• Total voters

rainmanfab

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91-CF
Anyone know how the valve wiring on valved exhaust systems that use two of the OEM style valve actuators (mainly BoostLogic and Fi) works? Does it come with an additional actuator since the stock setup only has one? Is it a plug and play dongle for wiring the second in parallel with the original or do you have to splice wires for the second actuator?

I know Fi offers a remote system similar to what comes on the Valvetronic Designs exhaust, but it uses the OEM actuators rather than the vacuum actuated on the Valvetronic setup. I'd prefer to keep it a little simpler and leave it tied to the sport mode button, which the Fi can do.

I've been searching all over the internet the past couple of days and can't find any of this information.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Anyone know how the valve wiring on valved exhaust systems that use two of the OEM style valve actuators (mainly BoostLogic and Fi) works? Does it come with an additional actuator since the stock setup only has one? Is it a plug and play dongle for wiring the second in parallel with the original or do you have to splice wires for the second actuator?

I know Fi offers a remote system similar to what comes on the Valvetronic Designs exhaust, but it uses the OEM actuators rather than the vacuum actuated on the Valvetronic setup. I'd prefer to keep it a little simpler and leave it tied to the sport mode button, which the Fi can do.

I've been searching all over the internet the past couple of days and can't find any of this information.
They come with a different valve setup, if I remember right, they don't use the OEM valves.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Anybody get their hands on the refreshed HKS?

HKS_Super_Turbo_Exhaust_Gen1_LRG.jpg

63422_3545___20-21_GR_Supra_Super_Turbo_Exhaust_Installed.jpg

Tips look waaaay better even if that muffler section is bloated af lol

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Anybody get their hands on the refreshed HKS?

HKS_Super_Turbo_Exhaust_Gen1_LRG.jpg

63422_3545___20-21_GR_Supra_Super_Turbo_Exhaust_Installed.jpg

Tips look waaaay better even if that muffler section is bloated af lol
It's not a refresh. It's just a separate model bit lounder than stock and quieter than the other one, so it passes inspection and noise requirements in japan.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
AWE track
I've seen that and the Fi exhaust I'd just prefer to keep it valved so I can have an option when I want. If AWE made a valved for track I'd probably head that route. Fi seems to be loud as well and can use stock valves

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I love the Fi system. Zero drone, fantastic sound and it utilizes the factory OEM actuators for the active valves. Sport mode is used just like stock, for more noise and it sounds incredible opened up, or it's nice and quiet when you just want to cruise. Quite a few options out there though, like many have said it ultimately comes down to budget and what options you would like to have.

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
MBRP exhaust

I can attest to the sound of the MBRP. When I first settled for it over the Borla ATAK, I was worried about the outcome (SpeedIndustry had stock issues with the Borla). However, I have gotten so many compliments on the sound of my car--even compared to other MKVs in my area. Granted, most of the other MKVs are stock exhaust with aftermarket DP.

With that being said, I am strongly considering going for the BoostLogic Ti exhaust--along with armaspeed intake.

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I can attest to the sound of the MBRP. When I first settled for it over the Borla ATAK, I was worried about the outcome (SpeedIndustry had stock issues with the Borla). However, I have gotten so many compliments on the sound of my car--even compared to other MKVs in my area. Granted, most of the other MKVs are stock exhaust with aftermarket DP.
Yes, I agree. People love the sound of my Supra with this exhaust. Plus how quiet it is when not in sport mode.

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Yes, I agree. People love the sound of my Supra with this exhaust. Plus how quiet it is when not in sport mode.
Yeah, the valve system on this is effective. I think because of the "two pipe" design. It is well designed, for sure. The car completely transforms when in normal mode.
Sponsored