When will we see a production spec mk5 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 WRX Limited, 2015 GLA250 AMG Sport
I want the new GT350 too, but I have to see insurance quote on that. Corvette C7 quote is actually lower than my WRX. I may get a pre owned C7 if Supra can't be here soon enough.
Sponsored

AZ Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hoping for new Supra
Gas guzzler tax on the GT350 too. There is going to be some serious markups on these the first few years out. I'd give it a year and hopefully we can get some real Supra news by then. All I need is just something to keep me waiting...

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Yeah kinda surprised by gas guzzler... would think that 6th gear would be long enough to avoid that.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
I want the new GT350 too, but I have to see insurance quote on that. Corvette C7 quote is actually lower than my WRX. I may get a pre owned C7 if Supra can't be here soon enough.
Corvette is old man car = cheap insurance. WRX is young person car = expensive insurance. ;)

Scino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 WRX Limited, 2015 GLA250 AMG Sport
Corvette is old man car = cheap insurance. WRX is young person car = expensive insurance. ;)
Regardless of the fact that majority buyers are older crowd, C7 is a performer, and I can get one less than 50K next year. I'm still holding out for Supra as long as I can.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Regardless of the fact that majority buyers are older crowd, C7 is a performer, and I can get one less than 50K next year. I'm still holding out for Supra as long as I can.
Same here.. I was about to buy a 370z Nismo but, you know, FT-1 hype!

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
Yea there's no better bang for the buck out there than the C7 probably, but there's something about the stigma of the name that wouldn't make me feel right about owning one. I know it's a petty reason not to buy a car but at the end of the day you gotta feel comfortable and identify with your car. On the other hand I'd feel right at home in a a modern day Supra featuring Japanese styling and technology (with some quality German engineering added).

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
^Why i don't think many will be cross shopping the C7 and Supra. Not to mention the lack of back seat but regardless I think they are just completely different crowds. I visit Corvette Forum on occasion and the hate for imports (and import buyers) is pretty noticeable.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ that could be true more for the older generation of hardcore Corvette lovers. But I think the new Corvette is aimed at a younger generation which could probably be more open minded once they actually see what comes out of Toyota who may cross shop or even trade in their corvette for one. It's been several years since Toyota has been on many enthusiast minds so I don't really blame people for not believing this car will come out. Toyota has been too quiet about this car lately, everything has been from inside sources leaking here and there but not even a slight word from Toyota officially since the FT-1 debut.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
If we are following the time table of the Lexus LC. Than I'm afraid we won't see anything for another 2 years :(

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah Toyota still has there presentation tomorrow and Aikio is in Detroit. So maybe introducing an official new concept is possible. But as far as production, seems like it will be coming in 2018 as a 2019 model at the earliest. Since the LC500 is coming out next year as a 2018 model. So looks like we might be in for some wait.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Tada san did say it takes around 5 years or so to develop a new sports car.

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Tada san did say it takes around 5 years or so to develop a new sports car.
True. Hard to keep in mind that it's only been 2 years since the surprise debut of the FT-1 Concept. I guess when you want something so badly it makes the wait seem even longer than reality.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
True. Hard to keep in mind that it's only been 2 years since the surprise debut of the FT-1 Concept. I guess when you want something so badly it makes the wait seem even longer than reality.
The waiting is killing me too!!! But I find this to be kinda good news. Maybe they will fast track FT-1 as well :D

Before LC, the process of creating a new platform was a six-year undertaking in which design and engineering predominantly worked separately. For LC, the timeline got fast-tracked to four years, design and engineering coming together as a single team from the start. Less about two groups compromising, more about one striving for a common goal.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-lexus-lc-500-first-look-review/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.