drone noises. In sport mode, that's where it comes alive, the POPS are loud and intense - NOT fart can pops; it's aggressive and deep. If i need to compare this exhaust to any other exhaust in the market, it would be to HKS Exhaust but louder.

Sound Clip: The winter is crappy in Canada right now; i will post some and edit this post when i can.

Hope this brief review helps those who is on the fence about this exhaust.

12afd0a6-54d7-41ea-ae01-a3dc79640bfc.JPG

34f7b8e5-d5d5-45f7-8b67-8b673a4b3aa2.JPG

bde3a242-cf27-4665-b6c6-7fe570147ab6.JPG

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

Inked29c4dad4-ff96-4c5b-8f2b-26c1b0bd44bd_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_8594_LI.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
My wife has an Ark Performance exhaust on her RCF...sounds amazing on cold start ( maybe not for my neighbors though...lol)

Yes I know completely different sounds v8 vs i6..just sayin probably can't go wrong with Ark exhaust systems...

Steve

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I had an ARK full catback system when I had a V6 Genesis Coupe and it was amazing, no droning, moderate around town and amazing when you got on it. Also when you hit a downshift right it had some amazing pops off throttle. If I ever pick one to put on my supra it would probably be theirs.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Hi Everyone,

Thought i would contribute to this forum by posting review of my recent experience with the Ark Performance DT-S Exhaust

Background: I have the Max orido kit installed so i needed something that would fit; thankfully the Ark Performance exhaust fit. I watched a lot of videos online and knew i wanted something that didn't have drone noise while driving as this was my daily. In addition, i didn't want any raspy tin can style noise when revving, i needed something 'deep' -> Which led to this exhaust with the burnt titanium tip option.

Tips/Things to look out for: The installation was like any other exhaust install, only thing to keep in mind is that they provide washers for mid areas due to the tight fit. For those who never seen the mid pipes for our stock exhaust will later find that they are a "squashed" in (simplest way for me to put it). The Ark performance exhaust pipes are perfect diameter pipes so the washers are meant to keep it from the chassis to prevent major vibration. Even with the washers you can still put the exhaust on just fine without touching - but best to put it on.

Lastly, for the valve, please remember that our cars need to be warmed up before the valves open up etc. When we first installed, we were wondering when sport mode wasn't activating it etc - so drove it a bit.

Daily Driving Impressions: During cold start, it's deep and ZERO raspy annoying noises. When warm start, there's the pops, like a GUN SHOT.

When having a conversation on regular mode; it is perfectly subtle and no drone noises. In sport mode, that's where it comes alive, the POPS are loud and intense - NOT fart can pops; it's aggressive and deep. If i need to compare this exhaust to any other exhaust in the market, it would be to HKS Exhaust but louder.

Sound Clip: The winter is crappy in Canada right now; i will post some and edit this post when i can.

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

InkedIMG_8594_LI.jpg
Do you have pictures of where you used the washers? I have some slight vibration at random times and this sounds like a good idea to fix that

OP
OP
apexracer

apexracer

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
The washers should have came with your shipment - you should contact Ark directly. In my package, they included an actual picture of where you would put the washers etc

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
My wife has an Ark Performance exhaust on her RCF...sounds amazing on cold start ( maybe not for my neighbors though...lol)

Yes I know completely different sounds v8 vs i6..just sayin probably can't go wrong with Ark exhaust systems...

Steve
ur wifes badass. time for some PPE headers. and to sell me those stock cats!

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
ur wifes badass. time for some PPE headers. and to sell me those stock cats!

That's funny..we've actually been looking into headers but she thinks it'll be to loud..
With just the Ark exhaust it's pretty loud and with the car being her daily she's trying to keep it a little bit civilized..Haha..

BUT..if we do decide to go that route you'll definitely be the first person I reach out to, I'm not to proud to take your money Phillip...lol

Steve

Eman

First Name
Immanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon to be supra
Did you have any issues with the left (drivers side) being a little lower than the right side? Canā€™t seem to adjust it very much to make them even.

DvC

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you have any issues with the left (drivers side) being a little lower than the right side? Canā€™t seem to adjust it very much to make them even.
Yes! We could not get it to fit correctly no matter what we did. Eventually got to "good enough" by using washers under the passenger side muffler mount to bring it close to even with the drivers side

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Almost 90% positive it's lighter than stock, only have the weight of the products boxed up.

They have a sale that ends today if you want to lock in any deals.

-Josh

Wumb0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT
Hi Everyone,

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

InkedIMG_8594_LI.jpg
Were you ever able to record a sound clip? I'm trying to choose between the ark and hks

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Hi Everyone,

In normal mode, how much louder over stock is it?

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
Were you ever able to record a sound clip? I'm trying to choose between the ark and hks
donā€™t buy this exhaust. Itā€™s a power DOWNGRADE. The exhaust piping is smaller than stock, and you 100% donā€™t want that ever
Sponsored