Calling all Canadians!

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Yes those photos match what Toyota reps at the Montreal and Toronto show told me -300 this year and next year 500-600 total.
So in the next 2 years less than 1000 in all of Canada! You will not pass many other supras on your journeys!
Sponsored

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
This whole process is really putting me off in the supra. It's forcing people to take what ever color comes their way. I'm now looking at a used GT4. It might be a better choice for me and I know it's something I will enjoy. Haven't even seen the supra in person is really going in blind and hoping you will enjoy it.
I am totally in the same boat as you. If I canā€™t get the car before aug I highly doubt Iā€™m gunna stick with it. Whatā€™s the point on getting a sports car, drive it for a month, maybe two then have to park it for winter for 6.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
This whole process is really putting me off in the supra. It's forcing people to take what ever color comes their way. I'm now looking at a used GT4. It might be a better choice for me and I know it's something I will enjoy. Haven't even seen the supra in person is really going in blind and hoping you will enjoy it.
It really feels like Toyota restricted supply on purpose either to build the hype train for later on or just create a rarity.

Waiting my dealer to reply to me as to where I sit in the queue (I never did ask), if I'm further back then 2/3 then I'll leave my money with them for a few weeks (in case the other people have some kind of issue with colour etc.) and then I'm just going to be done with this years Supra. I'm not mad about it, it's just a real shame they didn't drop a few more cars on Canada.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
The GT4 is an awesome car. Love mine. It is quite annoying to drive around town, though. The front scrapes on everything and the lower gears are too tall which makes it easy to stall and you have to ride the clutch quite a bit.

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
The GT4 is an awesome car. Love mine. It is quite annoying to drive around town, though. The front scrapes on everything and the lower gears are too tall which makes it easy to stall and you have to ride the clutch quite a bit.
Thanks for the tip. I might test drive one today.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
So I'm confused, have all 300 hit Canada yet or not? My dealer is trying to tell me that I'm on the 'next production run' which I thought was going to be in 2020.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
So I'm confused, have all 300 hit Canada yet or not? My dealer is trying to tell me that I'm on the 'next production run' which I thought was going to be in 2020.
I don't think so. But seems like numbers are all over.

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
I was told at the two shows by Toyota Canada reps 300 this year -that's it next year summer of 2020 / 500-600 cars .

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer has been dead silent to me. Think itā€™s safe to say I wonā€™t have a car on the 22nd :(

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My dealer has been dead silent to me. Think itā€™s safe to say I wonā€™t have a car on the 22nd :(
Call them. They should know if they got allocation or not by now. Dealers who registered to get supras had to order special tools and training.

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
So I test drove a 2016 981 GT4 today. The car is amazing and looks so sick in person but not meant for street driving. I couldn't get past 2nd gear because the gears were so long and if I push it to higher gears it would run on lower rpm which cause a low drone exhaust sound that is deafening. The car feels like it wants to open up but being restricted by the street speed limits. It just didn't feel right. Also no back up camera or other vehicles feature that we got used to having. Pretty much bone features for the track. The view around the car was very limited too and I was so paranoid that I would hit something I can't see out of the car. Also the front is very low. Even a small driveway was a challenge to not get it scrapped. I'm glad I test drove the car and I'm going to pass on it. It's a beautiful car but just not for daily street use.

20190712_215316.jpg

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
So I test drove a 2016 981 GT4 today. The car is amazing and looks so sick in person but not meant for street driving. I couldn't get past 2nd gear because the gears were so long and if I push it to higher gears it would run on lower rpm which cause a low drone exhaust sound that is deafening. The car feels like it wants to open up but being restricted by the street speed limits. It just didn't feel right. Also no back up camera or other vehicles feature that we got used to having. Pretty much bone features for the track. The view around the car was very limited too and I was so paranoid that I would hit something I can't see out of the car. Also the front is very low. Even a small driveway was a challenge to not get it scrapped. I'm glad I test drove the car and I'm going to pass on it. It's a beautiful car but just not for daily street use.

20190712_215316.jpg
So what I said was correct?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is what my dealer sent to me
2CB99D6A-6EA5-40F0-BB3D-24F4FCAC0908.jpeg
That's fucking bull shit they're in the dark. I signed all my papers and lease today. Expected delivery end of the month. planning launch party and photo sessions already.
Sponsored