Chief Engineer Says Supra's Blocked-Off Air Vents Can Be Made Functional / Functional vents possible?

peppersam740

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jag F-type,, 2020 Toyota Supra
The hood is certainly too long to not have some kind of shape alteration in it somewhere. I think that this is the reason the vents are there & I'm fine with them.
I got all ready to make the hood vent functional until I removed the fake rubber one. Some manufacturer is going to have to come up with a replacement trim for the outer hood opening. Cutting the underhood would not be a problem for me.
Sponsored

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
The door vents should lead to the rear brakes if you cut and put the ducting for them. Question is will toyota make one so we dont have to. Obviously the rear vents are the exit points for the door vents. Rear brake cooling. Im honestly going to wait till this happens. I dont like fake shit IMHO. It makes no sense to make cosmetic pieces look cool unless your spending it on a cheap car. This is not a cheap car so it shouldnt have fake shit on it. They should have just made it curvy with out the fake vents then.

Come on, it's not even possible. The door vents are part of exterior garnish on the door. To get to the brakes, you'd have to cut holes in the door jamb, which is structural. Of all the fake vents, these are the most fake, with the least possibility of being realistically used. It should be obvious these ones have no chance at all.

I would love to see someone try this, it would be so entertaining.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Come on, it's not even possible. The door vents are part of exterior garnish on the door. To get to the brakes, you'd have to cut holes in the door jamb, which is structural. Of all the fake vents, these are the most fake, with the least possibility of being realistically used. It should be obvious these ones have no chance at all.

I would love to see someone try this, it would be so entertaining.
There is a car that has this done, actually. The Heritage Edition has a hole in the vent and one in the side skirt that apparently does something.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/2020-toyota-gr-supra-heritage-edition-ar186959.html

peppersam740

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jag F-type,, 2020 Toyota Supra
I'm planning on doing a little experiment with the hood vents soon to test their efficacy. I'll report back later.
I've looked at the hood vents extensively and wanted to open them up. I looked at the factory trim piece and the area under the hood I would cut out. We need a after market company to put out a replacement trim piece. I thought of cutting and modifying the factory trim piece and would not work.

OldDirtyRobb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
anything is possible if you throw money and time into it. Exactly 1 year passed from first Supra's, I've not seen anyone doing any work on it..
Then go on YouTube and search it. There are tons of people modifying these things. Did you not see sema?

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Thank you, literally some people have the audacity to throw Toyoda under the bus. Absolutely insane. The guys at SupraForums are blaming the creation of the A90 Supra and the collaboration with BMW at Toyoda but they don't realize this is what they have to do in order to potentially build an all-Toyota Supra in the future.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Then go on YouTube and search it. There are tons of people modifying these things. Did you not see sema?
Pretty sure he's talking about cutting the vents open and no one at sema cut the vents open. They put a pandem body kit on it.

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Thank you, literally some people have the audacity to throw Toyoda under the bus. Absolutely insane. The guys at SupraForums are blaming the creation of the A90 Supra and the collaboration with BMW at Toyoda but they don't realize this is what they have to do in order to potentially build an all-Toyota Supra in the future.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I don't know why they couldn't make it in house the 1st timearound, would have been way better. Case in point: Corvette C8, but you know by that already, blah blah blah.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I don't know why they couldn't make it in house the 1st timearound, would have been way better. Case in point: Corvette C8, but you know by that already, blah blah blah.
According to our insider as well as Supraforums' admin, it's in early stage planning.
Sponsored