Caught a rock today

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Driving home today after work, listening to some tunes and BAM! Sounded like a gunshot. Never saw it coming. At first I couldn't see it but finally did. Slightly larger than quarter. Not at all in my line of vision. Sucks but thankful it didn't hit anything else. Have zero deductible for glass replacement so that's a plus. Getting it repaired on Tuesday.

20211119_150716.jpg
Sponsored

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
There were two large rocks that hit my window on my Supra and so far so good. It’s much stronger than my camaro glass. I had to replace that 3 times! And it was the expensive Pilkington brand with the HUD. I bet that was really damn loud when it hit your window to crack it.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Our freeways are the worst with all of the new construction in our city. I do all I can to stay off the freeway except for Sunday’s when the dump trucks are primarily off the roads.

OP
OP
Half Vast

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update - windshield cannot be repaired. The glass is crushed where it was hit. It has to be replaced. Company is ordering an OEM windshield. Waiting to hear back from them to reschedule the replacement. Not really looking forward to having that done.

Oh well, could have been worse. It could have been a body panel.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Update - windshield cannot be repaired. The glass is crushed where it was hit. It has to be replaced. Company is ordering an OEM windshield. Waiting to hear back from them to reschedule the replacement. Not really looking forward to having that done.

Oh well, could have been worse. It could have been a body panel.
No need to worry...the process is pretty straightforward..takes a few hours n part of that is the curing time...
The only hassle is get the safety systems recalibrated ( if the company doing the install isn't equipped to do it...) might have to go to the dealership...

Steve

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Safelite took care of mine. I requested OEM Pilkington glass. They did the calibration as well...
They come to your door...

OP
OP
Half Vast

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here's a pic of the impact area. It's slightly bigger than a quarter.
20211125_150314.jpg

No need to worry...the process is pretty straightforward..takes a few hours n part of that is the curing time...
The only hassle is get the safety systems recalibrated ( if the company doing the install isn't equipped to do it...) might have to go to the dealership...
My only real concerns are for leaks or whistling after the install. Had a windshield replaced on one of my other vehicles that whistled like crazy. Took multiple attempts to be corrected.

Safelite took care of mine. I requested OEM Pilkington glass. They did the calibration as well...
Good to know. Thanks.

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
How come they go to your house?? They always want me to come to them lol. Yea I’ve had the worst experiences with safelite. Took it to them twice and each time as never seamless, I’d have to go back for them to fix their work.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
As for Safelite, I think it really depends on the tech who works on your car. Mine was very good when he did another car I owned in the past (besides the fact that he was about to wipe his finger smears off my A-Pillar with a paper towel on a black car o_O)..

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Welcome to the club. I didnt even make it to 1000 miles before I had to replace my window. There was also no rock involved in my case.
Sponsored