Trunk will not close completely anymore and has a gap

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Adjust the bump stops above the tail lights. you can turn them with your hands.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave_MK5

Dave_MK5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Update: got the underglow installed and trunk fixed, it seemed like he had left something in the latch area that was blocking it from closing completely. Regardless it has been an interesting few days but its finally all squared away thankfully. This is how it came out
soup underglow.jpg

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
Your underglow looks more even than most. Can you post more pics?

Is that the Oracle kit in the front? I couldn't hack it to work with turn signals so I returned mine.

OP
OP
Dave_MK5

Dave_MK5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Your underglow looks more even than most. Can you post more pics?

Is that the Oracle kit in the front? I couldn't hack it to work with turn signals so I returned mine.
my bad havent checked this its the lighting trendz flow series with a blueghozt. pretty cool functions I dont know how to upload a video but i have a function for my turn signals and for when i brake love the look.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
I am probably 30 years to old to see the point of underglow but my 16 year old son say its cool so I have to trust him.;)
Each to their own. Good thing you got the trunk sorted.

ohio_zupra

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra
Update: got the underglow installed and trunk fixed, it seemed like he had left something in the latch area that was blocking it from closing completely. Regardless it has been an interesting few days but its finally all squared away thankfully. This is how it came out
soup underglow.jpg
What do you mean he left something in the latch? I have the same issue after underglow installed and have a gap

Jason cabrera

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
soup underglow.jpg
What they ended up fixing ? Iā€™ve read the whole story and didnā€™t see anything about the soluciĆ³n, I have the same problem

ohio_zupra

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra
What they ended up fixing ? Iā€™ve read the whole story and didnā€™t see anything about the soluciĆ³n, I have the same problem
On mine the rubber around the hatch looked from the outside as if it was in completely but it wasn't. I hopped in the hatch and noticed it wasn't pressed down completely. The dealer couldn't even figure out why mine wasn't closing. They kept telling me the latch wasn't lined up correctly. The rubber around the hatch is very difficult to get it to press down completely. I used a butter knife.

Jason cabrera

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
On mine the rubber around the hatch looked from the outside as if it was in completely but it wasn't. I hopped in the hatch and noticed it wasn't pressed down completely. The dealer couldn't even figure out why mine wasn't closing. They kept telling me the latch wasn't lined up correctly. The rubber around the hatch is very difficult to get it to press down completely. I used a butter knife.
Thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking

Jason cabrera

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
I fixed it, notification is gone and the latch was aligned and the strip was raised so I fixed it

krafreyn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I fixed it, notification is gone and the latch was aligned and the strip was raised so I fixed it
You fixed it by just cutting into the plastic around where the latch closes ?

(Pics if possible, Iā€™ve had this issue for the past couple weeks and still tryna figure out how to fix it)
Sponsored