• Total voters

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I think it sounds better from the outside than the inside, especially with the ASD off.

But it could use a bit of throaty volume to distinguish it's sports car nature from other B58 BMWs.

If there was a true, completely CEL-free catted DP, I'd just do that. But even the "no CEL guarantee" DPs have been known to throw a code. :nono:

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
This is a fantastic review. Thank you!! I also went with Magnaflow and I'm waiting for delivery. It seems like they have had delays due to the pandemic either with human resource or supply chain but mine is supposed to ship any time. I ordered it January 8th, so I'm getting a antsy but being patient. :)
Thank you. I am still waiting on my exhust too. Hopefully, we will not be disappointed.

I loved the sound of the ETS exhaust too, but it didn't have the tips I wanted and no active exhaust. Should have included it in my review. The ETS exhaust is one of the least expensive and their warranty is like Magnaflow and AWE. Excellent!!

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
My vote is “other” for stock. As is sounds great
Yeah, the stock exhaust with a DP sounds great!!! You will save a lot of money going this route. I wanted to increase the flow to help my turbo, add to the sound of my car, get a bump in power and improve the look of the tailpipes. There are so many good options out there.

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I think it sounds better from the outside than the inside, especially with the ASD off.

But it could use a bit of throaty volume to distinguish it's sports car nature from other B58 BMWs.

If there was a true, completely CEL-free catted DP, I'd just do that. But even the "no CEL guarantee" DPs have been known to throw a code. :nono:
I purchased the active autowerke catted DP and didn't get a cel error. Maybe I didn't drive it long enough before tunning it to see if the garaunteed no cel was real.

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I have run into very little drone with the HKS exhaust. The only time I've noticed drone is when I am in sport mode in 7th or 8th gear and cruising while under 2k rpm on the highway. In normal mode with the valve closed there is no drone.
Thanks for the info. HKS was my top choice, initially. They claimed a 30HP bump in power, and it sounds amazing paired with a catless DP. I went with a catted DP and so I was iffy on the sound that would be produced by that combo. Also, although I am a big fan of titanium tips, I like the carbon fiber tips more. If I was confident that I wouldn't have a drone problem I might have pulled the trigger on HKS. That hesitation made me write down what I wanted, and then I realized Magnaflow provided more of what I wanted. Trust me this was still an extremely difficult decision.

ReconAlex48

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I just ordered the Borla because I share the same sentiment towards the single-mid pipe to the muffler split for the I-6. Currently have a catless downpipe so will take some quality sound vids once it comes in for anyone curious.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Some Borla sound clips for anyone interested. Youtube cut off half of my clips..

We will have one of these exhausts available for purchase this week, and another one coming in next week, preorder soon!

-Josh

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey everyone new to the forum. So just a heads up just purchased this bad boy last Monday so only had like 2 days with it just trying to get some sort of break in done on it. Had 32 from dealer an now has 183 so managed to get a bit of it done but have already purchased a number of mods for me to install when I get home for my Actual vaca (truck driver). So here's a list of what ive purchased so far:
Cusco Rear Power Brace (under the vehicle)
Cusco Front Power Brace (engine bay)
Bootmod3 Tune added OTS Maps
FTP Red Charge Pipe
Armaspeed Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
AMS Catless DownPipe

So I went with bootmod for now just to get one foot in the door and open the car/computer up a bit. Eventually I will either choose Jordan (RK tunes) or since AMS is just 3 hours from my house I might just go with them since they have been in the tuning/mod game for a min. Also im trying to go 50/50 on the car for mods so have a decent mix of power and bracing/support for it so im able to keep the power planted the way I want instead of going heavy on one vs the other an the car just feeling off. Now here's the rub. Ive been at this for 2 weeks now long before I bought the car. Ive checked out so many YouTube and instagram vids from places like Speed Industries (were I purchased all my parts from) to Adam LZ, Thic Whips, Four Bros etc and im still at all loss. So if you go back to a video Adam LZ did on YT of the Magnaflow exhaust he installed on the car and look at the set up...its the exact way I want it...just straight test pipes. I want an aggressive sound...but on the other supra I believe the white one he installed a BoostLogic exhaust.

Guys I have to be honest I love the deep throaty aggressive tone of the Magnaflow but the biggest turn off is the added power. On Dyno pulls it maybe took 2-4 hp away in the lower end but at the top of the RPM range it gained 14hp...now boost logic im not sure of but HKS claims 30+hp an I think I also saw a vid were it also added in the top end. So im at a cross roads. I will be home a month from Wednesday an want to order this exhaust within the next week but like I said between HKS, Magnaflow, BoostLogic im at a loss. The 2 biggest draw backs to BoostLogic is with the valves closed it sounds like a tin cap and you might as well have a sign on the car that says ricer. I will smash this before anyone says anything....I have to keep the valves. When im staying with the momma while im home I dont really want to pi$$ off the momma with my loud exhaust on cold start ?

Now im coming to you guys humbled as hell asking for more pros an cons....hp/Ft.LBS gains. Also if you know of any other exhaust system that is aggressive even with valves closed, and pi$$ed as hell with the valves open please name em. Not to sound like a tool but money isn't an issue. Im stuck in my semi truck 5months...home for maybe 10 days then out again till OCT or NOV for a week then home for 2 weeks during Xmas...thats it so dont have a chance to spend money...just investing in market an the occasional movie...(now you can add car parts to the list)

Anyway thank everyone sorry about the long message in advance but would rather over inform you all then not provide much info at all. Be safe an have a good weekend guys

PockyProtector

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2006 STi
I understand Tomei just came out with their single exit exhaust but is this another up-coming model? I prefer this design compared to the newly released one.
9CF1F51E-227C-42A4-9D15-9E776167E5E9.jpeg

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
anyone have AFE catback and got the Resonator delete section will it sound louder?
Sponsored