Kyuen16

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could possibly answer a question I have or provide their own opinion. I’m completely new to paddle shifting, so all the information I know is either from experience or online reading, but I can’t seem to find answer.

In manual mode, is our car programed to automatically downshift when coming to a stop? Or am I technically supposed to downshift for stops?

I noticed the car automatically downshifts when braking to a stop, however I can’t tell if that is the intended way to stop or if the car is kicking in a safety mode/feature because I am not manually downshifting when coming to a stop.

Thank you in advance for the help!
Sponsored

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
the car is programmed to go back into first in Manual Mode when at a stop. You can do it if you want but i generally dont go below 2nd unless i'm at a complete stop, just like in my actual Manual Car

Nexus90

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra A91 Edition, 19 Camry, 04 Sequoia
I personally like to include the downshift when coming to a stop. I usually won't start pressing on the brake until I'm closer to my desired stopping point.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
5mph is when my car downshifts on its own to 1st gear, so that is the speed I am watching whether I want to let the car do it on its own, or whether I need to be in 1st (to possibly light-punch out of traffic, etc) and manually downshift.

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
At the end of the day, it's an automatic transmission. It will downshift perfectly fine by itself when the RPMs start dropping too low. It is designed to do that.
Sponsored