Canadian Manual Transmission Allocations

roddrsw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
Gentlemen, I have a white manual supra on order arriving in Montreal "this spring", according to dealer. Two questions:
(1) Any idea what Toyota's definition of spring is?
(2) I would prefer a stratosphere or CU Later colored car. Anyone want to trade?
This Spring, on Toyota's vocabulary means: Any date between March 2024 and March 2025, with possibility to delay.
Sponsored

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I put my deposit in this week and it's "sometime in early June". CU Later allocation to dealer.

car5m

First Name
car5m
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra pending
It's amusing that, when discussing cars arriving soon, one Canadian dealer is saying "Spring" while another "June", while another "first quarter". I assume that the Toyota allocation system is providing a specific date (i.e. Toyota supply chain knows exactly what it's shipping in the next 60 days) and the dealer is too lazy to look in his system.

MagicMike81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus is350
I placed a deposit last July, still waiting. Recently my sales rep informed me that Toyota Canada is favouring leases over financing and cash purchase. Reason is because of instances of Canadian Supra MT and other rare models getting exported out of country.

Anyone else hear about this?

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
Check dealer inventories, if you want manual orange editions they are out there in stock/available.

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I placed a deposit last July, still waiting. Recently my sales rep informed me that Toyota Canada is favouring leases over financing and cash purchase. Reason is because of instances of Canadian Supra MT and other rare models getting exported out of country.

My dealer made me sign paperwork (with their letterhead, not Toyota) stating I would not export the car (2023 MT) for a year.

When I put the deposit down they casually asked how I would be purchasing and didn't seem to have a problem with cash/financing last year.

silver28

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 435i

I didn't hear this but it makes sense. They make a lot more money plus they will have a Supra to sell after a few years.

Honestly, I think if you add an extended warranty and some extra stuff you'll get your allocation sooner. I ordered a CU later grey...but before that they offered me white, then red then blue which I then accepted. All were manuals. They did 'scam' me a bit by saying the customer backed out but ordered tints and minor PPF on 1/3 of the hood for $1500 which I had to pay for.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

I placed my deposit for a car that is supposed to be here June 2024 and it wasn't a factor. I made a deal based on the shortest finance term available, but I'll pay cash when the thing actually shows up and I'm pretty sure my salesperson knows that without it being discussed. I did purchase the longest time/shortest distance warranty as well though, which is all profit for the dealer. I figured it was the easiest way to get every single other "add on" eliminated seeing as I was purchasing something that wasn't even on the lot, nor really guaranteed for that matter.

car5m

First Name
car5m
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra pending
This week, I found a dealer in Montreal kind enough to share the pipeline for manual Supras arriving in Quebec in the near future.

According to him, the system shows five manual cars intended for Quebec that remain unallocated. These manual cars each already have colours - I think all colours were available except Stratosphere and CU later. This means you can call any Quebec Toyota dealer and place a deposit to reserve one of these five unallocated manual cars.

If the salesperson at your dealer is not familiar with the pipeline system and can't show you the specific manual cars destined for Qc (with arrival dates, colours, etc), I suggest you find another dealer or salesperson.

I was able to place an order for a white Supra arriving May 16. There was no pressure to finance the car, and no required undertaking not to sell the vehicle to the US. Such undertaking would be illegal under Quebec consumer legislation and, I suspect, the law of most provinces.

Last edited:

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Hey @Rustyoid do you think you could give us an update on the 2024 allocations similar to the first post here?

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
Rusty hasn't logged in since July 2023, he disappeared off of the GR Corolla forums iirc around the same time as he did from here. I think it's pretty safe to say he's probably not gonna be coming back to give these updates.

Who knows what actually happened, maybe he got let go or changed jobs or something but it's been about a year since the last updates.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Rusty hasn't logged in since July 2023, he disappeared off of the GR Corolla forums iirc around the same time as he did from here. I think it's pretty safe to say he's probably not gonna be coming back to give these updates.

Who knows what actually happened, maybe he got let go or changed jobs or something but it's been about a year since the last updates.
Thank you for that update. Too bad, that information was great!

Ace of Laces

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Benz C350, 20' Porsche Taycan 4S, 23' MT Supra
I have a 2024 Nocturnal Black with Black interior Premium MT arriving in a couple months that’s still available for MSRP. Located in Winnipeg. No GTA buyers please. Prairies or North western Ontario is preferred. Please dm me for a phone number. Serious buyers only.

there is no add on PPF/Tint/ etc or any other BS dealer stuff.

car5m

First Name
car5m
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra pending
I have a 2024 white manual Supra arriving in Montreal on May 16. I've decided to cancel my order and buy a different vehicle. Does anyone want to take over my allocation? If so I will connect you with the dealer.

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla
I have been waiting since May 2022 to get a manual Supra at a Montreal major dealer...

Sad your allocation is white, the only color I won't consider...

Any insight on dealers that might have other manual supra coming soon in Quebec?
Sponsored