BEST PPF OPTION

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I was looking at the best choices for PPF on my front and rear bumper that are self healing. I’ve heard that XPEL shows a little more yellow tint than others since I have a white car so I don’t want it to look hella mismatched. Please let me know.
Sponsored

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
I was looking at the best choices for PPF on my front and rear bumper that are self healing. I’ve heard that XPEL shows a little more yellow tint than others since I have a white car so I don’t want it to look hella mismatched. Please let me know.
FWIW…I haven’t noticed any yellowing, however I have a Phantom colored Supra which has a hint of blue. I would think that adding a little yellow might cause areas of green, but that hasn’t happened. I have some uncovered paint in the door frame where I can compare side by side with and without film. I have the satin XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole car, so I can’t speak to the end result of the glossy version. I would think that if you cover the whole car any variation would be impossible to detect…I know that this is the case between the original matte finish vs adding the satin PPF.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I believe xpel is your best option. I’ve used it for years.

And if it does happen to slightly yellow over the years ... a mild paint correction process on the film brings back the clarity.

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
XPEL has a 10 year warranty and they have certified installers across the country. I had my entire front end, fenders, and lower rockers PPF'd before I drove my car back from Phoenix.

Car is in perfect condition and last weekend I've added the ZL1 guards to assist in this effort.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Both Xpel and Stek are good films with self healing when heat is applied.

Personally I went with Kavaca which is instant self healing without heat and offers a lifetime warranty.

The most important part of your decision is the installer. Don’t skimp out or go to a second rate installer.

-RJM

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i
The most important part of your decision is the installer. Don’t skimp out or go to a second rate installer.

-RJM
So very important!! My PPF installer has been doing this for years and my Supra was the first one he has done. He said it was one of the most difficult cars to do, the hood is huge on the Supra and he had to stretch the PPF across it. He also said that XPEL (what I went with), their recommendations on how to put the PPF on weren't that great and someone without experience would have problems.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Agreed ... the xpel product is only as good as the installer. Period.

Always view their prior work before opting for the installer. It’s the installer you need to determine ... not just the shop/business.

pcw

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI, Outlander GT, Ford Fiesta, Fiat Abarth
My car is at the installer as I write this. I went with Stek DynoShield this time, my installer highly recommends it. I have had just about all of them over the last 12 years, Suntek, XPel, Viviid and a few others. I did get some yellowing on my white GTI with X-PEL. Stek is all he really uses on Supra's. He has done 3-4 Supra and told me from the beginning, the Supra can be a tricky job with all their curves, the film has to be manipulated in just the right amount, Stek handles that manipulation better than just about any other film, he stated. He also does a lot of high end "Supercars" again, only uses Stek. I'm getting the full wrap, so he will have the car for at least 10 days, 5 to go :). I'll post pics when I get it back....

pcw

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
So very important!! My PPF installer has been doing this for years and my Supra was the first one he has done. He said it was one of the most difficult cars to do, the hood is huge on the Supra and he had to stretch the PPF across it. He also said that XPEL (what I went with), their recommendations on how to put the PPF on weren't that great and someone without experience would have problems.
Very true, same was said by my installer... the Supra is a difficult car to perform PPF. As you said, it requires a skilled professional do to that work. Also have a thicker PPF then the default one

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
I shopped a few different installers before I chose one, I was able to get samples of both the Suntek and the XPEL. The XPEL film is noticeably thicker. It's really all about the installer though, you want one who has been doing that for a while and are wiling to stand behind their work. The guy I worked with has been by my house to tweak/correct minor issues as the film cured, and I've been really pleased. YMMV.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
Highly recommend STEK. Can’t even tell it has PPF and the quality of the hydrophobic finish is unparalleled.

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
For those who are thinking about doing PPF for their curvaceous Supras, here are the things to watch out for when you're checking out your installer. I went to a highly rated installer that had McLarens all around the shop.

I am not sure what went wrong with mine. Maybe because I don't have a McLaren. :confused:

https://317zs8.axshare.com

pcw

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI, Outlander GT, Ford Fiesta, Fiat Abarth
So I picked my car up from the PPF installer tonight. He had it for 2 weeks and it looks amazing. Full wrap, Stek DynoShield and ceramic window tint at 15%. He used Stek Dynomatte on the mirrors, rear diffuser, front valance and side skirts as they were a matte from the factor. He stated to me again, there isn't a more challenging car to wrap than a Supra. He finished it off with CQuarts Finest Reserve Ceramic Coating. I scheduled to take it back in 2 weeks to have him "Tune-up" the entire car (make sure all tiny water pocket/tiny bubbles are taken care of, very few I can see and most likely most of them will have evaporated by then. He will finish it off with one last coat of CQuarts Finest Reserve Ceramic Coating. Props to Man from Detail Maniac, you Sir are true professional, pics do not do it justice!!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
For those who are thinking about doing PPF for their curvaceous Supras, here are the things to watch out for when you're checking out your installer. I went to a highly rated installer that had McLarens all around the shop.

I am not sure what went wrong with mine. Maybe because I don't have a McLaren. :confused:

https://317zs8.axshare.com
Your installer is boo boo. You should complain
Sponsored