Brake Fluid

Boss42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
General question about Brake fluid. I'm planning on going to the track next month. Back in November 2023 I did the track event that was offered by Toyota, and I really enjoyed it. Prior to that I did change my brake fluid. Do I need to change it prior going back out to the track in a few weeks? I didn't upgrade the brake fluid.

This car is technically my daily - however I haven't driven it all that much over the past few months. I put about 1000 miles since November of last year. My intentions are to do probably 1-3 track days a year. For the future how often should plan on changing the fluid, and should I upgrade to a better fluid?
Sponsored

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What fluid did you put in? If it isn’t a high temp fluid you may boil your brakes as you get faster. I use SRF and change it once a year and bleed it every other event.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
SRF will last you the longest for sure. Has the highest wet temp. Yli method would be ideal if you can

OP
OP

Boss42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
What fluid did you put in? If it isn’t a high temp fluid you may boil your brakes as you get faster. I use SRF and change it once a year and bleed it every other event.
I had it changed at the dealership. Regular DOT 4. I figured I'll put in SRF the next time I change it.
Sponsored