Available Widebody Kits for the GR Supra

Wangtastic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Evo V, 73 Mach 1, 97 GTI VR6, 78 Cobra II
Hello Mimosa, thank you for considering our kit, and compiling such a comprehensive and informative list for the A90 community! Ive been lurking on the forums for a while now, and figured I would chime in about the Infamous Aero widebody kit and share a few more pictures/ information about the product.

Our body kit was developed with our in house 3D scanner, and 3D printer. We scanned the entire body of the Mk5, and designed the wide body kit in CAD to ensure it fits perfectly. The prototype plugs were 3D printed, test fitted, bodyworked and then a mold was made from those to produce the final product.

The red car is Unit 00 - The Prototype vehicle

DSC09967-Edit.jpg
supraavatar.jpg

DSC_9541.jpg
DSC_9534.jpg

In this phase, Unit 00 was very much a prototype vehicle. Most of the kit at this point was made of GFRP (fibreglass) from rudimentary molds, however the front fenders were a modge-podge mix of GFRP, bonded to the factory aluminum fenders, with a crap load of bondo haha. The "fender blade" as we call it, was purely 3D printed PLA, with more bondo, all wrapped up in pretty red vinyl. If anybody has first hand experience with 3D printed PLA, they know how... not... ideal the material is in real world application, honestly, I am very surprised they lasted all summer, especially with how the owner uses this car haha. These parts were a proof in concept for us as a company, making sure it was physically possible for us to manufacture and install a widebody kit properly. I do have a fair amount of composites experience from my time on my local univeristy Formula SAE team during my engineering undergrad, but besides that this was completely new to our company, and everyone in it.

This car made its debut with our Infamous Aero indestructible front splitter, and later in the season we also developed our "Ghost Tail" rear spoiler. Again, in these pictures the prototype part was made from 3D printed PLA, Bondo, and hopes and dreams. We are actually just finalizing the tooling to make the production versions now.

The black car is Unit 01 - The First Production Type Vehicle

PXL_20220521_043806217.jpg
PXL_20220521_043639643.jpg
PXL_20220521_043733058.jpg
PXL_20220521_043044032.jpg
PXL_20220521_043159029.jpg
PXL_20220521_044004715.jpg

Over the winter, we did some final bodywork to Unit 00's widebody kit, and remade all of the tooling (molds) from it to create the production version of the kit. I painted and installed Unit 01's kit in house so don't judge the paint job too bad, I am not a painter, and have have no professional bodywork experience/training haha. In the production version of the kit the entire front fender is GFRP, reinforced with carbon to ensure longevity due to the extra loads experience/caused by the fender blade. The fender blade itself is also made from carbon reinforced GFRP.

In order to cater to the tastes of different owners, we always intended to have the option of cutting the rear reliefs of our quarter panels for a more aggressive style. We did so with Unit 01. Unit 01 made its debut with a Street Hunter wing, our Infamous Aero rear diffuser, and a custom mini livery, i believe these two cars really showcase how our kits can be personalized to be either "clean" or aggressive depending on the supporting mods. Also shown in the pictures are our INFMS display license plates. These come with every kit and are made from pure carbon fiber, embossed with reflective lettering and are serialized with the production unit and date of the wide body kit. We figured we'd go the extra mile with our "Certificate of Authenticity" ;)

I will be making another post addressing some comments/concerns I've seen in this thread, but please feel free to comment/ DM me for any other questions. I would love to help in any way I can!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wangtastic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right now I'm leaning towards the Infamous kit... it's the only one that looks like I could use my existing Seibon parts with minor modifications.

I may also have to revert back to regular door garnishes as well.
We have a client (Unit 00, but with a makeover) who has our kit installed on the same Seibon Carbon hood as you. The Seibon hood is just ever so slightly different in profile than the OEM hood. Our upper wheel arch (that attached to the hood) did not need any trimming or major reforming, just a few minor gaps adjusted, mainly between the wheel arch to front bumper piece.
I also agree with your body shop that the kit should be able to be adjusted to fit your current pieces, the door garnishes will be a bit of a challenge, but possible.

290032938_362576582628164_1788380097390755230_n.png

290044819_1171633003570560_541115179597253458_n.png

Infamous seems like is a solid choice but, I wouldn't go bolt-on as this car has some great hips that don't need any additional breakups. Also not to sure on how well that floating fender trim behind the front tires would last.
Thank you for the kind words, and concerns! I know this is a bit of a biased opinion as this is my company, but I have no concerns over the longevity of this part of our kit. We have been thorough in our testing of this design over the last two years of developing this kit. The entire mounting area, and front fender panel is reinforced with two layers of carbon fiber along the load path of the fender blade to add rigidity and strength. I also do hope that my prior composites design and manufacturing experience in motorsports does inspire confidence in our products as well. In my 4 years of leading the chassis and composites team on my local Formula SAE team I have learned more than I ever could have in my degree haha.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
We have a client (Unit 00, but with a makeover) who has our kit installed on the same Seibon Carbon hood as you. The Seibon hood is just ever so slightly different in profile than the OEM hood. Our upper wheel arch (that attached to the hood) did not need any trimming or major reforming, just a few minor gaps adjusted, mainly between the wheel arch to front bumper piece.
I also agree with your body shop that the kit should be able to be adjusted to fit your current pieces, the door garnishes will be a bit of a challenge, but possible.

Thank you for the kind words, and concerns! I know this is a bit of a biased opinion as this is my company, but I have no concerns over the longevity of this part of our kit. We have been thorough in our testing of this design over the last two years of developing this kit. The entire mounting area, and front fender panel is reinforced with two layers of carbon fiber along the load path of the fender blade to add rigidity and strength. I also do hope that my prior composites design and manufacturing experience in motorsports does inspire confidence in our products as well. In my 4 years of leading the chassis and composites team on my local Formula SAE team I have learned more than I ever could have in my degree haha.
I've narrowed it down to this kit and the Tom's kit.

Now that I've hit 800+hp I figured I'd throw some extra weight on the car to slow my ass down. It's good to see that the kit looks like it supports Seibon MB lip, skirt, and diffuser easily with little to no modification. It also seems to work just fine with the Seibon hood as well. My only concerning thing is that I don't have the stock door garnishes and I would absolutely hate to go back to the OEM ones with the fake vents. My installer said he'd have to have the parts in hand to get a definitive answer.

Another thing that seems like a headache is figuring out wheel/tire specs for flush/non-tucked look. I feel like the only way to get it truly right is to install the kit and use spacers to dial in fitment. I feel like I can run 20's on this car and increase the tire ratio to fill out the gap easily and maintain a streetable ride height with out relying on bags.

If you have any input I would appreciate it. I know we've touched base on this before, but it's been a while and I'm sure you've got more info. I also know the price has increased. If you can send me a quote I'd appreciate it. Just message me on here or IG.

Wangtastic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've narrowed it down to this kit and the Tom's kit.

Now that I've hit 800+hp I figured I'd throw some extra weight on the car to slow my ass down. It's good to see that the kit looks like it supports Seibon MB lip, skirt, and diffuser easily with little to no modification. It also seems to work just fine with the Seibon hood as well. My only concerning thing is that I don't have the stock door garnishes and I would absolutely hate to go back to the OEM ones with the fake vents. My installer said he'd have to have the parts in hand to get a definitive answer.

Another thing that seems like a headache is figuring out wheel/tire specs for flush/non-tucked look. I feel like the only way to get it truly right is to install the kit and use spacers to dial in fitment. I feel like I can run 20's on this car and increase the tire ratio to fill out the gap easily and maintain a streetable ride height with out relying on bags.

If you have any input I would appreciate it. I know we've touched base on this before, but it's been a while and I'm sure you've got more info. I also know the price has increased. If you can send me a quote I'd appreciate it. Just message me on here or IG.
Yes, we raised the price slightly after our initial run of "Launch Edition" kits to keep our margins reasonable. After manufacturing the real thing it turned out to be alot more challenging (and expensive) to produce some of the parts, and ensure longevity (mostly the front fender, and fender blade). I would have to agree with your plan for the wheel fitment to get it absolutely perfect, we do know exactly how much wider our kit is than the stock arches, but our wheel arch is slighter larger in diameter so that would affect wheel fitment slightly. Unfortunately, the owner of Unit 00 paid a local shop to measure out and spec the wheels for his vehicle, and LD97, who manufactured the wheels are gatekeeping the specs🤡 so we cant even use them for reference to calculate a true flush fitment.
I am also unsure if the slightly sunken fitment, especially in the rear of Unit 00 was on purpose, or a measuring/manufacturing error from either party.

As for the door garnishes, ive never seen the ones youre running in person, let alone mocked up our kit on them so I cannot say for certain, but judging from pictures I truly believe they can be made to integrate with each other, and I have an idea on how to achieve this. I can send you my rough gameplan and we can discuss it further if you do end up with our kit.

I will send you a PM to get some contact info form you, and also give you mine!

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Thanks @XtremeMaC.

Added entries for kits from Zacoe, Fortune, and Alexander/trd3000gt_r in the original post.

Higher def versions of the layout for that new kit.
1663000301724.png

1663000370940.png

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks @XtremeMaC.

Added entries for kits from Zacoe, Fortune, and Alexander/trd3000gt_r in the original post.

Higher def versions of the layout for that new kit.
1663000301724.png

1663000370940.png
I really like this. It's very subtle. Has the feel of a factory spec.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I wonder if there are any... tests ran on these kits with solid centers. They are straight up blocking airflow to the transmission oil cooler, heat exchanger, and radiator.

Updated with Hyperion and Alerion kits by Robot Craftsman

Robot Craftsman Hyperion Kit [$4,830 - $13,540 depending on options]
1664898755965.png

Robot Craftsman Alerion Kit [$4,830 - $13,540 depending on options]
1664898917548.png

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
So come to find out that the SEMA 3000GT kit might be procured through the right channels at Toyota. I believe it was commissioned by Toyota and made by Tom's. Not 100% sure on this. It's a possible thing that could be made public like the original Supra 3000GT kit and purchasable directly through them. Was also told it could possibly be for a swansong release for this gen's Supra wit some possible changes here and there.

Not adding this to the list since it's basically unobtanium.
1665505096632.png

The Hyperboost kit is another widebody that was commissioned by Toyota as well, but they don't have full rights to it for reasons I cannot disclose. It was rushed to SEMA before the rear diffuser could be complete. Here's a pic of what it looks like completed from the rear.

1665505849563.png

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I wonder if there are any... tests ran on these kits with solid centers. They are straight up blocking airflow to the transmission oil cooler, heat exchanger, and radiator.

Updated with Hyperion and Alerion kits by Robot Craftsman

Robot Craftsman Hyperion Kit [$4,830 - $13,540 depending on options]
1664898755965.png

Robot Craftsman Alerion Kit [$4,830 - $13,540 depending on options]
1664898917548.png

I like the rear wing on these, but it's unfortunately attached to a stupid roof scoop/rear windshield blocking piece for some reason I can't understand.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I like the rear wing on these, but it's unfortunately attached to a stupid roof scoop/rear windshield blocking piece for some reason I can't understand.
Airflow to keep the rear engine uhhhh... window? cool is very important dude. :dunno:

Robot CEU

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86
The kit is still being made so even we won't know what it'll look like once it's installed on a car. It would probably be an optional extra.

Kits won't be produced for a little while yet as they have just moved factory and are still catching up from 2022 orders
Sponsored