bootmod3 custom E30/E50 Multimap?

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
Has anyone experienced bogging in 2nd gear( I’m in a MT) on e40? I’m actually at around 46 on the logger. As soon as I shifted to 3rd I was screaming but in 2nd felt like a dog. Possibly boost lag? Fuel pump struggling?
I also notice this a lot between 1st and 2nd gear or low rpms. (im also MT) once I give it more throttle it goes away though.
Sponsored

sp1dey.mkv

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 a90 Supra
It does. @suptj is confused.

Multimap is ACN91, 91, 93 and stock. You can switch between all those from the steering wheel.

All four of those map slots have flex fuel enabled. If you run flexfuel it flexes to whatever Ethanol you have in there, if you have a flex fuel sensor installed. Timing, torque targets, boost, fueling all scale accordingly. You could even run the stock map slot and it would interpolate to higher timing, torque targets, boost and fueling as you put more ethanol in. Flex fuel does not "Switch" to other map slots, it interpolates between whatever map slot you have selected and the full ethanol map slot.

It uses these gradients, or whatever custom gradients you make. You can make it non linear if your tuner wishes.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 10.06.39 PM.png

They also offer individual E30 and E50 maps for people without flex fuel sensors installed.
hey newbie here, I just bought my first flexfuel sensor I will be installing later on this week. can anyone provide a step by step on fueling for e50 on a stage 2 93 ots map. for example do I still need to use a tester before fueling, or is there a certain amount of gallons of e85 I should pump with my 93, any other tips that you have would be greatly appreciated

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
hey newbie here, I just bought my first flexfuel sensor I will be installing later on this week. can anyone provide a step by step on fueling for e50 on a stage 2 93 ots map. for example do I still need to use a tester before fueling, or is there a certain amount of gallons of e85 I should pump with my 93, any other tips that you have would be greatly appreciated
- Get yourself a calculator app (I use 'e85 blend)
- learn how to get into the "secret" menu in your cluster which will show you the amount of fuel left in your tank
- do the math using the calc app and it will tell you how many gallons of e85 to put in and how many of 93 to reach E50

Screenshot_20240314-223053.png

sp1dey.mkv

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 a90 Supra
- Get yourself a calculator app (I use 'e85 blend)
- learn how to get into the "secret" menu in your cluster which will show you the amount of fuel left in your tank
- do the math using the calc app and it will tell you how many gallons of e85 to put in and how many of 93 to reach E50

Screenshot_20240314-223053.png
I’m assuming I wont have to test the E since I have the flex fuel sensor ? Thanks for the help btw!

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
I'm running their 'Stage 2 Multimap' tune.. which comes with 4 switchable map slots.

ACN 91
Stock Power

The difference being that as a part of these 4 tunes.. they are all "flex" enabled... so i am actually running the 93 tune slot but with an E50 blend of fuel.. since my base fuel i'm blending it with is 93. I have their flex fuel kit as well so it really doesn't matter what blend i get all the way from 93 up to E50. If you are going to run the flex fuel kit this is the map you would want.. then you just pic what your base fuel is you are mixing out of the 4 slots.. this is my understanding. I believe the E30 and E50 maps are for those without the flex fuel kit that are using a ethanol content gauge and making sure they hit their target blends there.

Just dyno'd this configuration on tuesday and put down 490hp/530tq. AA catted dp, HKS intake (blend was actually at E47 when i was at the dyno)

Again.. this is just my current understanding of the situation.. maybe someone wiser will clarify more.
i thought the ots bm3 multimap with flex fuel only tunes up to e30?

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
I’m assuming I wont have to test the E since I have the flex fuel sensor ? Thanks for the help btw!
If you are stock fuel system - e50 is as high as we should go. So as long as you put in that you are targeting e50 in the calculator app.. you shouldn't have to test it, as you will only reach e50 or less. The reason to test would be if your local pump is putting out less than e85 and you keep winding up under e50. Mine luckily is always putting out e85 so i always hit e50 using the calculator.

I hear from a lot of people though that their station is more like e70 sometimes.. so if your pump is putting out something other than e85 you might want to test it so you know what to set the E85 ethanol content setting to in the calculator so that it will tell you the proper mix to put in. I rolled the dice on my local station and lucked out :)

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Last edited:

sp1dey.mkv

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 a90 Supra
Maybe because my station is down the road from the drag strip?? Haha
Anyone know if I have to reflash the car after I install the flex fuel sensor/ currently running 93 stage 2 miltimap

dbagdbag

First Name
Bag
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, 2021 F-150, 1999 XJ
Would I be able to run around e70 on a flex fuel map if I upgrade to a LPFP?