• Total voters

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
So basically I need an AWE touring resonated but then have a shop mangle it into a SP1R looking shape
Sponsored

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Same with HKS.
I had one, it didn't stay on the car for very long.
It's a high quality well built exhaust don't get me wrong but #1?
Goes to show how subjective these things are.
What didn't you like about the HKS if you don't mind me asking.

kaiv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46, E39
I havent heard it in person. How does the sound differ from the dual pipe design?
What didn't you like about the HKS if you don't mind me asking.
I wrote this in another thread

I didn't love the HKS personally. Had to run it valve open to get some volume and even then it was just boomy/bassy down low and then it just quieted down the more the revs climbed.

After that I experience I specifically looked for a system that has a muffler on the quiet side and nothing on the valve side like the Borla. Much much happier.
In a nutshell I found the HKS too "deep" down low and too stock sounding up high.

The Borla in comparison is less intrusive down low, has a less obnoxious cold start, yet sings better throughout the rev band. The tone is nicer too.
Opening the valve on the Borla makes a substantial difference whereas on the HKS it just gives you a bit more of the same if that makes sense.

DawnTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
They don't really. Burbles happen on decel.
I see, Im not really a fan of excessive burbles so Im glad they're not too important. Would removing or toning them down via bootmod3 affect anything

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I see, Im not really a fan of excessive burbles so Im glad they're not too important. Would removing or toning them down via bootmod3 affect anything
It would make you a better person.

BlackJack

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Forester XT
Just installed an HKS system along with a AA catted downpipe. I like the tone of this setup but there are some resonant frequencies at certain RPMS that I'm not a fan of. Double checked all my connections and nothing looks or feels out of place/loose.

Thinking about trying out the AWE Resonated Touring exhaust before going back to the stock catback but haven't decided yet.

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
No mention of the Titan Motorsports Ti exhaust?

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Which system would folks pick for an intake/JB (4 or +) car? ETS w/resonators and mufflers or the AWE Touring Resonated system? AWE looks better, neither have valves. Would like somewhat loud and no drone. Stock DP (for now). Thanks!

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
My friend owns a muffler shop and Iā€™m thinking about having him straight pipe it and put a good looking single exit tip on itā€¦not sure if anyone here has done that but Iā€™d be interested in hearing an opinionā€¦

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
My friend owns a muffler shop and Iā€™m thinking about having him straight pipe it and put a good looking single exit tip on itā€¦not sure if anyone here has done that but Iā€™d be interested in hearing an opinionā€¦
You going to do 4 inch pipe?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

You want to straight pipe your Challenger....ER...I mean Supra?
Sponsored