Klown

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Hey got in my car this morning and carplay has disappeared no way to reconnect

anyone else experiencing this? Know how to get it back?
Help!:dunno::imnew:
Sponsored

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Not in front of the car, but I believe you have to turn off toyota connect in one of the menus. It allows you to use Carplay or the other connection method

OP
OP
Klown

Klown

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Not in front of the car, but I believe you have to turn off toyota connect in one of the menus. It allows you to use Carplay or the other connection method
Ive disconnected and reconnected regular bluetooth multiple times no luck, carplay isnt even coming up as an option completely gone from the idrive

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
it's not the bluetooth, it's another setting that you can choose between carplay and another connection type. You'll have to scroll through the menus as I don't have the car in front of me.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I was in the same predicament as you, and I figured it out by going through the various menus

OP
OP
Klown

Klown

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
it's not the bluetooth, it's another setting that you can choose between carplay and another connection type. You'll have to scroll through the menus as I don't have the car in front of me.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I was in the same predicament as you, and I figured it out by going through the various menus
Yea i get that, but scrolling through all the menus carplay option no longer exists in any menu or anything

OP
OP
Klown

Klown

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra

Appreciate it sir

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Did you code your car? It's pretty easy to zap things in Expert mode if you're not careful.

Beyond that, there is a menu option somewhere that sets up the comm mode. I think you have to have wifi active for carplay to appear.
Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 5.45.32 PM.jpg

OP
OP
Klown

Klown

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Nope havent coded anything it was fine last night started this morning,

my phone wont even connect to the supra wifi anymore, no clue what happened

ArtEmortal

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 GTI 1.8T, 2013 VW CC R-Line, 2020 Toyota Supra
My CarPlay disappeared from the menu also. I've deleted the phone from the Mobile Device list from the Supra and also forgot the vehicle on the phone. Added a new device to the vehicle. Carplay still doesn't show up.

Also, the Supra has a "vehiclewifi" when i try to join it. I need a password. I called up the dealer to find out what they can. i got the, "did you delete the phone from the vehicle? did you try connecting a USB cable?" i'll probably hear back tomorrow. I am not sure how to trigger the app to send out the password. And Supra Connect works fine.

Oh. And if im too close to my wifi, i drove out to an empty parking lot, same results.

iPhone XS Max (iOS 14.2)
IMG_1629_50.jpg

IMG_1632_50.jpg

IMG_1633_50.jpg

IMG_1634_50.jpg

OP
OP
Klown

Klown

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
My CarPlay disappeared from the menu also. I've deleted the phone from the Mobile Device list from the Supra and also forgot the vehicle on the phone. Added a new device to the vehicle. Carplay still doesn't show up.

Also, the Supra has a "vehiclewifi" when i try to join it. I need a password. I called up the dealer to find out what they can. i got the, "did you delete the phone from the vehicle? did you try connecting a USB cable?" i'll probably hear back tomorrow. I am not sure how to trigger the app to send out the password. And Supra Connect works fine.

iPhone XS Max (iOS 14.2)
IMG_1629_50.jpg

IMG_1632_50.jpg

IMG_1633_50.jpg

IMG_1634_50.jpg
This happened today? Randomly?

Shoshin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition - Nocturnal with carbon fiber mirror caps. 2018 Shelby GT350, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 A10, 2017 Focus RS, 2015 Mustang GT PP, 2013 Focus ST, 2003 Mustang Mach 1, 1995 Mustang GT
I have this exact same scenario - same screens - started this morning. Nothing I do seems to make a difference. Worked yesterday.