Brake recall and bimmercode

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Today I had the recall done. My supra is an early 2020 3.0 with driver assist and is totally stock. The recall wiped out the changes I made with Bimmercode. I just tried to reprogram the features back in. I was able to do active sound, start/stop, and change chime sound. I could not longer access advanced crash safety, air conditioning, body domain controller, and instrument cluster control units. So I could not redo changes like rear view camera angle, seatbelt chimes and warnings, start up in sport mode, plus no more sport + mode. no more changing fuel reserve warnings etc. my supra was unlocked from the factory like other early 2020's.
Is there a way to regain these functions other than sending the ecu out to be unlocked?
Sponsored

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Go under z4 instead of Supra and you should be able to do them all.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Like @STV3 said, just use the Z4 entry.

I'm only replying because this has nothing to do with the ECU being locked. The ECU lock stuff only comes into play with a flash tune. If you don't have or want a flash tune, everything is exactly the same as it was before.

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Today I had the recall done. My supra is an early 2020 3.0 with driver assist and is totally stock. The recall wiped out the changes I made with Bimmercode. I just tried to reprogram the features back in. I was able to do active sound, start/stop, and change chime sound. I could not longer access advanced crash safety, air conditioning, body domain controller, and instrument cluster control units. So I could not redo changes like rear view camera angle, seatbelt chimes and warnings, start up in sport mode, plus no more sport + mode. no more changing fuel reserve warnings etc. my supra was unlocked from the factory like other early 2020's.
Is there a way to regain these functions other than sending the ecu out to be unlocked?
I am in similar position, but I only lost control over head unit. Looks like Bimmercode makers didn't release updates required to program some versions of controllers. Bimmercode support told me that information required to make necessary app updates is not available to them.

OP
OP

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The above problems were using the Z4 tab, Tried using the Supra tab no difference. I am using the MX interface. The control units stated above say not possible when selected. Things are not the same!

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Try updating the software on your obd connector and updating Bimmercode. I had the same issue until updating.

OP
OP

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I tried updating the softwares even though it worked fine 2 months ago. Still no better. It is good to know some of you have been able to bimmercode after the recall. I'll let her sit over night and try it again in the next day or two. I hope Toyota has not revised the software for this recall and I'm the lucky first. Good news is that it went well and it did not effect the nav unit.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I tried updating the softwares even though it worked fine 2 months ago. Still no better. It is good to know some of you have been able to bimmercode after the recall. I'll let her sit over night and try it again in the next day or two. I hope Toyota has not revised the software for this recall and I'm the lucky first. Good news is that it went well and it did not effect the nav unit.
Good luck but I had no issues with Bimmercode after the recall. My Bimmercode version is 4.1 (12440) - 13.1.0 if that helps and I’m using OBDLink CX.

OP
OP

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thanks for the help, I went out the car this morning and still not able to update certain control units. so I updated again the software for OBDLink MX and Bimmercode. Now it works! I appreciate the help!

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took my supra today for both an oil change and the recall, but when I got the car back, all my bimmercode changes were still there. Nothing changed.

I asked them and they said yes, that the recall was done. I have my doubts, is there any way to check if the recall was actually done?

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I asked them and they said yes, that the recall was done. I have my doubts, is there any way to check if the recall was actually done?
To verify your I level, BimmerCode shows it on the vehicle information screen.

If the I level is below S18T-21-07-519, (Supra, 2021, July, 519) (ignore the 519 number) you won’t have full screen carplay and the brake booster recall campaign has not been done.

Last edited:

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Where, in the plethora of menus, can we change the fuel reserve warning???

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To verify your I level BimmerCode shows it on the vehicle information screen.

If the I level is below S18T-21-07-519, (Supra, 2021, July, 519) (ignore the 519 number) you won’t have full screen carplay and the brake booster recall campaign has not been done.
Thank you!! I just checked and it's exactly that one. There is an even latest one though, so I'll look into updating to that one

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
…There is an even latest one though, so I'll look into updating to that one
Certainly S18T-22-03-535 is available, if not already superseded.

Pity the dealer couldn’t be bothered to flash that as part of the service.
Sponsored