Auto Trunk Support Lifts

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
1 3/4 - 2 1/4 is the best length for the helper spring but the strength / compression is the spring is key factor.
The regular spring I bought had the near exact specs as the spring you bought. I’m guessing my strut is different length than yours because even with the trunk near closed, the strut isn’t even close to compressing the spring. In the video, you can see how much length I needed just to get a good compression.

I’m returning the struts for the some similar to BadOne’s. It’s going to be 17” instead of 18”. The ones I previously used were from Amazon.. :fear:

With the shorter length and stronger weight support, I’m assuming the blue die spring should work better alone. Seems 100lbs is strong but not enough to push open alone without a very compressed spring. I’ll play around with the spring setup again once the new struts come in.

Just want the jiggle to stop when fully extended.
Sponsored

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Perfect solution now imo. I went with the shorter springs (one on each side) in the 1 3/4” length. Specs are listed in the image. Super elated with the end result.

79F70FF5-15F3-4808-B45D-BD8E9E013342.jpeg

7235CEF0-B111-4187-8482-0A883F19F7CF.jpeg

Hey man, do you mind posting links to all that you purchased to make this work?

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Just wanted to add:

I just installed these:

https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/1...th-10mm-ez-release-ball-sockets-pm3667ez10-w/

They work great with the Streethunter Wing.
Doesn't auto-lift from the button push, but once you lift it past a certain point it does.

No weird shaking around at the fully open position either.
It perfectly slows down toward full open.

The quick-release bits made doing the install really easy.

Thanks for chiming in with your experience! Your linked struts are 150lb, one of the highest I've seen in the thread, but they seem to be well dampened so they aren't just launching that force into the car, do you feel like they are indeed super strong? Are you going to try with some springs to get over the initial lifting?

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Thanks for chiming in with your experience! Your linked struts are 150lb, one of the highest I've seen in the thread, but they seem to be well dampened so they aren't just launching that force into the car, do you feel like they are indeed super strong? Are you going to try with some springs to get over the initial lifting?
The trunk definitely requires a noticeable amount of extra force to close (to be expected, there is more force lifting the trunk).
I wouldn't use one hand on the plastic pull down spot, but it's still very closable with 1 hand, and you can use 2 hands if you want to use the plastic pull down part.

I'm definitely waiting to see how the springs go here before trying them out.

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Update for y’all. Here are specs of my final solution. The shaking at the end isn't as rough as the video shows. It will pretty much go away once the struts and springs settle in. Specs below:

Struts:
  • Extended Length A [in]: 17.00
  • Stroke C [in]: 6.80
  • Compressed Length B [in]: 10.25
  • Force (Lbs): 120
  • Force Newtons: 534
  • Shaft Connection: Quick Release (Nylon) =10mm=3/8"=.39"
  • Body Connection: Quick Release (Nylon) =10mm=3/8"=.39"
  • Rod Diameter (MM): 8
  • Cylinder Diameter (MM): 18

Spring (Qty. 2):
1657404828679.png

Spring (Qty. 4):
  • Length 50mm
  • Inner Diameter 8mm
  • Outer Diameter 16mm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_5557.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Update for y’all. Here are specs of my final solution. The shaking at the end isn't as rough as the video shows. It will pretty much go away once the struts and springs settle in. Specs below:

Struts:

Spring (Qty. 2):
1657404828679.png

Spring (Qty. 4):
  • Length 50mm
  • Inner Diameter 8mm
  • Outer Diameter 16mm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_5557.JPG

Struts and Springs are same link.

dhcooper

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0
fixed the link. It’s just optional spring in lieu of the main one.
I clicked on the link for the main springs and it took me to the struts page. You satisfied with how it turned out? The springs don't make it too forceful when opened? I think I will try it out.

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sorry guys, don’t know what happened. Fixed the links in the original post. Don’t click the ones in the quotes. :)

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I clicked on the link for the main springs and it took me to the struts page. You satisfied with how it turned out? The springs don't make it too forceful when opened? I think I will try it out.
When you initially install, like my video, it seems a bit forceful/jerky. It’s because the strut and spring are new and haven’t settled. (The trunk has a long range of motion, which allows for additional vertical movement, so the jiggling/vibrating you see in the video isn’t really harming anything.)

After some time, it won’t be like that anymore. I opened the trunk earlier at dinner to show a friend and it opened just fine.

My earlier experiment with different springs ended up not opening the trunk anymore after settling in. That’s why I opted for a more robust spring (die spring) and a stronger strut.

Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the Lift Depot struts.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White

Struts:

Spring (Qty. 2):
1657404828679.png

Spring (Qty. 4):
  • Length 50mm
  • Inner Diameter 8mm
  • Outer Diameter 16mm

IMG_5557.JPG

Ordered, springs say arriving aug 1st - aug 18th... hopefully thats a bit exaggerated?

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium