BM3 CustomROM is Ready!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Doubtful. The ecutek gang is still the ecutek gang.
True but this bm3 update is going to work fine for the other 90% of people. Ecutek will remain king of tuning programs but again, 90% of people don't need all its options. Honestly I think most people are like me and just wanted the basic flex fuel option.
Sponsored

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
True but this bm3 update is going to work fine for the other 90% of people. Ecutek will remain king of tuning programs but again, 90% of people don't need all its options. Honestly I think most people are like me and just wanted the basic flex fuel option.
Yeah I am looking for something tuneable, has option to return to stock without re-locking the DME. The cloneable DME route is pretty costly and not something many of us want to do.

CARB is such a soul sucker.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
No, I get that, but the people that have been cloning all did Ecutek. They didn't do a clone then go with MHD or BM3. The market for clones was already Ecutek.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
No, I get that, but the people that have been cloning all did Ecutek. They didn't do a clone then go with MHD or BM3. The market for clones was already Ecutek.
This is true there will be a premium still for ecutek. It’s just the ppl that need ecutek over BM3 are the 1% of ppl it’s a small niche but those ppl will spend big bucks because they have big builds

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This is true there will be a premium still for ecutek. It’s just the ppl that need ecutek over BM3 are the 1% of ppl it’s a small niche but those ppl will spend big bucks because they have big builds
I feel like no one is listening.

This shouldn't affect the clone market all that much. Maybe a little bit, but I don't think it's going to fall on it's fast. The ECUs are already rare as fuck.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I just want flex fuel and a polished tune. BUT I have to clone an ECU because I need my OEM one for smog.
I expect to sell this car in a year or two and I don't want to be stuck with it because I can't smog it for the new owner.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I feel like no one is listening.

This shouldn't affect the clone market all that much. Maybe a little bit, but I don't think it's going to fall on it's fast. The ECUs are already rare as fuck.
For ppl like me the partial unlock was enough 93 and Custom E50. I’m not gonna send my ECU back and spend for a flex tune i don’t mind mixing fuel.

For those pushing the envelope tho like u money isn’t really a factor especially when the build is 50k plus in your case more. And the ECU clone is a drop in the bucket at that level. It’s just very few people at that level though. So in reality the clones should stay the same price.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I just want flex fuel and a polished tune. BUT I have to clone an ECU because I need my OEM one for smog.
I expect to sell this car in a year or two and I don't want to be stuck with it because I can't smog it for the new owner.
Can’t you just put on the stock downpipe and flash to stock???

Reactions: zrk

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Can’t you just put on the stock downpipe and flash to stock???
We don't know yet. With my old car, it had to be 100% stock right down to the immobilizer code, with the correct ROM, etc.
I'm not sure if our cars will pass smog with a reflash to stock.
I don't want to find out, the hard way, that it won't. 🤣

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
We don't know yet. With my old car, it had to be 100% stock right down to the immobilizer code, with the correct ROM, etc.
I'm not sure if our cars will pass smog with a reflash to stock.
I don't want to find out, the hard way, that it won't. 🤣
California is annoying af that sucks i don’t blame ya then. I drove through inspection catless in NJ and nobody batted an eye…

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Sell it to someone out of state.

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
With the release of customrom, what does ecutek offer that bm3 won’t be able to do now? If I’m reading it correctly (and it’s totally possible I’m not) customrom will give you flex and map switching, which were my main reasons for wanting to clone.

Only thing I can see is the top tuners are ecutek and not bm3 right (botti being the first that pops to mind).

I guess for me I would just do e85, dp, intake mani and pure800. But who knows what that could spiral into.

Last edited:

D_A_S

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dotekiautosolutions.com
Car(s)
2021 GR
This release has been in the making for some time now. There is even a new PI controller being produced. Which I am grateful for because the useless Reflex systems are such a draw of the hat. Meaning... who knows if it is going to work or not.

The time spent from the BM3 guys is going to far surpass what ECUtek currently has. Main reason is that most tuners get acquainted with a specific software and just stick to it. BM3 has been in the BMW game longer than anyone. Custom features for specific "Custom logic mapping" is still programmable in BM3. You just need to know the right tuners. This has become such a monopoly that people just believe everything they hear.
That being said. I do not think Ecutek is a bad program. I just think the bottom dollar goes farther with BM3.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This release has been in the making for some time now. There is even a new PI controller being produced. Which I am grateful for because the useless Reflex systems are such a draw of the hat. Meaning... who knows if it is going to work or not.

The time spent from the BM3 guys is going to far surpass what ECUtek currently has. Main reason is that most tuners get acquainted with a specific software and just stick to it. BM3 has been in the BMW game longer than anyone. Custom features for specific "Custom logic mapping" is still programmable in BM3. You just need to know the right tuners. This has become such a monopoly that people just believe everything they hear.
That being said. I do not think Ecutek is a bad program. I just think the bottom dollar goes farther with BM3.
Agreed. I have seen this happen with Ecutek on multiple platforms over the last twenty years. Just a matter of time. Same thing with some tuners/people saying Ecutek is "FAR SUPERIOR" but if you look at things in an unbiased way and actually compare features, "FAR SUPERIOR" is VERY much a stretch.

My dealings with the BM3 crew so far has been great overall. I knew they where going after the PI thing... it makes complete sense, really the only advantage Ecutek has currently.
Sponsored