RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
My dealer just told me they are only getting one car and the guy before me has first choice. He wants all the colors except yellow. So the only way I will get one on July 22 if they get a yellow supra. So I guess I will be calling all dealers around me tomorrow to find an unreserved car. Wish me luck guys.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer just told me they are only getting one car and the guy before me has first choice. He wants all the colors except yellow. So the only way I will get one on July 22 if they get a yellow supra. So I guess I will be calling all dealers around me tomorrow to find an unreserved car. Wish me luck guys.
Man that blows. Best of luck. The second guy on the list at my dealer is the owner so now Iā€™m worried

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Looks like I'm out of luck with the first allocation. I called over 40 dealers in Ontario and all are sold or they are selling them over MSRP. This really sucks!

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Looks like I'm out of luck with the first allocation. I called over 40 dealers in Ontario and all are sold or they are selling them over MSRP. This really sucks!
I thought that wasn't allowed or at least discouraged in Canada?

I feel like there are going to be alot of us who are disappointed thus summer...

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
I thought that wasn't allowed or at least discouraged in Canada?

I feel like there are going to be alot of us who are disappointed thus summer...
I thought that too but with all the hype in the US asking over MSRP. The dealers here are trying to capitalize on it. I'm sure they will have a work around to get more than MSRP for it.

AugustineW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X5+2020 Nitro Yellow Supra
I thought that too but with all the hype in the US asking over MSRP. The dealers here are trying to capitalize on it. I'm sure they will have a work around to get more than MSRP for it.
I believe it's not legit to mark up a new car in Ontario. My sales friend told me that they would have to register it first so that it becomes a "used" car. The dealer can then ask for any price on the vehicle. That's what they did to the M4 GTS.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Looks like first allocation in Canada is super limited. Was told 30 across canada for this fall. Many werent even given their choice of color. Toyota just allocated it to different dealers. Couldn't get my Red one but black arriving at my dealer end of the month. Then I get it in hand beginning of August.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like first allocation in Canada is super limited. Was told 30 across canada for this fall. Many werent even given their choice of color. Toyota just allocated it to different dealers. Couldn't get my Red one but black arriving at my dealer end of the month. Then I get it in hand beginning of August.
That doesnā€™t make sense, the photo I posted of all the cars at the Halifax port were way more than 30

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That doesnā€™t make sense, the photo I posted of all the cars at the Halifax port were way more than 30
That's what I was told. I don't know. I found it odd to.

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
This whole process is really putting me off in the supra. It's forcing people to take what ever color comes their way. I'm now looking at a used GT4. It might be a better choice for me and I know it's something I will enjoy. Haven't even seen the supra in person is really going in blind and hoping you will enjoy it.
Sponsored