OP

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I hear what your saying, Looks like the rears will be to the wear bars by 10K, The fronts look like they could make 14-15K. Im not having the fun RJM is! Maybe it's the southwest heat and course roads? 75mph speed limits (+10 or 20 for good measure)? My rear motorcycle tires don't last very long either:( I may need to try the egg taped to the accelerator pedal.
Sponsored

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Summer tires perform better in the rain from what I've heard/seen/been told. I have had extremecontact sports multiple times on boosted BRZ and I love them. I absolutely plan to get them on my 3.0 as soon as the stocks are needing replacement. I drove hwy 299 from Redding to the coast going 70ish in heavy rain and never even felt like I was slipping. Happy to be alive though, that's for sure. Wouldn't do that twice, but anyhow, amazing tires in my personal experience and I have had 3 sets of them so far.

All-seasons just plain suck for a car like the Supra. They feel like you're driving on chewed gum.

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
I have the DWS 06 on my personal car and have been mostly happy so far with their performance. The grip in the cold and wet is excellent (I live in Portland, OR so lots of rain with a bit of light snow here and there). In the dry, they are fine for street driving but definitely can't compare to summer tires. I have about 7k miles on my set and they are wearing quite slowly which is nice.

The sidewall squish is what I noticed immediately after making the switch. The Continentals are way softer in terms of sidewall stiffness than the Goodyears I had on before them which weren't stellar. Steering feel wasn't as nice on the Contis and the handling felt slightly muted. On the plus side the ride is much more plush and the wet grip is vastly improved. This is on an E46 BMW so it might not directly translate to your Supra on the 19s.

Overall, I am happy with the DWS' but I've heard the A/S 3/4s are quite good as well.

-Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I finally swapped out my tires today At 11K. Fronts had lots of tread left. Rears at wear bars.

Pros...
the all season continentals have a super nice ride and very quiet. Luxury car ride
seem to stop straight line pretty good and expect wet weather light snow traction to be much better than stock PSS.
The price was right
If this is your daily driver and you drive mellow on straight hi ways it is ok and should last way longer than PSS.

Cons...
Lateral handling sucks! Very mushy compared to stock tires. Steering is no longer precise. Even at 41 psi. These will have to be winter only tires for me.
I now have to buy another set of rims and tires for proper 3 season driving. Which is ok with me since I have extra rims for all my other vehicles already.
If you are thinking about these tires as your only year round tires go buy a Lexus instead. The Supra is not the same fun factor with these tires.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
If you're looking for a good summer tire on the Supra for less cost than the PSS, but still retains more or less that feel/response, check the yokohama v601. They look good too if that matters to you.

Your DWS06 experience is on par with any vehicle I've tried with those tires equipped. Certainly a solid contender for light snow and wet traction. Good luck with your search!

Unfortunately my PSS lasted < 3,000 miles.
unknown.png

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
The Continental DWS 06 is a pretty good all season street tire just need to add 3 to 5 psi more above above factory specs since the side walls are a little softer than a dedicated Summer Tire. If its your daily and not tracked its a grippy street tire in all weather conditions. I have used these tires on My E90 M3 and a Subaru STI no issues even with spirited driving. Great in rain and grips in snow. I would go a little wider on these tire sizes since they run a little narrow.

Last edited:

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
The Continental DWS 06 is a pretty good all season street tire just need to add 3 to 5 psi more above above factory specs since the side walls are a little softer than a dedicated Summer Tire. If its your daily and not tracked its a grippy street tire in all weather conditions. I have used these tires on My E90 M3 and a Subaru STI no issues even with spirited driving. Great in rain and grips in snow. I would go a little wider on these tire sizes since they run a little narrow.
I need to trying bumping up the pressures on mine to see if that helps. Time to fix my air compressor. :(

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Michelin just added a bunch of new sizes for their new Pilot Sport AS4's, a good alternative to the DWS 06 Plus. These are the OEM tire on the new C8 Corvette. Both are the top flagship all season UHP tires on the market right now.
https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-all-season-4

Here's Tire Rack's testing comparison for the top Ultra High Performance All Seasons for 2021, including the DWS 06 Plus and Pilot AS4:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=266

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I need to trying bumping up the pressures on mine to see if that helps. Time to fix my air compressor. :(
Yeah bump up the pressures it will help. I used a Bicycle pump to add air to my tires then use my tire pressure gauge to regulate the pressure for my Supra lmao

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Have been running these DWS 06 Plus for a few months and gotta say, the ride is incredible. For a daily driver, these are hands down the best on the market. I sized up to 20's on my wheels and added these, and I was expecting a more jarring ride due to the larger wheels, but to my surprise, the ride actually got smoother to the point I thought I had new dampers. Really soaks up the small road imperfections and expansion joints so well. Super quiet as well and improved road noise in the cabin. Way better ride than the factory Michelin PSS, night and day difference.

However, as the OP mentioned, it does get more "mushy" to give this better ride. I don't track my car and there aren't any canyon or mountain roads nearby, so I can't complain for my usage. But grip and traction is still great with stock power, and I haven't reached the limits of grip yet. Still good for spirited daily driving in my opinion.

My friend with Michelin Pilot All Seasons and another with Toyo Proxes A/S also upgraded to these based on my recommendations, and are wowed by the improvement in ride quality, road noise, and wet traction.

IMG_1465.jpg

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
I know several people here have tried them and was hoping to get their opinions. I know I will lose some handling.I probably need to slow down a little anyway. Driving this car as it should be lands you in jail real quick. Trust me, I have been cut a break by two nice officers so far.
What is everyone's idea of spirited or "not slow" driving? At most I rip it to 100 mph on a long stretch of empty smooth road. Other than that I kinda just weave through the highways at 65-85mph

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I'm wondering how these compare to the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4? Supposedly the Michelins have better handling characteristics in dry conditions. Does anyone have experience with the Michelins for comparison?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm wondering how these compare to the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4? Supposedly the Michelins have better handling characteristics in dry conditions. Does anyone have experience with the Michelins for comparison?
I’ve used both and the AS4’s feel much “sportier” than the DWS because of the stiffer sidewalls.

I previously have used every generation of the DWS over the last 20 years, but now much prefer the AS4’s.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
What is everyone's idea of spirited or "not slow" driving? At most I rip it to 100 mph on a long stretch of empty smooth road. Other than that I kinda just weave through the highways at 65-85mph
Exactly. These are perfectly fine for that purpose IMO. I think the soft sidewalls or grip limits are an issue for people taking corners hard in the twisties or pushing higher HP with tunes and power mods (where something like 300TW tires are needed to hook). In a lot of the flatter US states, we pretty much just have highways and city streets, so driving aggressively would be as you describe.
The Michelins have a firmer sidewall and slightly better dry handling. So you get more summer tire-like performance, at the expense of some comfort, road noise, and wet handling - but the AS4 is no slouch by any means in any of those departments, just speaking in comparison to the DWS 06 Plus.

This comparison has all the tested data and feedback you need:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=266

john13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction Blue
Just installed the DWS 06s in 265/285. I daily and do a LOT of highway driving year round. First impressions was smoother ride, plenty of dry traction, and absorbed road imperfections significantly better than stock tires.

However, I noticed at highway speeds the car would not feel stable--like it wanted to wander randomly in the lane and when it's usually very easy to remain in the center, I found it quite difficult to drive center lane and almost looked like I was swaying back and forth like a drunk driver.

Thought maybe it was alignment, but the behavior didn't change at all after I got it done. Anyone have a similar feel to these tires?

IMG_5525.jpeg
Sponsored