Best exhaust systems in the market??

Exhaust sustems

• Total voters

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I just wanted to hear it by itself, without a downpipe - especially catless.

I searched on YouTube and only heard one clip from TJ and Calvin of it revving in a shop with a catless downpipe.
I have the magnaflow exhaust on my car (muffler deletes on both sides) with a stock dp. I tried to record the sound but it doesn't really capture well on camera. In person it has really good deep sound to it. I personally think the sound is much much better than stock, but I do plan on putting in a different DP to annoy my cop neighbor ;).
Sponsored

CMCSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I have the magnaflow exhaust on my car (muffler deletes on both sides) with a stock dp. I tried to record the sound but it doesn't really capture well on camera. In person it has really good deep sound to it. I personally think the sound is much much better than stock, but I do plan on putting in a different DP to annoy my cop neighbor ;).
Good info! I'm waiting for my magnaflow catback to deliver and trying to decide between the resonator on both sides or putting in the delete on the sport side for best of both worlds. I don't plan on changing the stock DP. How loud is the setup now over stock? Most videos online of the magnaflow system feature cars with a catless DP so it's hard to know what the sound it will pull.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Valvetronic catless DP, valvetronic Full Exhaust:
Didnā€™t realize you were on here dude, seen a couple of your videos on YouTube. Exhaust sounds amazing btw!

Have you found a tuner yet for the car? Lol

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
The stock exhaust just sounds so nice. I canā€™t imagine why anybody would change it out?!! Lol I get that the burnt tips or etc look cooler tho.
Well, Active Sound Design plays a big part, I think. Stock in sport mode sounds absolutely hypnotic above 4K but with ASD disabled, the stock system is very quiet.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Good info! I'm waiting for my magnaflow catback to deliver and trying to decide between the resonator on both sides or putting in the delete on the sport side for best of both worlds. I don't plan on changing the stock DP. How loud is the setup now over stock? Most videos online of the magnaflow system feature cars with a catless DP so it's hard to know what the sound it will pull.
Most people appear to be doing the muffler on the driver side and the straight pipe on the passenger/valved side.

The catbacks from aFe and Borla have a similar design at the back end, but are only a single pipe from the DP unlike the split/dual in the Magnaflow.

Although the Magnaflow has the options to change not only both sides of the muffler end, but also the mid pipe to a larger (3.5") diameter.

It also features v-bands (as does the aFe catback) which are preferable (at least to me) rather than the AccuSeal clamps used on the Borla.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Well, Active Sound Design plays a big part, I think. Stock in sport mode sounds absolutely hypnotic above 4K but with ASD disabled, the stock system is very quiet.
Quiet is good.

Maraku90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 IS350 2021 Supra 3.0
I have the same setup with the 3.5" piping option from the downpipe and cold starts are much louder. Once it's done idling everything quiets down and you can't even tell it's aftermarket. Definitely hear the exhaust more compared to stock when driving imo. This is a weekend car, but if it was a daily, then I'd probably put a muffler on the driver side. Just like the OP said, it's hard to capture the sound on video, fly bys, start-ups, etc.

ThicWhips

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thicf30.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Didnā€™t realize you were on here dude, seen a couple of your videos on YouTube. Exhaust sounds amazing btw!

Have you found a tuner yet for the car? Lol
Yessir! Just installed the meth kit yesterday, working out 4 different maps with my tuner right now. :)

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Its not too much louder than stock, but it is deeper. The cold start is quite a bit louder until it gets warmed up then its normal. The cracks and pops in sport is more aggressive than stock and makes the car that much better.

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Most people appear to be doing the muffler on the driver side and the straight pipe on the passenger/valved side.

The catbacks from aFe and Borla have a similar design at the back end, but are only a single pipe from the DP unlike the split/dual in the Magnaflow.

Although the Magnaflow has the options to change not only both sides of the muffler end, but also the mid pipe to a larger (3.5") diameter.

It also features v-bands (as does the aFe catback) which are preferable (at least to me) rather than the AccuSeal clamps used on the Borla.
I have the 3.5 midpipe on the stock dp as of now. I think the people using the muffler on one side have a catless dp, as I believe it adds a bit more sound. Having muffler deletes on both sides, I dont find it to be overly loud, but my wife says it wakes her up when I leave for work in the morning...

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Looking into exhaust systems in the market right now and I wanted to know everyoneā€™s input...
I looked long and hard for a good exhaust for my 2020 Supra. I wanted it to:

1. Sound good
2. Look good (tips)
3. Have good fitment
4. Excellent quality and warranty
5. Be drone free
6. Excellent ground clearance
7. Light weight
8. Good flow
9. Not too expensive.

I eliminated:
1. Akrapovich too expensive.
2. Boost logic expensive/low ground clearance plus too many melted rear diffusers.

Top Contenders:
1. Frenquency Intelligence (FI)
2. Magnaflow Xmod
3. AWE
4. HKS
5. Remark
6. Armytrix

1. Armytrix sounds good, has excellent ground clearance but heard some negatives on fitment (hit or miss) and degredation of performance in normal mode. This seem real and was something that just turned me off. Plus warranty is not stellar.

2. Remark is a beautiful exhust with nice Titanium tips and a good price and it appears to be of of excellent quality and fitment. Plus it is tucked away under the rear diffuser, so clearance is good. However, listening to sound clips on start up, revving and drive bys it was my least favorite. It sounded, at least on video just like stock. Plus there were Zero claims of improved performance or weight savings.

3. HKS sounds good, especially on drive bys and the price is reasonable. However, I keep hearing that it is not that much louder than stock. I don't want an exhaust that is simply loud, it has to have a great tone. HKS has a grest tone, but I was a little iffy on it due to people saying the volume is too low. Plus I can see a little of the exhust pipe from the rear, which isn't a ground clearance issue but it is there. Also no great news on warranty and at the time not confident that it would be drone free. And the titanium tips always appear to be dirty, which seem to makes it difficult to keep clean. This never seem to be an issue with the Remark titanium tips from all the pics and vids etc. Probably just me being paranoid, but it weighed in my decision making process because it was in my head psychologically, so I passed.

4. AWE was one of the least expensive systems that is very excellent quality product with an excellent warranty. Fitment seem to be excellent as well and there is no drone due to the technology used. Drive bys were some of the best sounds I have heard. Problem is no active exhaust, mufflers are hagging innthe rear which reduce ground clearance and I wanted different exhaust tips.

This left me with down to FI and Magnaflow.
FI had claims of producing 22HP and I love their carbon fiber tips. The exhaust is tucked in pretty nicely behind the rear diffuser, so there is no ground clearance issues. It also seem to be able to get as quiet as any exhaust in normal mode. In sport mode it gets rowdy and sounds great on drive bys or when revving at a stop. However, it costs a pretty penny and the warranty is not good, and there seem to be some quality issues. Heard from people that had the exhaust crack after 1 year. It is too expensive to have those issues. I also have an active autowerke catted downpipe. I wondered how pairing it with the FI would work or should I buy their catted downpipe for $1,200...ah no. The warranty and quality issues scared me off.

I chose the Magnaflow Xmod exhaust because their quality is excellent, it has a lifetime warranty, and it has perfect fitment due to the adjustability created via their v-band clamps. Magnaflow also has carbon fiber tips that looks nice. Plus it is has drone cancelling technology, and it is tucked away nicely behind the rear diffuser, so ground clearance is excellent. It has an active exhaust (something AWE doesn't), and it is modular, meaning you can perform a muffler delete if you want to go loud and then just add both mufflers to get civilized or just add one muffler to have the best of both worlds. Plus the drive by sound is as good as AWE, HKS or any other. They also claim a max of 14 HP at best, which isn't as much as FI or HKS cliam for their exhaust, but who knows if these claims are true. Plus the muffler delete trims 9lbs, which is as good a weight reduction as any system not named Akrapovich or Boost Logic. The only problem... I was not impressed with its sound during stationary revving and it seems to produce a smoke from the left tailpipe on multiple cars. However, I haven't found any real data that leads me to believe that the smoke from the tailpipe is an issue. The revving sound problem is no real problem becauae the sound while in motion is what's important!!! Each exhaust seem to have their strenths and weaknesses. However, It is Magnaflow for me because it has more positives than negatives for what I want.

CMCSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium

1. Sound good
2. Look good (tips)
3. Have good fitment
5. Be drone free
7. Light weight
8. Good flow
9. Not too expensive.

I eliminated:
2. Boost logic expensive/low ground clearance plus too many melted rear diffusers.

Top Contenders:
2. Magnaflow Xmod
3. AWE
4. HKS
5. Remark
6. Armytrix

1. Armytrix sounds good, has excellent ground clearance but heard some negatives on fitment (hit or miss) and degredation of performance in normal mode. This seem real and was something that just turned me off. Plus warranty is not stellar.

2. Remark is a beautiful exhust with nice Titanium tips and a good price and it appears to be of of excellent quality and fitment. Plus it is tucked away under the rear diffuser, so clearance is good. However, listening to sound clips on start up, revving and drive bys it was my least favorite. It sounded, at least on video just like stock. Plus there were Zero claims of improved performance or weight savings.

3. HKS sounds good, especially on drive bys and the price is reasonable. However, I keep hearing that it is not that much louder than stock. I don't want an exhaust that is simply loud, it has to have a great tone. HKS has a grest tone, but I was a little iffy on it due to people saying the volume is too low. Plus I can see a little of the exhust pipe from the rear, which isn't a ground clearance issue but it is there. Also no great news on warranty and at the time not confident that it would be drone free. And the titanium tips always appear to be dirty, which seem to makes it difficult to keep clean. This never seem to be an issue with the Remark titanium tips from all the pics and vids etc. Probably just me being paranoid, but it weighed in my decision making process because it was in my head psychologically, so I passed.

4. AWE was one of the least expensive systems that is very excellent quality product with an excellent warranty. Fitment seem to be excellent as well and there is no drone due to the technology used. Drive bys were some of the best sounds I have heard. Problem is no active exhaust, mufflers are hagging innthe rear which reduce ground clearance and I wanted different exhaust tips.

FI had claims of producing 22HP and I love their carbon fiber tips. The exhaust is tucked in pretty nicely behind the rear diffuser, so there is no ground clearance issues. It also seem to be able to get as quiet as any exhaust in normal mode. In sport mode it gets rowdy and sounds great on drive bys or when revving at a stop. However, it costs a pretty penny and the warranty is not good, and there seem to be some quality issues. Heard from people that had the exhaust crack after 1 year. It is too expensive to have those issues. I also have an active autowerke catted downpipe. I wondered how pairing it with the FI would work or should I buy their catted downpipe for $1,200...ah no. The warranty and quality issues scared me off.

I chose the Magnaflow Xmod exhaust because their quality is excellent, it has a lifetime warranty, and it has perfect fitment due to the adjustability created via their v-band clamps. Magnaflow also has carbon fiber tips that looks nice. Plus it is has drone cancelling technology, and it is tucked away nicely behind the rear diffuser, so ground clearance is excellent. It has an active exhaust (something AWE doesn't), and it is modular, meaning you can perform a muffler delete if you want to go loud and then just add both mufflers to get civilized or just add one muffler to have the best of both worlds. Plus the drive by sound is as good as AWE, HKS or any other. They also claim a max of 14 HP at best, which isn't as much as FI or HKS cliam for their exhaust, but who knows if these claims are true. Plus the muffler delete trims 9lbs, which is as good a weight reduction as any system not named Akrapovich or Boost Logic. The only problem... I was not impressed with its sound during stationary revving and it seems to produce a smoke from the left tailpipe on multiple cars. However, I haven't found any real data that leads me to believe that the smoke from the tailpipe is an issue. The revving sound problem is no real problem becauae the sound while in motion is what's important!!! Each exhaust seem to have their strenths and weaknesses. However, It is Magnaflow for me because it has more positives than negatives for what I want.
This is a fantastic review. Thank you!! I also went with Magnaflow and I'm waiting for delivery. It seems like they have had delays due to the pandemic either with human resource or supply chain but mine is supposed to ship any time. I ordered it January 8th, so I'm getting a antsy but being patient. :)

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

1. Sound good
2. Look good (tips)
3. Have good fitment
5. Be drone free
7. Light weight
8. Good flow
9. Not too expensive.

I eliminated:

Top Contenders:
2. Magnaflow Xmod
3. AWE
4. HKS
5. Remark
6. Armytrix

I have run into very little drone with the HKS exhaust. The only time I've noticed drone is when I am in sport mode in 7th or 8th gear and cruising while under 2k rpm on the highway. In normal mode with the valve closed there is no drone.
Sponsored