Bootmod 3 users

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm loading up Bootmod3 after work tomorrow. I have a catless DP, Intake and charge pipe and drop in filter. I am waiting on my HKS catback to arrive (est time is late november :( ...) but I was to throw a 91 stage 2 tune on it. Anyone on the stage 2 aggresive tune with a similar set up? or should I wait for the catback before I install that tune? Ty in advance.
Aggressive tune I believe is for full stright pipe exhaust setups
Sponsored

joepro90

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Aggressive tune I believe is for full stright pipe exhaust setups
Awesome. I look forward to throwing that on once the exhaust is here. Also, does anyone on aggressive S2 have their power percentages for 1st and 2nd? I'm on 30-10 set right now but she still tries to drift off a bit.

Nomicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Nissan Patrol
Sorry for asking a stupid question, Iā€™m picking up BM3 with a Enet cable de cat down pipe tomorrow and want to crack on with tune etc, Iā€™ve got a MacBook is that going to be a problem? Or assuming Iā€™ve got a Ethernet adapter is it all good?

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Sorry for asking a stupid question, Iā€™m picking up BM3 with a Enet cable de cat down pipe tomorrow and want to crack on with tune etc, Iā€™ve got a MacBook is that going to be a problem? Or assuming Iā€™ve got a Ethernet adapter is it all good?
If you go to the bootmod3.net website you can find the quick guide on how to use everything and you can download and use OBD Agent with your Macbook

Nomicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Nissan Patrol
If you go to the bootmod3.net website you can find the quick guide on how to use everything and you can download and use OBD Agent with your Macbook
Thanks mate, sorry I should have searched a bit more.

Nomicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Nissan Patrol
Quick one, installed decat downpipe and flashed stage 2 map and all great. However noticed an increased whine inside the car when not under load especially. Is this just the fuel pump running? Iā€™ll record and post later just wondered if anyone else has the same thing or if Iā€™ve got a problem. Haha.

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Probably just more turbo noise magic as its spooling

protuningfreaks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
protuningfreaks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.protuningfreaks.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Our annual promo is coming up this Black Friday weekend starting Nov 27th 12AM EST and ending Monday Nov 30th 11:59pm EST. Inquire with any of our Authorized Dealers for various product bundles and promos with bootmod3 included or use BF2020 on our website to purchase. Code valid Nov 27-Nov 30 2020
drinking.gif

promo.png

ahtomtom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Supra A90
Quick one, installed decat downpipe and flashed stage 2 map and all great. However noticed an increased whine inside the car when not under load especially. Is this just the fuel pump running? Iā€™ll record and post later just wondered if anyone else has the same thing or if Iā€™ve got a problem. Haha.
I had the same whining noise after loading stage 2 map, not sure if it's normal....

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
Lol, I'm guessing first time driving a turbo catless car? It's whistling not whining, whining is what superchargers with intakes sound like, that off throttle whistle is your turbine slowing down. With a cat in place and mufflers all those turbine sounds go away but catless gives back the majority of engine exhaust and turbine spoiling sounds back.
I'm running full straight pipe turbo back, my only muffler technically is the turbine itself cancelling some engine exhaust noise, the whistle resonates up and down any street I drive through.

Nomicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Nissan Patrol
Lol, I'm guessing first time driving a turbo catless car? It's whistling not whining, whining is what superchargers with intakes sound like, that off throttle whistle is your turbine slowing down. With a cat in place and mufflers all those turbine sounds go away but catless gives back the majority of engine exhaust and turbine spoiling sounds back.
I'm running full straight pipe turbo back, my only muffler technically is the turbine itself cancelling some engine exhaust noise, the whistle resonates up and down any street I drive through.
Haha, not quite, but never noticed it before.

Still, reassuring to know it's normal :)

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
Haha, not quite, but never noticed it before.

Still, reassuring to know it's normal :)
Perfectly normal lol, going catless on a turbo motor always gives this sound, unless the exhaust system has a ton of baffles and restrictions that cancel everything out.

The OEM supra exhaust is near straight pipe performance so my guess is little to no baffling inside the muffler, just the bare minimum to cancel out obnoxious frequencies some refer to as drone. I assume this because if it had any sort of restrictions, going larger diameter mandrel bent tubing with no mufflers at all like in my case with magnaflow fully straight pipes and mufflerless configuration, the gains would be significant but they aren't; fully straight piped with better flow vs OEM catback is only a 14hp gain paired with a catless downpipe which isn't really that impressive given the sound level drawback to most to be honest. But again, totally subjective :dunno:, fully straight piped turbo back setup on these cars is how they should of come from the factory as far as I'm concerned lol.
Sponsored