Brake recall and throttle response

Seven Bacon

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Tundra, 2021 Supra
I just had the recall ECU update done and noticed throttle response has a delay now. Also the fake engine noise is gone. This is in sport mode. Does the update disable the ASD by default? or maybe the mechanic disabled it. Not complaining about that, but throttle delay will be a problem for me. Anyone else experience this after the recall work?
Sponsored

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I just had the recall ECU update done and noticed throttle response has a delay now. Also the fake engine noise is gone. This is in sport mode. Does the update disable the ASD by default? or maybe the mechanic disabled it. Not complaining about that, but throttle delay will be a problem for me. Anyone else experience this after the recall work?
There's a whole thread about this:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/throttle-hesitation.8938/page-30#post-267740

but yeah happened to me too after my recall service. Tried to tell the service guy but he just told me "it's a BMW thing, they all do it" lol

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Tried to tell the service guy but he just told me "it's a BMW thing, they all do it" lol
Well, he’s not wrong, and by the sounds of it he’s a lazy, incompetent ass. I guess, “It’s a service guy thing, they all are.”

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Another reason I will not have it done or let the dealer touch my car for any other reason involving ecu.

OP
OP
Seven Bacon

Seven Bacon

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Tundra, 2021 Supra
tg_mkv I briefly checked that thread yesterday but didn't believe it could be TC related. But it is indeed. I can confirm it's better with TC off. Still wonder if the mech disabled the fake engine noise, which I'm happy about. It sounds more refined inside.

OP
OP
Seven Bacon

Seven Bacon

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Tundra, 2021 Supra
Same here

Another reason I will not have it done or let the dealer touch my car for any other reason involving ecu.

3literV8Eater

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
That recall is not needed unless you create the condition the recall is to correct. I have the recall open still and don’t intend on getting it done at any point in the future. Just don’t do the thing that creates the problem and you won’t ever have a problem. That’s too easy.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That recall is not needed unless you create the condition the recall is to correct. I have the recall open still and don’t intend on getting it done at any point in the future. Just don’t do the thing that creates the problem and you won’t ever have a problem. That’s too easy.
I agree 100% except are you the only person who will EVER start your car? Any servicing, valet parking, friends/family
 That’s the reason I had it done.

ky.supra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
When you start the car for the first time, do you let the car warm up first until the RPM drops down before driving?

sledguy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (#1451), 2020 Rav4, 2021 BMW X3M
I have a 2020 launch edition. I have not had the brake recall done. Am I going to have problems? What exactly happens if the brakes do whatever it is they do that warranted recall?

sledguy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (#1451), 2020 Rav4, 2021 BMW X3M
Don’t you just lose the vacuum assist but the mechanical/hydronic stays functional?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don’t you just lose the vacuum assist but the mechanical/hydronic stays functional?
That sounds correct. You’ll still be able to stop but it’ll require more force on the pedal. Some here have had it happen to them so maybe they’ll chime in to clarify. And yes, to our understanding if your car is never started incorrectly then it should never happen, but you should get it done.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That sounds correct. You’ll still be able to stop but it’ll require more force on the pedal. Some here have had it happen to them so maybe they’ll chime in to clarify. And yes, to our understanding if your car is never started incorrectly then it should never happen, but you should get it done.
Can't you accidently do it by trying to getting into diagnostic mode or secret menu?
Sponsored