Exhaust sustems

• Total voters

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone wants to hear more sound clips of the HKS exhaust I went though and did a full review on the HKS cat back exhaust. The sound clips at the end of the video. The link to my channel/video is in my signature.
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I'll be ordering this along with their catless downpipe and mail in tune in the coming weeks!
Let us work a package deal for you! Feel free to PM us.

-Josh

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
If anyone wants to hear more sound clips of the HKS exhaust I went though and did a full review on the HKS cat back exhaust. The sound clips at the end of the video. The link to my channel/video is in my signature.
Dude your review was awesome.. Great sound clips too. Based on what you said it sounds like the HKS is about 10db louder than the stock? That sounds about perfect.

For reference to anyone who isnt aware, an increase of 3db is double the volume of what it was previously, however an increase of 10db is double the intensity (sound perceived). Basically 60db is twice as loud as 50db.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Dude your review was awesome.. Great sound clips too. Based on what you said it sounds like the HKS is about 10db louder than the stock? That sounds about perfect.

For reference to anyone who isnt aware, an increase of 3db is double the volume of what it was previously, however an increase of 10db is double the intensity (sound perceived). Basically 60db is twice as loud as 50db.
Thanks. That really means a lot!

The data from HKS says it goes from 88 db to 90 db for sport mode at its loudest and while it is idling is 58db stock to 66 db with the HKS. The idle is absolutely perfect. I honestly didn't rev the stock exhaust to compare because I was still in the break in period when I put the HKS on.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Thats great, i honestly find the stock exhaust too quiet. Those DB levels sound about a tad under my other cars (which is a good thing since this is my daily) but i can always make it loudere with a downpipe.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
The stock exhaust just sounds so nice. I canā€™t imagine why anybody would change it out?!! Lol I get that the burnt tips or etc look cooler tho.
The 21's are quieter than the 20's, non-US ones are quieter again with the Euro ones being silent in comparison

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The 21's are quieter than the 20's, non-US ones are quieter again with the Euro ones being silent in comparison
regardless still sounds amazing. 2021 has less pops, thatā€™s all.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
The stock exhaust just sounds so nice. I canā€™t imagine why anybody would change it out?!! Lol I get that the burnt tips or etc look cooler tho.
In my case I'd be going with a single pipe (dual outlet) setup like the AA catback system. I prefer the faster exhaust velocity and tone of a single 3.5inch setup over the restrictive dual 2inch pipes BMW insists on putting on their inline 6 cars...

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
In my case I'd be going with a single pipe (dual outlet) setup like the AA catback system. I prefer the faster exhaust velocity and tone of a single 3.5inch setup over the restrictive dual 2inch pipes BMW insists on putting on their inline 6 cars...
Would love to know how this sounds.

Personally, with a catted AA Downpipe, it really brings out the roar, even with the stock turbo back exhaust. You could even argue that an aftermarket exhaust is unnecessary after a Downpipe upgrade.

Personally, I would still get an exhaust just to amplify everything. Definitely needs to have the valve function working though. Helps when I donā€™t want to be a complete riot lol
Sponsored