Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
That’s what I was wondering
what is the ecu date? if younger than 6/20ish my understanding there is still no bench unlock.

playing dumb with Toyota is quickest route
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Lot of people will be very interested in how this turns out. The question to me is what all the dealer would need to do to fix the ECU: is it a matter of "resetting" the bricked ECU or does the dealer need to order and install a brand-new one?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
No solution, only thoughts ahead:

I think BM3/MHD/EcuTek guys should be able to say what information could have been overwritten if the ECU was locked. At least the software engineering companies they use like cmd, bitbox, etc.. should know and should be able to recover/overwrite that bit with the full DME backup. (I guess).

I don't have experience in this, but I've flashed/rooted/etc. most of my Android phones and if for whatever reason your flash fails, depending on whether it was rom, or loader, you can put in download/recovery mode and re-flash it. I suppose it could be done on a bench?

But regardless, he should follow the FAQ to create support ticket.. He surely cannot be the first person to make this mistake..
HOW DO I REACH TECH OR SALES SUPPORT IF I HAVE AN ISSUE OR NEED HELP?
Open a tech support ticket with us on our support website and one of our staff will reach out to you:

https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
No solution, only thoughts ahead:

I think BM3/MHD/EcuTek guys should be able to say what information could have been overwritten if the ECU was locked. At least the software engineering companies they use like cmd, bitbox, etc.. should know and should be able to recover/overwrite that bit with the full DME backup. (I guess).

I don't have experience in this, but I've flashed/rooted/etc. most of my Android phones and if for whatever reason your flash fails, depending on whether it was rom, or loader, you can put in download/recovery mode and re-flash it. I suppose it could be done on a bench?

But regardless, he should follow the FAQ to create support ticket.. He surely cannot be the first person to make this mistake..
HOW DO I REACH TECH OR SALES SUPPORT IF I HAVE AN ISSUE OR NEED HELP?
Open a tech support ticket with us on our support website and one of our staff will reach out to you:

https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
Agree that the first resort should be the tuner. Absent a clear warning pre-purchase that it should not be used on post-6/20 ECUs, I think the onus is on the tuner to make this right.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Update:
They pushed a fix to the server that corrected the stock map download failure. After that all I did was “flash and relock” the stock tune and it completed no problem. Everything works fine
That’s great news. Definitely a learning experience.

So are you just holding onto the BM3 tune until you’re unlocked?

OP
OP

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
That’s great news. Definitely a learning experience.

So are you just holding onto the BM3 tune until you’re unlocked?
Yep, and pro tuning unlocks for free so I just gotta ship it to them

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Things like this remind me of old PC bios flash upgrades never working and your ticker stops working for a second or you hold your breath during the flash upgrades.

Still get that feeling today when flashing new updates on my smartphone hoping it will not go into boot loop.

Great to hear its all back to normal.
:thumbsup:

Helicaldamn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 1986 Toyota 4Runner
Glad to see you're back on the road and not stuck on the roadside.

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Is there any way to check if the ECU is locked through MHD or BM3 before flashing?

protuningfreaks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
protuningfreaks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.protuningfreaks.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Sorry to see this happened. There is a check pre-flash that issues a warning about flashing before unlocking. If it is skipped the issue can happen but it is easily resolvable by just clicking on the Stock Tune and choosing reflash back to stock. Our tech support is always there to assist and remote into your laptop to take a look for anything that may come up at any time while using BM3.

OP
OP

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Sorry to see this happened. There is a check pre-flash that issues a warning about flashing before unlocking. If it is skipped the issue can happen but it is easily resolvable by just clicking on the Stock Tune and choosing reflash back to stock. Our tech support is always there to assist and remote into your laptop to take a look for anything that may come up at any time while using BM3.
Already taken care of

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I just got put into this exact same situation. Car is 11 months so the ECU cannot have physically been manufactured prior to 7/20.

OP
OP

Jungle

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I just got put into this exact same situation. Car is 11 months so the ECU cannot have physically been manufactured prior to 7/20.
Try and flash back to stock, if it fails or doesn’t work for whatever reason just hit them up and they can help you. For me i couldn’t flash back to stock because a bug but once I contacted them they fixed it shortly after
Sponsored