Candy Apple Red

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
I'm thinking of repainting mine Candy Apple Red. The true candy (silver base, candy red and clear coats). Curious if anyone has done that to theirs and if so would you mind sharing photos? I'm debating painting versus wrap. Thoughts?

IMG_3637.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Hot damn!! You just sold me! WOW that looks HOT!

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
I think it would look stunning, but what level of repaint are we talking here?

If it's anything less than stripping the car down to bare chassis and repainting the whole thing on a rotisserie and re-assembling the car (The cost if which is probably north of $25k), I probably wouldn't go for it.

A proper repaint is unique and would be cool imo if you're okay with the cost, but just re-painting the exterior/visible surfaces and leaving everything else would kill the resale value of the car, and still be expensive to do properly. If your car isn't red from the factory, then it becomes really obvious that it was repainted when you look under the hood or under any carpeting.

Would recommend wrapping if you just want to change the exterior surface colour.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I was going to suggest trying to mimic the Mazda Jewel Red from their current lineup. I hope they'll put it on the RX9 if it happens.
EVERYTIME, I walk by a Mazda in this color, I tell my wife, "would of been cool if they made the Supra in this color" haha

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
EVERYTIME, I walk by a Mazda in this color, I tell my wife, "would of been cool if they made the Supra in this color" haha
I have a new Mazda CX-5 in "the red". It's a beautiful red. The nicest I've ever seen.

Phil

Last edited:

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I found this Candy Apple Red wrap online. Not sure if that is a rendering or an actual pic. Either way I think it would look stunning!

candy apple red.jpg
Yep.... Still my favorite color on a car :p

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Hot DAMN that is gorgeous!! By the sounds of it, I wouldn't be able to afford a true strip down candy paint job...Maybe a wrap. Is his a wrap or full repaint?
Wrap. In Inozetek Vampire Red
Sponsored