4. Excellent quality and warranty
5. Be drone free
6. Excellent ground clearance
7. Light weight
8. Good flow
9. Not too expensive.

I eliminated:
1. Akrapovich too expensive.
2. Boost logic expensive/low ground clearance plus too many melted rear diffusers.

Top Contenders:
1. Frenquency Intelligence (FI)
2. Magnaflow Xmod
3. AWE
4. HKS
5. Remark
6. Armytrix

1. Armytrix sounds good, has excellent ground clearance but heard some negatives on fitment (hit or miss) and degredation of performance in normal mode. This seem real and was something that just turned me off. Plus warranty is not stellar.

2. Remark is a beautiful exhust with nice Titanium tips and a good price and it appears to be of of excellent quality and fitment. Plus it is tucked away under the rear diffuser, so clearance is good. However, listening to sound clips on start up, revving and drive bys it was my least favorite. It sounded, at least on video just like stock. Plus there were Zero claims of improved performance or weight savings.

3. HKS sounds good, especially on drive bys and the price is reasonable. However, I keep hearing that it is not that much louder than stock. I don't want an exhaust that is simply loud, it has to have a great tone. HKS has a grest tone, but I was a little iffy on it due to people saying the volume is too low. Plus I can see a little of the exhust pipe from the rear, which isn't a ground clearance issue but it is there. Also no great news on warranty and at the time not confident that it would be drone free. And the titanium tips always appear to be dirty, which seem to makes it difficult to keep clean. This never seem to be an issue with the Remark titanium tips from all the pics and vids etc. Probably just me being paranoid, but it weighed in my decision making process because it was in my head psychologically, so I passed.

4. AWE was one of the least expensive systems that is very excellent quality product with an excellent warranty. Fitment seem to be excellent as well and there is no drone due to the technology used. Drive bys were some of the best sounds I have heard. Problem is no active exhaust, mufflers are hagging innthe rear which reduce ground clearance and I wanted different exhaust tips.

This left me with down to FI and Magnaflow.
FI had claims of producing 22HP and I love their carbon fiber tips. The exhaust is tucked in pretty nicely behind the rear diffuser, so there is no ground clearance issues. It also seem to be able to get as quiet as any exhaust in normal mode. In sport mode it gets rowdy and sounds great on drive bys or when revving at a stop. However, it costs a pretty penny and the warranty is not good, and there seem to be some quality issues. Heard from people that had the exhaust crack after 1 year. It is too expensive to have those issues. I also have an active autowerke catted downpipe. I wondered how pairing it with the FI would work or should I buy their catted downpipe for $1,200...ah no. The warranty and quality issues scared me off.

I chose the Magnaflow Xmod exhaust because their quality is excellent, it has a lifetime warranty, and it has perfect fitment due to the adjustability created via their v-band clamps. Magnaflow also has carbon fiber tips that looks nice. Plus it is has drone cancelling technology, and it is tucked away nicely behind the rear diffuser, so ground clearance is excellent. It has an active exhaust (something AWE doesn't), and it is modular, meaning you can perform a muffler delete if you want to go loud and then just add both mufflers to get civilized or just add one muffler to have the best of both worlds. Plus the drive by sound is as good as AWE, HKS or any other. They also claim a max of 14 HP at best, which isn't as much as FI or HKS cliam for their exhaust, but who knows if these claims are true. Plus the muffler delete trims 9lbs, which is as good a weight reduction as any system not named Akrapovich or Boost Logic. The only problem... I was not impressed with its sound during stationary revving and it seems to produce a smoke from the left tailpipe on multiple cars. However, I haven't found any real data that leads me to believe that the smoke from the tailpipe is an issue. The revving sound problem is no real problem becauae the sound while in motion is what's important!!! Each exhaust seem to have their strenths and weaknesses. However, It is Magnaflow for me because it has more positives than negatives for what I want.
Fantastic summary! You capture my thinking perfectly. I just decided last night (before reading this) the Magnaflow xMod looked like the one for me. I guess it’s time to pull the trigger. Does anyone have counter thinking to consider?

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Fantastic summary! You capture my thinking perfectly. I just decided last night (before reading this) the Magnaflow xMod looked like the one for me. I guess it’s time to pull the trigger. Does anyone have counter thinking to consider?
I ordered the xMod but due to my schedule an the lead time being mid July an probably August now I went ahead and canceled it with magnaflow called me. So after doing a little bit more research I decided to go with the AWE resonated exhaust because the track just seemed a little bit too raspy and did have drown but they said that you need to use the resonated one if you have an aftermarket DP. I have not installed it yet as I am not home until next weekend so hopefully once I get home the install she goes smoothly and then I’ll post some clips

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
My vote is for the HKS, very little drone if any. Deep bass sound too

Sup Brah

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra; 2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Just put the Active Autowerke Exhaust on over the weekend. Wow! It sounds so good!!! Absolutely amazing sound
Still loving the AA exhaust? Do you have the AA catted DP? I’ve got the AA DP on the way and I’m considering adding the exhaust. Does it have the butterfly valve that’s works with sport and normal mode. What is your opinion vs stock exhaust?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Still loving the AA exhaust? Do you have the AA catted DP? I’ve got the AA DP on the way and I’m considering adding the exhaust. Does it have the butterfly valve that’s works with sport and normal mode. What is your opinion vs stock exhaust?
AA catted downpipe + AA exhaust is the most popular setup for our customers.

It provides a more aggressive sound with a deep mid-range tone.
it does use the valve system just like stock
Perfect for daily drivers

pcw

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI, Outlander GT, Ford Fiesta, Fiat Abarth
What would you suggest, I want to add a catback exhaust, keeping stock downpipe, and no tune. I just want a more aggressive note. I would like to go with valved Titanium and take advantage of the 30+ lbs weight savings. Keeping the stock downpipe and I have a 2021 3.0 Premium, and not wanting something that is obnoxiously loud.. I have heard sound clips of all the titanium systems, Boost Logic, Titan, VR Racing, Tomei dual(not sure I like the Tomie layout)... Are there any others that I have missed? I have heard about issues with almost all of them, fitment, melting, flapper valve rattle etc, have those issues been resolved with latest versions? Suggestions?

pcw

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
What would you suggest, I want to add a catback exhaust, keeping stock downpipe, and no tune. I just want a more aggressive note. I would like to go with valved Titanium and take advantage of the 30+ lbs weight savings. Keeping the stock downpipe and I have a 2021 3.0 Premium, and not wanting something that is obnoxiously loud.. I have heard sound clips of all the titanium systems, Boost Logic, Titan, VR Racing, Tomei dual(not sure I like the Tomie layout)... Are there any others that I have missed? I have heard about issues with almost all of them, fitment, melting, flapper valve rattle etc, have those issues been resolved with latest versions? Suggestions?

pcw
One of our best selling valved titanium exhausts is the Boost Logic. No issues with our past orders either.

-Josh

Sigma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Here is the aFe Takeda. The video is from my buddy’s YouTube channel. It’s my car in the video. My gf shot the video and I did the editing. Haven’t seen much about this exhaust on here.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

pcw
Unless you are getting Akrapovic catback, i recommend the Active Autowerke axle back with catted downpipes. Thats the best sounding setup in my opinion. It also adds quite a bit of power due to the downpipes.

Reactions: pcw