• Total voters

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
it’s going to drone. I had the rk ti with the AA DP. Sounded amazing but too loud for where I live, cursing at 75 was a pain in comfort mode, and the exhaust was overpowering the sound of my intake. So I settled for a magnaflow. Is it perfect? Nah. Do I miss the Rk? Yeah… but not the drone. I have yet to find the perfect exhaust for me.
Oh no! Cruising at 75 in comfort should only be around 2k rpm which seems like a quiet place to be, does it drone specifically at those revs? Maybe i should go HKS or AWE hmmm
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I voted for and still stand by the AWE, my resonated touring was perfect, in normal mode with it shifting quickly it's not overly loud at all, though I am tuned and don't have cold start on. Too many times I catch myself letting it rev up to 4-5k just to hear it. I do wish it had a valve and could get as quiet as the OEM i have on now in normal mode because i love traveling with it as quiet as possible and sometimes the AWE is louder then i like. not bad but i can hear it when i wish i couldnt hear anything other then the intake.

Now why is the oem on.... I ordered a SP1R and waiting for it. I put on a Seibon MB rear valance and im not cutting the strakes that run under it and the AWE is right in the way. IF the SP1R is way too loud then il finish cutting the strakes, buy a carbon surround that goes around the exit to cover up the cut and put the AWE back on.

I just love the SP1R looks that much. and was told by a local that if you keep it at 2k or more there is no drone. Also plan on having a local fab up a silencer to go in it for trips.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
I’m leaning towards MBRP for my A91-MT. I like the straight pipe with valve open and muffler with it closed setup. I was initially planning on Magnaflo for the same reason but it’s considerably more expensive and I’d likely not take advantage of the other possible configurations.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I voted for and still stand by the AWE, my resonated touring was perfect, in normal mode with it shifting quickly it's not overly loud at all, though I am tuned and don't have cold start on. Too many times I catch myself letting it rev up to 4-5k just to hear it. I do wish it had a valve and could get as quiet as the OEM i have on now in normal mode because i love traveling with it as quiet as possible and sometimes the AWE is louder then i like. not bad but i can hear it when i wish i couldnt hear anything other then the intake.

Now why is the oem on.... I ordered a SP1R and waiting for it. I put on a Seibon MB rear valance and im not cutting the strakes that run under it and the AWE is right in the way. IF the SP1R is way too loud then il finish cutting the strakes, buy a carbon surround that goes around the exit to cover up the cut and put the AWE back on.

I just love the SP1R looks that much. and was told by a local that if you keep it at 2k or more there is no drone. Also plan on having a local fab up a silencer to go in it for trips.
Makes sense, keep me posted once you get SP1R installed :)

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
I have the Valved Boostlogic with Wager catted DP

It is a little loud for me (OEM here is quieter than the USA) maybe I'm getting old :eek:

I have a HKS on the way hopefully will e here in the next month or two

Hopefully it is too quiet 😂

Mind you it is nice to be able to get right up it without everyone with in a two mile radius knowing about it

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 premium - Phantom
Oh no! Cruising at 75 in comfort should only be around 2k rpm which seems like a quiet place to be, does it drone specifically at those revs? Maybe i should go HKS or AWE hmmm
1800-2000 rpm and 2300ish was painful for me. But you may have different tolerance. My friend had the hks and said it’s too quiet. AWE doesn’t have valves

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Other, Borla.

It's not perfect either and has its issues but sound is not one of them.
I havent heard it in person. How does the sound differ from the dual pipe design?

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I’m leaning towards MBRP for my A91-MT. I like the straight pipe with valve open and muffler with it closed setup. I was initially planning on Magnaflo for the same reason but it’s considerably more expensive and I’d likely not take advantage of the other possible configurations.
Leaning towards that as well, not too many sound clips out there though

BottomGear

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT, C43, A4, Jeep TJ
That MBRP doesn't sound too bad. I wish they had a valved option of the AWE, it just sounds perfect.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
For someone who absolutely hates burbles the AWE not having a valve is perfection.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
If you want valves valvetronic designs has a solid system. Personally i hate valves but like deep sound and refined tones so i went AWE resonated touring with a catless DP and love it it’s loud af with a unique tone but in the interior there isn’t drone even catless. If i was someone that really needed a valve tho valvetronic is amazing in quiet it’s really quiet and opened up it’s insanely loud best dual personality exhaust for the A90

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
If you want valves valvetronic designs has a solid system. Personally i hate valves but like deep sound and refined tones so i went AWE resonated touring with a catless DP and love it it’s loud af with a unique tone but in the interior there isn’t drone even catless. If i was someone that really needed a valve tho valvetronic is amazing in quiet it’s really quiet and opened up it’s insanely loud best dual personality exhaust for the A90
The main reason I won’t go with the valvetronic is I don’t want a separate remote for the valves. I like the idea of being able to use the stock valve with the sport button. Otherwise I do like how the valvetronic sounds.

This is my daily driver so being able to quiet it down with a valved system is important to me. Even though most of the time the valves will be open.
Sponsored