CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT DWS 06 plus

MR_X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra, 2016 Macan Turbo, 2010 M3
Considering these tires as well for cold weather/daily driving as Michelin doesn’t recommend using their summer tires under 40 degrees. Have them on my wife’s car and had them on other 2 cars before and no complains here. They can get noisy depending on surface but this can depend on the type of car. My wife has a Macan I can’t hear them but in my S4 and S3 I could hear them on rough surfaces.
Sponsored

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Just installed the DWS 06s in 265/285. I daily and do a LOT of highway driving year round. First impressions was smoother ride, plenty of dry traction, and absorbed road imperfections significantly better than stock tires.

However, I noticed at highway speeds the car would not feel stable--like it wanted to wander randomly in the lane and when it's usually very easy to remain in the center, I found it quite difficult to drive center lane and almost looked like I was swaying back and forth like a drunk driver.

Thought maybe it was alignment, but the behavior didn't change at all after I got it done. Anyone have a similar feel to these tires?

IMG_5525.jpeg
You've pretty much described tread squirm that's a characteristic of all seasons. I installed them recently myself as well for a three season tire so I could have a truly dedicated summer setup.

The DWS06+ is equal to the PSS in terms of performance, but the tread squirm is definitely something that stands out, and the road manners are vastly superior. Really showing the difference in a 10 year summer tire design.

I did notice that the steering got very very light after I swapped off the summer tire design. It's nice when you're just cruising, but I did notice that the car does try to tramline.

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Considering these tires as well for cold weather/daily driving as Michelin doesn’t recommend using their summer tires under 40 degrees. Have them on my wife’s car and had them on other 2 cars before and no complains here. They can get noisy depending on surface but this can depend on the type of car. My wife has a Macan I can’t hear them but in my S4 and S3 I could hear them on rough surfaces.
They're great for bay area temperatures so there's less concern about getting heat in them. Great 3 seasons tire if you don't get snow.
Sponsored